You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Shrek effectively hands in transfer request

TheDrowningMan

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TesticleOReilly
Thats a ridiculous statement to make.

Why? He's almost at retirement age, he's directly responsible for the situation the club finds itself in now regarding their ownership, he has no funds to rebuild his team, loses his most important player year after year ...

Just because they've been winning for 20 years doesn't mean they'll continue to do so. You're a Liverpool fan, you should know that more than most.

I think we are on a slow crawl down at the moment. However, I dont think that we will start dropping out of the top four. A few trophyless seasons maybe.

Not sure what happens when the gaffer retires though, im dreading it infact.

Eh? This is TLW not TMW.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I think we are on a slow crawl down at the moment. However, I dont think that we will start dropping out of the top four. A few trophyless seasons maybe.

Not sure what happens when the gaffer retires though, im dreading it infact.

Since the start of the Premier League, the richest clubs have always won it. League position is (generally) dictated by squad cost, wages, turnover ... Chelsea and City are ahead of you, now, and it's gonna take a big effort to get back up there. Not easy when you've got debts of almost a billion quid that need servicing.

Guest TesticleOReilly
I agree TOR. The one thing i think we have over the other clubs you mentinoed is a better manager, but if you dont keep the squad up to date with some top quality players then you will fall behind eventually.

As an aside, I also think he's taking the piss out of you all, with his "everything is ok" bollocks, and "I don't need to spend", "there's money there if I want it" and all the other crap. It's contemptuous towards the fans that idolise him, the same fans that have access to a lot more information these days, and at an almost instantaneous rate. He's playing on his past honours to give himself a smooth ride in his last year or so at the helm, and when he's gone he's going to leave you in a world of shite, but that'll be blamed on the owners and the subsequent managers after him, of course.

As an aside, I also think he's taking the piss out of you all, with his "everything is ok" bollocks, and "I don't need to spend", "there's money there if I want it" and all the other crap. It's contemptuous towards the fans that idolise him, the same fans that have access to a lot more information these days, and at an almost instantaneous rate. He's playing on his past honours to give himself a smooth ride in his last year or so at the helm, and when he's gone he's going to leave you in a world of shite, but that'll be blamed on the owners and the subsequent managers after him, of course.

Yeah, it annoys me aswell.. The "value for money" one is the best. Apparently there are no players that are worth the money nowadays. Cant really complain though, we've had lots of joy over the years.

Him and gill seem to love the glazers which annoys me the most. They wont say a bad word about them at all. Its clear we are fucked financially.

Guest TesticleOReilly
Yeah, it annoys me aswell.. The "value for money" one is the best. Apparently there are no players that are worth the money nowadays. Cant really complain though, we've had lots of joy over the years.

Him and gill seem to love the glazers which annoys me the most. They wont say a bad word about them at all. Its clear we are fucked financially.

I don't think they love the Glazers at all, but would much rather make their job security a priority, rather than their dignity.

Welcome TedUni. Good luck in getting rid of the Glazer's. I echo Brownie's comment - bad news loading all that debt on to a club.

My view is that you have been 'getting away with it' becasue Fergusen has had a purple patch at the end of his career and won more titles. That, couple with a huge ground, has meant that it has all looked rosy in the garden.

However, a mountain of debt lurks beneath. Your next managerial appointment is crucial. Get that right and stay at the top table. Slip back a notch, and the debt will consume and paralyze the club.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

Guest PurpleNose
Welcome TedUni. Good luck in getting rid of the Glazer's. I echo Brownie's comment - bad news loading all that debt on to a club.

My view is that you have been 'getting away with it' becasue Fergusen has had a purple patch at the end of his career and won more titles. That, couple with a huge ground, has meant that it has all looked rosy in the garden.

However, a mountain of debt lurks beneath. Your next managerial appointment is crucial. Get that right and stay at the top table. Slip back a notch, and the debt will consume and paralyze the club.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

They made a loss the season they won the double. They may delay the inevitable by being successful, but they're probably better off being shit on the pitch for a bit, its draws more attention to the problems off it.