You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely the point about Josemi is that he was 2.5 million, and accompanied Alonso, Garcia and (eventually) Morientes.

He was also 22 at the time, so there was the possibility of improvement. Konchesky is 29, and he is as good as he is going to get, and he has been accompanied by Raul and Paulson.

In my opinion it was the wrong decision to employ him so I see no reason to carry on the circus once the knew owners come in.

Also with Josemi he was medium/highly rated in Spain and we had a realistic chance of making our money back, given that there is adifference between Enlgish and Spanish league footy, which in fact we did. There is no chance of getting the fee back for Konchesky, we've probably given him his best 4 year contract ever which will take him near retirement and which he will himself not want to give up easily.

Roys a nice guy, I like to support the LFC manager when it's not going well, I even donate to my local owl sanctuary but I'm beginning to feel I want to punch his face in with a ceramic bowl cellotaped over each hand.

What's wrong with Meireles?

I'll tell you what's wrong with Mereiles, he's not a right mid.

He is a player we have no room for, he is essentially an attacking centre mid like Gerrard, Spearing, Aqualani, Cole, Pacheco or possibly and up and down centre mid like Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, what he is not is a defensive mid like Poulsen or a converted Lucas which is possibly what we needed, as well as a striker or right mid. Hence he is playing right mid and for 11 million a player we completely don't need, certainly not as much as we needed two wide men and a striker. I mean there was still time to get any of those three options but that time was used signing Brad Jones and ironing out the fine details of Konchesky's 4 year bumper deal and the important business of being snubbed by a fullback named Young.

He is a square peg and we have a suad full of round holes and goalkeepers who will never play and thank god for that but that's what's wrong with him.

We may as a well of signed Casillas and played him at right mid, then you could come on here with moronic 'whats wrong with Casilla's' questions. Nothing, nothing and everything is wrong with Merieles, hope this answers your query, we value your feedback.

Nothing, looks a very good player. The point was that Josemi was part of a reasonable investment, Konchesky isn't and you would be hard pressed to argue that he is.

Shite on the right wing though!

I think we've got our wires crossed, I thought you were saying Meireles was a bad player when you said "Konchesky, Raul and Poulsen"

Not to worry. I agree as well, he's being treated like a cunt by Roy.

I'll tell you what's wrong with Mereiles, he's not a right mid.

He is a player we have no room for, he is essentially an attacking centre mid like Gerrard, Spearing, Aqualani, Cole, Pacheco or possibly and up and down centre mid like Gerrard, Lucas, Spearing, what he is not is a defensive mid like Poulsen or a converted Lucas which is possibly what we needed, as well as a striker or right mid. Hence he is playing right mid and for 11 million a player we completely don't need, certainly not as much as we needed two wide men and a striker. I mean there was still time to get any of those three options but that time was used signing Brad Jones and ironing out the fine details of Konchesky's 4 year bumper deal and the important business of being snubbed by a fullback named Young.

He is a square peg and we have a suad full of round holes and goalkeepers who will never play and thank god for that but that's what's wrong with him.

We may as a well of signed Casillas and played him at right mid, then you could come on here with moronic 'whats wrong with Casilla's' questions. Nothing, nothing and everything is wrong with Merieles, hope this answers your query, we value your feedback.

I think youre babbling to yourself again mate.

Josemi is now plying his trade for Iraklis Thessaloniki F.C.

Also, he was nearer 25 when we signed him.

dvd254wa3.png

Mighta been, previous page quoted 22, with potential.

Good link there, how about Carlinho - the token Brazilian of the squad. You know if you are a Brazilian def mid who has to go abroad to get time you are well, and truly shit. Not to mention the name, which is, well...

We didn't sign Carlton Cole though did we. Remember when GH signed Rigobert Song, he signed him basically until someone better came along who could do a job for him in the interim. That someone better turned out to be Babbel.

Rafa signed Josemi someone he knew from La Liga, waited for someone better, which turned out to be ermmm, Kromkamp. Nothing against Rafa for that deal Kromkamp was better than Josemi but sometimes when managers come in they just stick to what they know. He took Nunez as part of the Owen deal as well remember even though he clearly wasn't good enough to just give us an extra body in the squad at the time as we were weak on the right side. He shipped Nunez out a year later.

We desperately needed a left back, everyone knew that. Roy stuck to somebody he knew over the past two years. Lets say for arguments sake if Roy is still here in two years and he is still playing the likes of Poulsen and if you like Konchesky you could point the finger at him then but it is a bit premature to do it at this moment in time.

You make my point for me... 'He stuck with what he knows...' which isn't good enough... And there's way in trying to resell either Poulson or Konchesky they will fetch what we paid (dare I say we overpaid for inferior players).

I know its happened in the past and I've been just as pissed then as I am now. I've nothing against Roy, I just don't think he's a big club manager...

Plus, if you believe all the reports, all the players we supposedly offered for turned us down. How far has LFC fallen that Carlton Cole feels he's too good for Liverpool.....

You make my point for me... 'He stuck with what he knows...' which isn't good enough... And there's way in trying to resell either Poulson or Konchesky they will fetch what we paid (dare I say we overpaid for inferior players).

I know its happened in the past and I've been just as pissed then as I am now. I've nothing against Roy, I just don't think he's a big club manager...

Plus, if you believe all the reports, all the players we supposedly offered for turned us down. How far has LFC fallen that Carlton Cole feels he's too good for Liverpool.....

The last line of your post is a bit of an untruth isn't it. CC didn't turn us down at all. It didn't get that far and he wouldn't have turned us down even if things had got that far.

Roy was obviously desperate for a striker and I feel reassured in a way that if he didn't think CC could really improve us he did't panic buy and sign him (or anyone else for that matter) who he didn't really want. If he is prepared to wait for somebody who he does think will improve us then I am all for that. Whether he is here long enough to do that, only time and results will tell.

The last line of your post is a bit of an untruth isn't it. CC didn't turn us down at all. It didn't get that far and he wouldn't have turned us down even if things had got that far.

Roy was obviously desperate for a striker and I feel reassured in a way that if he didn't think CC could really improve us he did't panic buy and sign him (or anyone else for that matter) who he didn't really want. If he is prepared to wait for somebody who he does think will improve us then I am all for that. Whether he is here long enough to do that, only time and results will tell.

I'd personally be more re-assured if he didn't spend all his time trying to cut deals for players he didn't think could improve us. I've long been a proponent of pursuing players you think will improve you.