You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting Suarez in and Babel off the wage bill at the same time would be great!

Agreed. Babel's chopped all his Liverpool stuff off his Twitter page too. So, there might actually be legs in this one.

Aquilani scored tonight against AC Milan in the last few minutes of the game.

Miss him :'(

How the fuck can you miss someone who rarely played? Dramaqueen.

Van Bommel is a proper bastard, which our midfield is lacking. Still though, he's been around for ages and played in slower leagues, and I can't shake the feeling that he'd "do a Poulsen" (I know he's always been a better player, mind). The German league is better preparation than the Spanish and Italian, though.

Didi was never the quickest, but he could read the game, and did well for us into his 30's. Vb could do the same. The issue with poulsen is he appears to have the vision of mr magoo, he us constantly out of position and chasing shadows. Get the cunt down to specsavers.

Southampton teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has edged closer to a £10m move to Arsenal after Saints manager Nigel Adkins said they would prefer him to go to a club that would nurture him properly.

Adkins said:’” We would only let him go to a club that would nurture him and treat him properly.

"There is going to be no auction for Alex. We love him and want to make him a better player.

"If, down the line, there is a bid we will do the right thing for Alex and not just sell him to the highest bidder.

"There has been a lot of speculation about him but Alex is our player and is playing with a smile on his face.’’

Read more: Transfer news: Southampton hint an Arsenal move would be best for starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Southampton teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has edged closer to a £10m move to Arsenal after Saints manager Nigel Adkins said they would prefer him to go to a club that would nurture him properly.

Adkins said:’” We would only let him go to a club that would nurture him and treat him properly.

"There is going to be no auction for Alex. We love him and want to make him a better player.

"If, down the line, there is a bid we will do the right thing for Alex and not just sell him to the highest bidder.

"There has been a lot of speculation about him but Alex is our player and is playing with a smile on his face.’’

Read more: Transfer news: Southampton hint an Arsenal move would be best for starlet Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

How is that hinting at an Arsenal move?! It's not like Walcott has made the most out of his talent so far.

We look to be in for Romelu Lukaku as well.

From @BelgoFoot:

"Lukaku watch: In 'Het Laatste Nieuws' Van Holsbeeck says, re Liverpool, "We're aware something could move next week". Comolli is a fan."

Here is the article:

"Liverpool beraadt zich over bod op Lukaku" - Jupiler Pro League - HLN

And this was from @BelgoFoot last week:

"Lukaku watch: Belgian press (Le Soir) reports that Liverpool will make £22m offer for young striker next week."

There could be something in it, I guess.

By the way, apologies if it has already been posted on here.

We look to be in for Romelu Lukaku as well.

From @BelgoFoot:

"Lukaku watch: In 'Het Laatste Nieuws' Van Holsbeeck says, re Liverpool, "We're aware something could move next week". Comolli is a fan."

Here is the article:

"Liverpool beraadt zich over bod op Lukaku" - Jupiler Pro League - HLN

And this was from @BelgoFoot last week:

"Lukaku watch: Belgian press (Le Soir) reports that Liverpool will make £22m offer for young striker next week."

There could be something in it, I guess.

By the way, apologies if it has already been posted on here.

I would be surprised if we were in for both, especially without losing a few.

I'm no fan of baseball but the news that they spent over $200m on a couple of players for the Red Sox a few months back is heartening. Let's hope they are willing to back us in the same manner. We've seen nothing up to now to suggest they won't.

that just wages. and both the players they signed are on 7 year contracts. actually 1 didn't sign yet, they traded for him, but he's expected to sign shortly.

No, actually, it isn't... it's a fucking snide shithouse comment about a player, who is nursing a knock on his ankle, and just scored against our rivals.

Raul didn't fully commit to the challenge with Rafael last week, I think he needs to be stronger in the tackle. Thats all I am saying. Would Aquilani with his injury record of done the same thing? who knows.

Raul didn't fully commit to the challenge with Rafael last week, I think he needs to be stronger in the tackle. Thats all I am saying. Would Aquilani with his injury record of done the same thing? who knows.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise that we wanted our players to be on the receiving end of two-footed tackles. Fuck their bodies! They need to bleed for the club, right?!

Also, you haven't watched Aquilani much have you? Only Ryan Babel shits out of tackles more than he does...