You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Wenger moaning again.....

Arsene moaning again....I'm surprised he saw it, he of suspicious eyesight. What are Blackburn meant to do? They play to their strengths and targeted Arsenal's weaknesses. That's what football is all about.

Should teams like Blackburn start complaining that Arsenal play too much football against them and ask Arsene to change their tactics when they play them? Perhaps Wenger should take a look at himself and his failure to sign a top quality goalkeeper.

I think Wenger is a good manager and his ability to develop players is amongst the best. However, he is one of the worst losers in the game and needs to just accept defeat.

"Wenger fumes at Blackburn tactics

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claimed that both Blackburn's goals should have been ruled out for obstruction after his side lost 2-1 at Ewood Park.

Rovers tested goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski with high balls and scored both their goals from corner kicks.

"On both goals we were unlucky with the decision of the referee [Martin Atkinson]," said Wenger.

"Blackburn's main purpose every time was to stop the keeper. I cannot understand why he did not stop that."

Wenger also felt that his team should have been awarded a penalty after Michel Salgado tangled with Robin van Persie.

The Arsenal boss, who has complained previously about the physical approach of teams prepared by Rovers boss Sam Allardyce, said that he was not surprised by Blackburn's approach.

"We were unlucky to lose but we did not produce enough quality," added the Gunners boss.

"But I do not know any more what is a foul and what is not a foul. Every time [a ball went in] Fabianski was pushed.

"There is no purpose to play the ball from the Blackburn players - they don't even watch the ball. He [Fabianski] had two players in front of him all the time and every time it was to stop him getting the ball.

"In football, when you don't go for the ball and you stop the keeper going for the ball, it is a foul. I think the referee cannot allow that. I am very disappointed the referee lets that happen in a football game, it is unfair to a goalkeeper."

Rovers boss Allardyce admitted his team had targeted Fabianski but argued that they did so within the rules.

"We know that the weakness for Arsenal is balls in the box and we did that positively," said Allardyce.

"We have seen that under pressure Fabianski's handling is sometimes suspect.

"We felt that the more balls we put in, the deeper Arsenal would go and the more bodies Fabianski would then have to go through."

Van Persie headed Arsenal in front before David Dunn equalised shortly before half-time.

Chris Samba scored the winner after the break to ensure that Rovers will end the season unbeaten at home against the Gunners, Chelsea, Manchester United and Liverpool.

"It looked like the match would be a tall order after the first 15 minutes but we slowly worked our way into the game," added Allardyce.

Wenger's team have won just one of their last eight matches in all competitions and are not yet assured of third place in the table and automatic qualification to the group stage of next season's Champions League.

Manchester City and Tottenham, who meet on Wednesday, can still potentially catch the Gunners but they need Arsenal to drop points in their final game against Fulham next Sunday.

"I believe that it is about what we do, not what Manchester City and Tottenham do," added Wenger.

"We have a home game to finish the season and we want to finish well."

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed, Allardyce is the bigger cunt. Right out of page 1 of the Sunday League managing manual.

But, Wenger is quite snobbish and patronising in his constant moans when they get out fought and out muscled by a more phsyical team. I just don't get his point. Does he want teams in the mould of Blackburn, Stoke etc to try and match Arsenal on a footballing level or sit back while they play their pretty little passing triangles?

Fuck off Wenger. It's a results game and teams will use the strong points of their game to try and beat you. Just accept it and stop moaning about it every bloody season.

Am I the only one who thinks Wenger is a bigger cunt?

They both certainly have their moments at being the bigger cunt; it's like they're in a competition for it alongside Warnock.

Wenger really is blind to a lot of things though- if I were Blackburn's manager, looking at my team of cloggers, then I'd be saying "go out and rough Arsenal up, they're a bunch of fucking pansies". That isn't me endorsing the managerial "style" of Allardyce, it's just stating the obvious. If Wenger hasn't realised that from all the times he's played against Bolton and now Blackburn then he's got something wrong upstairs.

