You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Andy Murray

liverpoolsno9

Well don't watch it then. Personally it makes a very welcome change from the typical horendi daytime Jeremy Kyle television shite that we get the rest of the year.

you dont have to watch it ,if he progresses, his fuckin face will be plastered over every newspaper, on tv news, Sky Sports will be telling us how many shits he`s had in a live broadcast from 'Henman Hill'. Gets right on my left tit, it does.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I don't see the obsession with male tennis or why so many people give a fuck about wimbledon but don't give a shit the rest of the year.

Not me, mate. I'm in all year 'round.

I don't see the obsession with male tennis or why so many people give a fuck about wimbledon but don't give a shit the rest of the year.

Now some of the wee blonde eastern europeans...

Not saying this is the primary reason, but Wimbledon is one of the few tournaments that is not on Sky Sports. I'd watch it all year round, but I don't have or want Sky Sports.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not saying this is the primary reason, but Wimbledon is one of the few tournaments that is not on Sky Sports. I'd watch it all year round, but I don't have or want Sky Sports.

Plenty of streams around, mate. ESPN and such like.

Wimbledon is the only tennis tournament I watch and the only one I find myself being interested in. Partly because it's one of the few that is on free TV but partly because it's just 'ours'.

It is a bit like the World Cup when people come out of the woodwork, but so what? I've watched in every year since I was about 6 or 7, it's a bit of a tradition.

I hate a lot of the elitism and etiquette crap that goes with Wimbledon, but at the same time I love the overall feel and atmosphere of the fortnight. I don't know, it's just a bit different.

Plenty of streams around, mate. ESPN and such like.

I know, mate. I do keep up with the goings on, and watch I can, but obviously it's tough to watch it at times due to the time difference etc.

I just meant it's probably a factor to why there's generally more interest surrounding Wimbledon than any other Grand Slam. Well that and the fact that it's held here.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I know, mate. I do keep up with the goings on, and watch I can, but obviously it's tough to watch it at times due to the time difference, etc..

A large portion of the season is played in the States, mate.

Tennis is fucking ace. I love it. It's up there with the sport that shall not be named.

Tennis is fucking ace. I love it. It's up there with the sport that shall not be named.

I like it as well. Not quite as much as f**ty or snooker, but it's only behind those two.

I agree. Tennis is a brilliant sport, add that to the quaffing of Robinsons, and you're on a winner.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How could you tell?

I do really like Murray though, I think he's a great player.

I think he's got all the talent to be world number one and multiple slam winner. He needs to believe he's able to win against Federer in finals, though.

He needs to step up mentally. He needs to use the attacking talent that he does posses and he needs to use it more often.

How's Napoleon Dynamite getting on?

Cruising.

He was a break down in the first set, but pulled it back with two breaks of his own to win 7-5, and breezed through the second set 6-1.