You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Time for Rafa to speak out publicly and unambiguously rather than simply dropping hints through his usual friends in the media. Speak to the fans. Get us back on side. Coime out and tell us how he feels betrayed, how the squad needs investment, how promises have been broken. The club cannot afford to sack him so he has nothing to lose. And even if they sacked him for misconduct he would win any tribunal.

Failure to speak out would be unforgiveable now. And he'd get a lot more respect if he actually speaks in public and addresses the fan base, and shows that he shares our frustrations and anger about the club's demise.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He won't be sacked while the club is up for sale. They won't pay him off with their money. They'll sell the club and then he is somebody else's problem.

You mean the payoff that went out the window,after he and his agent admitted talking to Juve in January.

He might get binned if/when we get sold.

would be happier if that was the case but it meant that Rafa was binned off

Rafa + no money = fucking shit

benitez shouldnt be given ANY transfer funds, even if Gerrard, Torres and Mascherano etc do leave.

Hopefully, the news he wont get a penny to spend will speed up this european 'tactical genius's' decision to fuck off.

I dread to think how we will play next season with this buffoon in charge.

We was paid in full 27m, i believe theres was add-ons (3m) if RM win silverware in two years, which so far they have won nothing. so there nothing coming from RM this year.

that many stories went around about Alonso deal last summer its hard to know what went on, who can forget Rafas alleged meeting with Valdano were he said "remind me who's team bet who 5 nil" as Valdano was apparetnly offering a choice of VDV Huiggain Snijder Robben Negredo and any of the other players they were looking to get rid of to raise money in return for Alonso and Bob.

But the reality is the fee was €30m and we did not get the full fee up front, Real after the Ronaldo deal which was the only one they paid up front as that was agreed by the mancs paid for Benzema Kaka Alonso and all the other signings the same way every other team do, over the course of 3/4 years. It was a fuck up of mighty proportions as any 2 of the players on offer would have made a massive improvement for us this season.

Time for Rafa to speak out publicly and unambiguously rather than simply dropping hints through his usual friends in the media. Speak to the fans. Get us back on side. Coime out and tell us how he feels betrayed, how the squad needs investment, how promises have been broken. The club cannot afford to sack him so he has nothing to lose. And even if they sacked him for misconduct he would win any tribunal.

Failure to speak out would be unforgiveable now. And he'd get a lot more respect if he actually speaks in public and addresses the fan base, and shows that he shares our frustrations and anger about the club's demise.

What would that achieve though mate.

You only have to read many of the posts on here to see that Rafa is the devil incarnate and if he spoke out the reply would only be 'he is moaning about money again'.

that many stories went around about Alonso deal last summer its hard to know what went on, who can forget Rafas alleged meeting with Valdano were he said "remind me who's team bet who 5 nil" as Valdano was apparetnly offering a choice of VDV Huiggain Snijder Robben Negredo and any of the other players they were looking to get rid of to raise money in return for Alonso and Bob.

But the reality is the fee was €30m and we did not get the full fee up front, Real after the Ronaldo deal which was the only one they paid up front as that was agreed by the mancs paid for Benzema Kaka Alonso and all the other signings the same way every other team do, over the course of 3/4 years. It was a fuck up of mighty proportions as any 2 of the players on offer would have made a massive improvement for us this season.

But then we wouldn't have had the money to sign the player who was rarely fit and when fit was rarely selected. There was a lot of madness in Rafa's method.

We'll have to agree to disagree, agreed the deal was done in Euros.

We did get the full 27m(€) upfront, this is why the deal took so long, because Rafa was holding out until whole amount that was agreed to be paid in full, Rafa was said to have Silva lined-up, with Valencia being skint, they want the the whole amount, hence why we needed it paid in full, only to the rug pulled under his feet, because of this Rafa storming out of Melwood, after a bust up with Purslow about the transfer money.(Alonso cash vanishing)

Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is ready to intensify his interest in Valencia's David Silva, his negotiating position enhanced by the Spanish club's diminishing prospects of selling their other prime asset, David Villa.

Valencia, a club in severe financial crisis, may be forced to reduce their initial £25m demand for Silva, which put Benitez off in May and the manager will be able to offer the entire amount up front if Real Madrid adhere to his own demands that Real Madrid's £30m-plus outlay on Xabi Alonso comes in one up-front payment

Liverpool manager Benitez set to raid Valencia for Silva - Premier League, Football - Belfasttelegraph.co.uk

The rumours spread around Anfield like wildfire. Rafa Benitez had stormed out of Melwood, Liverpool's training base, after an argument over transfer funds with Christian Purslow, Liverpool's managing director.

Liverpool's debt problems compound Rafa Benitez's plans for the season - Telegraph

Edited by birkenhead

I can see our summer going something like this:

Sell Riera plus Yossi and buy one winger for around £10-12M. That would leave Maxi, Babel, Kuyt, Jovanovic, New Winger.

Degen, Skrtel sold and a left back bought for around £8M. That would leave Insua, New Left Back. Then Kelly promoted to Glen Johnson's cover and Danny Wilson or Ayala competing with Carra, Agger, Greek.

