You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Royal Wedding.

WaltonRed

How is it different to leaving your children money or property in your will, and if you was to take the land away from the royals wouldn't it also be right to make all non native people who live in North and South America, Australia and Africa?

The problem is if you would have that type of attitude with the royals then you would have to have the same atitude to going back to the first caveman booting a weaker caveman out of his cave because he was stronger and he could in effect.

It's a job none of them applied for, one they can never give up. The majority of the wealth doesn't exist in real terms because they can't sell anything of real value. Imagine an entire life in the spotlight and every single thing you do analysed by twats like Jenny Bond. Can't do any of the things we've all done without a million flashbulbs going off. Added to that the constant threat off some mad cunt trying kill you.

The only money I'm interested in giving the monachy is for a DNA test for Harry so I can finally get him off my tit.

Tell you something though, one interesting thing about all this bollocks is that it shows you how class dominated the media is. I've seen no sense of 'who gives a fuck?' from any of the papers, talk shows or news channels, they're all basically creaming over it and how great it'll be. Conversely, I haven't spoken to a single person in the 'real world' who gives a shite.

The only money I'm interested in giving the monachy is for a DNA test for Harry so I can finally get him off my tit.

Tell you something though, one interesting thing about all this bollocks is that it shows you how class dominated the media is. I've seen no sense of 'who gives a fuck?' from any of the papers, talk shows or news channels, they're all basically creaming over it and how great it'll be. Conversely, I haven't spoken to a single person in the 'real world' who gives a shite.

Damn straight, motherfucker needs to go on Jeremy Kyle.

How is it different to leaving your children money or property in your will, and if you was to take the land away from the royals wouldn't it also be right to make all non native people who live in North and South America, Australia and Africa?

The problem is if you would have that type of attitude with the royals then you would have to have the same atitude to going back to the first caveman booting a weaker caveman out of his cave because he was stronger and he could in effect.

You're talking to the wrong man here with that line of discussion, John, because I think a fair and decent society should probably be looking to restrict the amount of wealth that parents can pass to children. I see no problem with the family home remaining in the family for generations but I'd look to tax any other homes very, very highly. There is no need for people to be owning lots of land and accumulating empires of property. I'd also restrict the amount of wealth that can be passed to children and have absolutely no issue with someone's life savings being used to provide them with care at the end of their life. I see all of that as fair.

The difference between the monarchy and the caveman example is that now we have developed into a, supposedly, free and fair democracy there is no issue with us deciding that people being born into wealth and land whilst others have little is not what we want as a society. We can, very simply, pass laws that recliam the land of the country for those that reside in it, and the wealth of the few to be used for the benefit of the many. It's a matter of will and means, and unfortunately both are lacking in this country, from the few and, ridiculously, also from the many.

You're talking to the wrong man here with that line of discussion, John, because I think a fair and decent society should probably be looking to restrict the amount of wealth that parents can pass to children. I see no problem with the family home remaining in the family for generations but I'd look to tax any other homes very, very highly. There is no need for people to be owning lots of land and accumulating empires of property. I'd also restrict the amount of wealth that can be passed to children and have absolutely no issue with someone's life savings being used to provide them with care at the end of their life. I see all of that as fair.

The difference between the monarchy and the caveman example is that now we have developed into a, supposedly, free and fair democracy there is no issue with us deciding that people being born into wealth and land whilst others have little is not what we want as a society. We can, very simply, pass laws that recliam the land of the country for those that reside in it, and the wealth of the few to be used for the benefit of the many. It's a matter of will and means, and unfortunately both are lacking in this country, from the few and, ridiculously, also from the many.

I'd like to see that particular law come to pass, preferably the amount in question would be about a tenner. I've told my kids not to expect an inheritance from me. I plan to spend everything I've accumulated during my working life during my retirement. I can't understand why people die with hundreds of grand in the bank, only to give it to their children. Don't we give them enough while they are our responsibility?

• 7 years later...

Just to get everyone in the mood for the next royal wedding.

Windsor council leader calls for removal of homeless before royal wedding

Simon Dudley, a Conservative, is demanding police use legal powers to clear the area of homeless people by 19 May

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/03/windsor-council-calls-removal-homeless-people-before-royal-wedding

Got my hair cut yesterday and the lass was pretty understated and that, then from nowhere she pipes up “The Royal Wedding should brighten up the year, shouldn’t it?” to which I initially presumed she was taking the piss.

On and on she proceeded to chirp about it and how she’s booked the day off work already.

Then asked me if I’d seen the fella who owns the place before he’d gone to India, as I’d recommended him a few spots to visit. When I said no, she wistfully replied “I’ve never really been fussed about going to India, but I’d love to go just to see the Nile.”

Get. Those. Fucking. Scissors. Away. From. My. Fucking. Head.

• Upvote 3

Got my hair cut yesterday and the lass was pretty understated and that, then from nowhere she pipes up “The Royal Wedding should brighten up the year, shouldn’t it?” to which I initially presumed she was taking the piss.

On and on she proceeded to chirp about it and how she’s booked the day off work already.

Then asked me if I’d seen the fella who owns the place before he’d gone to India, as I’d recommended him a few spots to visit. When I said no, she wistfully replied “I’ve never really been fussed about going to India, but I’d love to go just to see the Nile.”

Get. Those. Fucking. Scissors. Away. From. My. Fucking. Head.

Wrong thread Ben. That's for the World of a Woman.

Just to get everyone in the mood for the next royal wedding.

Windsor council leader calls for removal of homeless before royal wedding

Simon Dudley, a Conservative, is demanding police use legal powers to clear the area of homeless people by 19 May

https://www.theguardian.com/society/2018/jan/03/windsor-council-calls-removal-homeless-people-before-royal-wedding

Ironic when the family that's going the wedding are the biggest and most aggressive beggars in the country