You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Kenny Huang linked to Liverpool takeover

Wor Horse

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're fucking mad and delusional.

Haha the last line is great, you say I haven't gotten over it, yet you're the one who brought it up with your snide little dig at 'He's gone get over it'.

I didn't bring Benitez up. You did. I mentioned Hodgson, you know, the manager of the club.

I'm done with you anyway, your support of Benitez will never cease even after him leading us to a 7th place finish and nearly losing us our best players so there's no point.

This is a takeover thread, if you want to talk about Benitez, create a new thread, certainly don't bring him into a conversation when the person hasn't even mentioned him.

Tony Barrett, Tony Evans

Updated 26 minutes ago

Roy Hodgson will keep his job as Liverpool manager and be handed £150 million to spend on new players if the Chinese Government’s bid to buy the club proves successful.

As revealed in The Times today, Kenny Huang, the Hong Kong-based businessman, is fronting the bid by China Investment Corporation (CIC), the overseas investment arm of the Chinese Government. A formal offer has still to be lodged, but although there is interest from other parties, Huang — backed by the wealth of one of the fastest-growing economies in the world — is believed to be the front-runner to complete a purchase.

CIC is prepared to back Hodgson by bankrolling a number of high-profile signings and has made a commitment to build a new stadium.

Liverpool are also attracting interest from the Rhône Group, the New York-based fund management firm, and the al-Kharafi family from Kuwait. Yahya Kirdi, a Canadian-based businessman from Syria, claimed yesterday that he is close to finalising a deal, but it is understood that he is negotiating only with George Gillett Jr, the club’s co-owner, and has not been involved with RBS, which holds Liverpool’s £237 million debt, or Barclays Capital, the investment bank overseeing the sale.

After his appointment as the successor to Rafael Benítez in July, Hodgson said that the possibility of a takeover had been a factor in discussions before he signed a three-year contract and revealed that clauses had been inserted in the deal affording him financial protection in the event of new owners deciding to replace him as manager.

The Chinese, though, have no desire to dispose of the 62-year-old, who insists that the situation has not prevented him from going about his job in the right manner.

“I knew when I came to the club that a takeover may or may not come about, that it may come about quickly or it may take a lot of time,” Hodgson said. “But I was given assurances that I would be allowed to do the job in the right way and that’s certainly been the case since I’ve been here.”

Asked would it be easier for the club to plan ahead under new owners, he said: “That’s for sure. But I don’t want to go down the ownership route because I don’t know enough about it, apart from knowing that, at the moment, unfortunately the owners we have are very unpopular with the fans. They know it and that is why they are prepared to sell the club.”

Hodgson takes charge of Liverpool at Anfield for the first time tonight when his team take a 2-0 lead into the second leg of the Europa League third qualifying round tie with Rabotnicki, of the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia. The manager is not willing to allow either himself or his players to hide behind the uncertainty surrounding the club, and insists that they must be masters of their own fortune.

Fernando Torres, who pledged his commitment to Liverpool yesterday, had recently called on the club to match his ambition by signing “four or five” top-class players, but Hodgson says that it is the responsibility of those already at the club to shape the future.

:D

I suppose Hicks & Gillett would've been good owners if we would've won the league in 2009 then.

Where have I said that? People complain that we have no money and then if we might have money that mightnt be right either.

It may be immoral if we get taken over but thats the way football has gone. Its probobly the only way we can guaruntee being succesful in the next few years. I'd give my right arm to see win the league.

The Times: "Hodgson will keep his job and be handed £150 million for players if Chinese Government bid to buy #LFC proves successfu

Hopefully the takeover goes through, hopefully we don't net spend £150 million this summer, that's fucking outrageous and isn't what LFC is about. £50 million would seem fair to make up for the profits we've had to turn in the market the last couple of summers. I hope we don't go down the sugar daddy rentboy route.

That is a joke right

What about LFCs rights Its not our fight

I just hope there first action is to give us a real football manager

Where have I said that? People complain that we have no money and then if we might have money that mightnt be right either.