Cavalieri sold and Gulasci promoted as Reina's cover

No changes in midfield. Masch, Lucas, Gerrard, Aquilani, Shelvey.

If we can get £10M together buy competition for Torres. Somebody like Carlton Cole. Promote Pacheco and that would leave us with Torres, N'Gog, Pacheco, New Striker, (Kuyt, Jovanovic).

That will be our squad. Pretty much buying to sell.

Sell Riera plus Yossi and buy one winger for around £10-12M. That would leave Maxi, Babel, Kuyt, Jovanovic, New Winger.

Degen, Skrtel sold and a left back bought for around £8M. That would leave Insua, New Left Back. Then Kelly promoted to Glen Johnson's cover and Danny Wilson or Ayala competing with Carra, Agger, Greek.

If we can get £10M together buy competition for Torres. Somebody like Carlton Cole. Promote Pacheco and that would leave us with Torres, N'Gog, Pacheco, New Striker, (Kuyt, Jovanovic).

The problem being though mate is Rafa is not been told he can have the transfer money so any cash raised will be going to RBS.

I think Jovanovic is a striker

Frankly I don't give a hoot whether you agree with me or not. In fact my spidey sense tells me that if you disagree, I'm probably right. What I do give a hoot about, and the reason I told you about my context is because you were the one making assumptions about people, which you really shouldn't be doing. There's a lot of smart people on this board. Attempting to patronise them makes you look the tit, not them.

Who is patronizing now? Your spidey sense is more like snidey sense, post after post, attempting to be smart, yet failing miserably over and over again. You bring up your particular context in a pathetic effort to divert the focus from the real issue discussed. It brought nothing to the discussion, but it possibly made you feel good about yourself. Well, congratulations. And at the same time you know nothing of me or my circumstances, but assume the role of the judge as if you ruled these boards. Well, there you're wrong, only Code can claim that...

Have it your way, which is a miserable way btw, and not one I wish to have anything to do with. And I am happy not to be dealing with people like you outside these boards, attitude like yours would not last long in my world.

Iis it also unforgiveable for Carra and Gerrard to not come out and have a go at the owners?

Or just Rafa?

Well, they're not in charge of transfer budgets, are they? I'm also sure that if Rafa were to come out publicly then some more players would feel emboldened too.

Which isn't to excuse their silence - although I think Stevie will have a few things to say if (more likely when) he moves on after the World Cup.

What would that achieve though mate.

You only have to read many of the posts on here to see that Rafa is the devil incarnate and if he spoke out the reply would only be 'he is moaning about money again'.

Possibly, coop, although the problem is that Rafa only started moaning about money once the season had begun and results had gone against him. He spent much of last summer with public pronouncements such as 'we don't need another striker' and how he was happy with the squad. That's why i am saying he should come out NOW during the summer, unambiguously. It would, in my view, do a lot to restore his damaged credibility.

Possibly, coop, although the problem is that Rafa only started moaning about money once the season had begun and results had gone against him. He spent much of last summer with public pronouncements such as 'we don't need another striker' and how he was happy with the squad. That's why i am saying he should come out NOW during the summer, unambiguously. It would, in my view, do a lot to restore his damaged credibility.

Correct, if he's been fucked over and knows Hicks is lying he needs to speak now, not in October when our seasdon is over like last year.

Guest PurpleNose

Repped for your find.

Pernia still any good?

Him, Tamudo and Lupatelli (if we do sell Cavalieri, and don't make Gulasci number two) would be decent signings.

As well as being a reasonable keeper he also has ridiculous facial hair, which is a bonus.

12210670471200989821lupatelli.jpg

Apologies if posted, Mr David Maddock confirming we are skint.

Liverpool transfer news: Rafa Benitez is furious after being told there is no money to spend this summer - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Rafa Benitez has revealed his anger and frustration after being told by his Anfield board there will be no money to spend in the summer.

Privately, the Liverpool boss is fuming after a secret meeting last week with MD Christian Purslow, where the Spaniard failed to get assurances he would be given the backing to rebuild his struggling squad.

American owner Tom Hicks had indicated earlier in the week that there would be money to spend in the transfer window, insisting that "there will be significant investment this summer."

Yet Benitez has told the people closest to him that the meeting was 'unproductive', and he expressed his extreme dissatisfaction at the board's lack of backing for his plans to radically overhaul his squad.

The Anfield manager wants money to invest in new players, and he is also looking for assurances that any money he raises through sales will be ploughed straight back into the playing squad.

Benitez is ready to offload several first team squad players like Yossi Benayoun, Ryan Babel and Albert Riera to raise funds, and he also has a plan in place should he lose any top stars like Fernando Torres, Steven Gerrard or Javier Mascherano.

Privately, he has indicated he feels Torres may leave this summer, and he knows there is also a real chance that Gerrard too will depart, should the managerial position at the club remain unchanged.

If that happens, then Benitez wants the backing to bring in several top line players, but he got no such assurances last week, and his widely revealed anger suggests his future on Merseyside remains in doubt.

Sources close to Benitez made no secret of the manager's frustration after the talks last week, and there is little doubt the Spaniard will not be happy at what he sees as being forced to operate with his hands tied behind his back.