You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Pistonbroke

Personally think that the powers who be are forcing him to leave. If he does i bet you money for a new manager will be made available.

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally think that the powers who be are forcing him to leave. If he does i bet you money for a new manager will be made available.

Sorry but stuff like this is hilarious and massively naive. Look at our accounts!

We are financially fucked. This manager has had no money in the last 18 months and thats with Champions League football, meanwhile the debts get worse and now we have no Champions League football. Have they been holding money back from him for 18 months? No, it's because we havent got a penny.

And if we had Rafa wouldnt have a job anymore. There will be no money for Rafa or a new manager you dont need to be a finance wizard to see that. We're skint.

Guest The Chimp
Sorry but stuff like this is hilarious and massively naive. Look at our accounts!

We are financially fucked. This manager has had no money in the last 18 months and thats with Champions League football, meanwhile the debts get worse and now we have no Champions League football. Have they been holding money back from him for 18 months? No, it's because we havent got a penny.

And if we had Rafa wouldnt have a job anymore. There will be no money for Rafa or a new manager you dont need to be a finance wizard to see that. We're skint.

Unfortunately, I think you've given an accurate summation there. We're skint. Totally.

I don't know what makes you think that. I just can't see the logic in it. In many ways, if Rafa stays, it could suit him personally to have no transfer kitty. Do you think it suits the owners for Rafa to leave?

Who is patronizing now? Your spidey sense is more like snidey sense, post after post, attempting to be smart, yet failing miserably over and over again. You bring up your particular context in a pathetic effort to divert the focus from the real issue discussed. It brought nothing to the discussion, but it possibly made you feel good about yourself. Well, congratulations. And at the same time you know nothing of me or my circumstances, but assume the role of the judge as if you ruled these boards. Well, there you're wrong, only Code can claim that...

Have it your way, which is a miserable way btw, and not one I wish to have anything to do with. And I am happy not to be dealing with people like you outside these boards, attitude like yours would not last long in my world.

Yawn.

Guest Pistonbroke
I don't know what makes you think that. I just can't see the logic in it. In many ways, if Rafa stays, it could suit him personally to have no transfer kitty. Do you think it suits the owners for Rafa to leave?

I know exactly what you are on about. But it still doesn't mean that the powers to be are trying to get him to jump ship.

Guest Pistonbroke

How is it naive ? Do you know exactly what is going on behind the scenes and what investment could have been talked about or set up for different scenarios ?

How often do you here family, friends or neighbours saying they are skint then off they toddle on holiday or buy a new TV etc etc.

Things change you know. Plus in the big business World where millions are involved they can change over night.

Guest TesticleOReilly
If Torres does leave there will be some though, surely?

Why? Why, if you're Hicks and Gillette, do you hand over £30M, say, to invest in a business you're selling, when you can simply pocket the cash yourself, knowing that the investment problem is an issue for the new owners?

If Torres does leave there will be some though, surely?

When Rafa is alleged to be asking only for what he brings in, isn't this Torres Nightmare Scenario the sticking point?

Rather than the relative buttons from Riera and co.

I think you're right there. Then you can add to that the possibility of Gerrard going, as well, and suddenly it's 100m that Benitez is asking to spend.

Guest Pistonbroke
Why? Why, if you're Hicks and Gillette, do you hand over £30M, say, to invest in a business you're selling, when you can simply pocket the cash yourself, knowing that the investment problem is an issue for the new owners?

Works both ways when you are looking to offload a business. If they did that then their business would depreciate and any offers coming in would represent that. Even though they are wanting out if they have any business acronym whatsoever then they would want to make sure that it doesn't depreciate any further.

But with those two fucking jokers, you never know.

How is it naive ?

The current manager hasnt had any money in 18months other than what he's sold. Our financial situation is getting worse see the latest accounts released. We've always had CL football under Rafa now we havent which is more money lost.

So yes, I think suddenly expecting money to be blanked from thin air is astonishingly naive. We havent got it, wake up.

I understand the cynicism towards the owners, but don't the bank have a say? If Liverpool are in the business of providing quality entertaining football, is taking the tools away to do precisely that the right way to get your money back in the future?

Even if it were 60m in, 20m on a good striker and 20m on a quality winger and 20m 'pocketed' that wouldn't be so irredeemably awful. It would then centre on whether you trusted this manager, in his current mindset, to buy those two quality players that might (if Fernando continues to be so injury prone after summer tournaments) improve the team?

Works both ways when you are looking to offload a business. If they did that then their business would depreciate and any offers coming in would represent that. Even though they are wanting out if they have any business acronym whatsoever then they would want to make sure that it doesn't depreciate any further.

But with those two fucking jokers, you never know.

made me laugh

The current manager hasnt had any money in 18months other than what he's sold. Our financial situation is getting worse see the latest accounts released. We've always had CL football under Rafa now we havent which is more money lost.

So yes, I think suddenly expecting money to be blanked from thin air is astonishingly naive. We havent got it, wake up.

We sell Gerrard, Torres and/or Mascherano, then we have got it.

Where it goes after that seems to be the main bone of contention.

Guest Pistonbroke

Might as well nuke Greece and Spain off the face of the planet if that's what you think. Things change!

Might as well nuke Greece and Spain off the face of the planet if that's what you think. Things change!

You're changing tact now. We cant deal in what ifs regarding the future.

We can only go on what we know and thats Hicks and Gillett own the club and we have no money. Will that change tomorrow? Who knows but as it stands if you think Hicks and Gillett are trying to force Rafa out to give a new manager transfer funds you're deluding yourself.

I understand the cynicism towards the owners, but don't the bank have a say? If Liverpool are in the business of providing quality entertaining football, is taking the tools away to do precisely that the right way to get your money back in the future?

I doubt they will ask us to pay down some of the debt in addition to interest payments this summer as they seem to have accepted the club is being sold sooner or later, so there might be a bit, with the increase in TV money covering the lack of CL football, but I doubt it would be much on top of sales.

As long as we're making the interest payments and they think there is still a chance of getting their capital back, I doubt RBS will be too bothered either way though.

Whether Liverpool minus Gerrard and Torres plus their sale money adds up to less than Liverpool with them both to a buyer is slightly moot though. I think the problem with pocketing all or most of their sale fees would be that we would rocket down the league and the yanks would run the risk of trying to sell a relegated club.

Rafa wouldn't get no money at all if they decline to sack him and players leave. I think they would back down on that if he did stay and they are playing hardball with him by refusing to grant him any assurances personally. Looking at it from their point of view, if he did take another job, they could hand his compensation fee straight to a new manager. I think that's the game they are playing and it will be a case of who blinks first.

Guest Pistonbroke
You're changing tact now. We cant deal in what ifs regarding the future.

We can only go on what we know and thats Hicks and Gillett own the club and we have no money. Will that change tomorrow? Who knows but as it stands if you think Hicks and Gillett are trying to force Rafa out to give a new manager transfer funds you're deluding yourself.

I'm not changing tact at all. I'm just saying it is not naive of myself to believe funds could become available as things change. Nobody wants to run a business they have an investment in into the ground. I'm just saying that they might be wanting rafa to jump ship before investing any money they may have/ can get / etc under a new manager to keep the business running at a level where they will see a return.

Guest Pistonbroke
Tack. And acumen. Just saying.

My bad, living abroad for so long leads to my native language being a bit off the mark at times. I could use google and spell check to enhance this, but i can't be arsed. So some mistakes will happen.