You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those who have seen a bit of Taiwo, is he an accomplished defender?

Good technically?

As reliable on the left as Sagna is for Arsenal on the right?

Dunno much about his defensive qualities but he gets forward a lot, scores goals and is very powerful.

Found this video on Youtube...like all youtube compilations we have to take this with a pinch of salt. Enjoy...

[YOUTUBE]OUPWzNLzs0M[/YOUTUBE]

TonyBarretTimes: Loads of tweets about Suarez. All I know is Liverpool have had him watched - a lot.

When?

He was in Uruguay for the last 2 weeks and recently started training with Ajax in Turkey. He was suspended for a lot of games before taking a break too. When did we had him watched? Before NESV took over?

To be fair I can argue or disagree with anything you said, my argument is that with a lack of money, and also a lack of time, maybe this is something we will have to do! I don't rate Davies myself, but I think we do need someone, maybe Corluka might be an option, or Upson, I don't know.

In a way I am just throwing names out there, I don't think Tuncay is that bizzare if the worst case scenario is applied, but would love Suarez. I would accept Davies if it meant Suarez, I would accept N'Zogbia or Kranjkar if it meant Diarra, I would accept Tuncay if it meant Elia. Nobody knows what the situation is, just that we have to bring some players in.

As it stands I have absolutely no idea what the situation is, and accounting for the previous owners, I am applying the worst case scenario, which means we need to accept the shittest solution to the problem. The one thing we cannot do, or even contemplate is doing nothing.

I understand where you're coming from and I understand why you would expect worse case scenario - after the way we were burnt with H&G it will take a long time before I can trust FSG. However I think we need to stick to the simple principle, is the player better than what we have.

My biggest fear is FSG think it's just not that important. I don't want to see us just add shite which won't improve us, then hold us back when we want to offload. I just hope and pray FSG understand how precarious a position we are in now. We are staring down the barrel of relegation and they might be right, inaction and we may survive. And while spending money guarantees nothing, i would think if they invested in our 4 weakest positions, surely that would have to give us enough imputus tto pull away from our current situation.

When?

He was in Uruguay for the last 2 weeks and recently started training with Ajax in Turkey. He was suspended for a lot of games before taking a break too. When did we had him watched? Before NESV took over?

He's played loads of times since FSG have been here Den Haag, AZ, PSV, Real Madrid, AC Milan, Auxerre etc and plenty more.

TonyBarretTimes: Loads of tweets about Suarez. All I know is Liverpool have had him watched - a lot.

I'm wondering, all the occasions that LFC have watched Ajax games, was it just to watch Suarez or also his team mate and compatriot Nicolás Lodeiro - 21 yr old left sided midfielder who is highly rated?

nowhere near the level of Sagna. he's like a black nonginger version of Riise. lots or running, lots of industry, but lacking technically.

never been that impressed with him tbh - though have only really seen him on intl duty - certainly not worth signing to IMPROVE the squad

don't think we will get Saurez - but he could be a good signing

I wouldn't want to buy these players! But beggers can't be choosers!

Ideally I would look to loans, and this is only what I would suggest we do if they don't want to spend money. In normal circumstances I wouldn't touch Davies with a bargepole, but he would at least offer the same as the greek but with pace, Tuncay would be better than N'Gog.

As I said, as it stands, if they are going to invest then great we can to look at better players, but at the moment that doesn't look to be the case but we desperately need two or three players in.

We are not beggers!

A gimp would be an upgrade.

Johnson has been as bad infact worse than Konchesky this season. I'd go as far to say Johnson has been the worst first choice rightback at our club in 35 years.

Arbeloa, Finnan, Babbel, McAteer,Jones, Nicol, Phil Neal, Johnson isn't fit to lace any of there boots, he can get forward that's it nothing else, £18m you couldn't make it up!!!!

I'd take Warnock on loan as the bbc's gossip column mentions.

Then look for a longer term solution between now and the summer. I hope we have at last seen sense in not signing average players like Taiwo just because they are running their contracts down and we think we're getting them on the cheap. It's the football equivalent of blowing a months wages on shite you'll never wear/need in the sales just because the prices are a bit lower.

Johnson has been as bad infact worse than Konchesky this season. I'd go as far to say Johnson has been the worst first choice rightback at our club in 35 years.

Arbeloa, Finnan, Babbel, McAteer,Jones, Nicol, Phil Neal, Johnson isn't fit to lace any of there boots, he can get forward that's it nothing else, £18m you couldn't make it up!!!!

I agree with these sentiments. There were games last year which we could have drawn/won if it weren't for his mistakes. We might have finished in the top four even. :(