It may be immoral if we get taken over but thats the way football has gone. Its probobly the only way we can guaruntee being succesful in the next few years. I'd give my right arm to see win the league.

Yeah who cares if they're an oppressive government with a history of mistreating their own people. We could win a trophy!

Hopefully the takeover goes through, hopefully we don't net spend £150 million this summer, that's fucking outrageous and isn't what LFC is about. £50 million would seem fair to make up for the profits we've had to turn in the market the last couple of summers. I hope we don't go down the sugar daddy rentboy route.

Yeah. Hopefully we don't spend money.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQa-CHei0m__SkwKom17ahJBP5DeQNJgWqBZeLQ644W-okHtb0&t=1&usg=__tl8RxnX_vyj1zYMljcrlfOOFj78=

Yeah who cares if they're an oppressive government with a history of mistreating their own people. We could win a trophy!

As long as they are good owners and dont bleed the club dry I dont give a shit and if we had taken thaksins money we wouldnt be in this fucking mess

That is a joke right

What about LFCs rights Its not our fight

I just hope there first action is to give us a real football manager

Are you bipolar mate? Your swerve from one view to the other is rather frightening sometimes....

Is it me or is everything Tony Evans is doing or saying in recent months appear to be agenda driven? That was like an advert for the huang party.
No

Just watching Sunday's Sherlock and the Chinese are up to all sorts of sneaky shit in this. Can't trust them.
"Lucky cat, ten pound"

As long as they are good owners and dont bleed the club dry I dont give a shit and if we had taken thaksins money we wouldnt be in this fucking mess

Just... absolute ignorance on an astounding scale. You should be ashamed of yourself, but I know you won't be.

I didn't bring Benitez up. You did. I mentioned Hodgson, you know, the manager of the club.

I'm done with you anyway, your support of Benitez will never cease even after him leading us to a 7th place finish and nearly losing us our best players so there's no point.

This is a takeover thread, if you want to talk about Benitez, create a new thread, certainly don't bring him into a conversation when the person hasn't even mentioned him.

Come off, your comment had nothing to do with any proposed takeovers, and you made a snide comment that pretty much brought him up, even though you didn't mention his name, you certainly were implying it.

Why bring up the 7th place etc.? I certainly didn't go into that, now who's guilty?

This is a takeover thread, if you want to talk about Roy Hodgson create a new thread, don't bring him into a conversation when it has nothing to do with what people are currently discussing, and your comment may court controversy and provoke a response such as this.

You're basically saying you don't give a shit who owns us if we win the league, so if we beat Stoke & Arsenal at home, you wouldn't question H&G?

Apologies if I misunderstood what you were saying but that's what it came across as to me.

Guest davelfc

Huang set to give Hodgson £150m vote of confidence

Tony Barrett, Tony Evans

Updated 21 minutes ago

Roy Hodgson will keep his job as Liverpool manager and be handed £150 million to spend on new players if the Chinese Government’s bid to buy the club proves successful.

As revealed in The Times today, Kenny Huang, the Hong Kong-based businessman, is fronting the bid by China Investment Corporation (CIC), the overseas investment arm of the Chinese Government. A formal offer has still to be lodged, but although there is interest from other parties, Huang — backed by the wealth of one of the fastest-growing economies in the world — is believed to be the front-runner to complete a purchase.

CIC is prepared to back Hodgson by bankrolling a number of high-profile signings and has made a commitment to build a new stadium.

Liverpool are also attracting interest from the Rhône Group, the New York-based fund management firm, and the al-Kharafi family from Kuwait. Yahya Kirdi, a Canadian-based businessman from Syria, claimed yesterday that he is close to finalising a deal, but it is understood that he is negotiating only with George Gillett Jr, the club’s co-owner, and has not been involved with RBS, which holds Liverpool’s £237 million debt, or Barclays Capital, the investment bank overseeing the sale.

http://www.thetimes.....cle2674311.ece