As for his support of the goalkeeper- it's admirable to stand by your players (hell, Benitez has done it often enough for players not good enough), but you really can go too far. Fabianski is far too error-prone to be in a side allegedly challenging for top honours, and Almunia isn't much better.

I'm fucking fed up of Wenger whining and bitching about all of the bad luck, bad decisions, bad everything that has befallen Arsenal, all of which, by the way, isn't his or his team's fault, of course....

Wenger and Allardyce should have a "Battle of the Cunts", where the energy released from their consiracy theories, their moans and grumbles, their finger-pointing and general twatishness is converted into giant weapons of some kind and they then slug it out to prove once and for all who is the bigger cunt.

The referee? Somebody with past and present experience of being just that cunt, who knows what it takes to achieve that level of cuntability.

Alex Ferguson.

Fabianski was blocked for the 2nd, dunn I think it was pushed Campbell into him.

Something has to be done though as there is nothing stopping a team just recruiting an 8ft basketball player and standing him next to the keeper for corners, put it on his head and it's a tap in every time.

I find it funny that Wenger moans about teams roughing them up to try and stop their flow of football. He bitches and moans when it happens to him but I didn't hear him moaning when he sent his team batter Barca in the Champions League. Fucking Hypocrit.

It shows up Allardyce's Ginsoak-motivated reasons for his feud with Benitez. If it was genuinely down to Allardyce's sense of injustice he'd have been going after Wenger with the same degree of bitterness and bile, but he got bored of that ages ago (even though Wenger's remained FAR more outspoken about the porcine poltroon's style of football).

They're both cunts in their own different ways. However, I'm too pissed off with football in general to bother with a 'who's the bigger cunt' diatribe. I'm totally fucked off with the likes of Drogba, whose dive after 3 minutes on Sunday was so dramatic, he nearly broke his own neck (if only). I'm fucked off that Chelsea players (and not just them) can get away, game after game, with chasing and trying to intimidate refs. I'm fucked off that, because someone plays for England, or was until recently captain of England, hecan get away with rampant thuggery like the assault on Kuyt in the 2nd half. I'm fucked off with the ineptitude of linesmen, like the one on Sunday, who failed to see the aforementioned assault even though it was 10 yards away from him - he had a perfect view, I know this, because I sit right behind where he was standing. I'm fucked off with abysmal refereeing, week-in, week-out (Webb, Mason, Atkinson, Bennett, French {beach ball} ) - you know who you are. I'm fucked off with the way Ferguson gets away with his shit - he's on a suspended sentence for the 'unfit Wiley' transgression, yet how many times since then has he criticised refs, not to mention calling the FA dysfunctional, with barely a murmur?

All in all I'm totally disenchanted with the game I've been obsessed with for 45 years and can't wait for this season to be over. Hopefully there will be some light at the end of the tunnel as far as our once-great club is concerned and I'll keep my season ticket forn another year. Another season like this, though, and the continued corruption of the sport and I'll seriously consider saving myself a whole load of cash and grief.

Errrrrm

Didn't our manager have a bit of amoan about fat Sam's style recently?

Did he? I thought he was pointing out they were crap.

Wenger has no excuse though, Fat Sam rolls into town roughs them up a bit and they fall apart. It's not like he hasn't had 5 years to do something about it. His failure to do anything about it, other than moan, is what allows fat sam to think he's some kind of genius.

Errrrrm

Didn't our manager have a bit of amoan about fat Sam's style recently?

Errrrm, no, not really. He moaned when he first played Bolton, but I don't actually think he said much after that - it was Allardyce ranting every single time we played them. It's been a largely one-sided argument for four years.

Wenger has no excuse though, Fat Sam rolls into town roughs them up a bit and they fall apart. It's not like he hasn't had 5 years to do something about it. His failure to do anything about it, other than moan, is what allows fat sam to think he's some kind of genius.

You're quite right. For someone with an 'intellectual' image, Wenger is bewilderingly easy to wind up. Take Mourinho's 'voyeur' quip - Wenger scuttles off to his solicitor! The man is hopelessly inept when he gets involved in arguments, which makes it all the more odd that he starts so many of them himself!

Errrrm, no, not really. He moaned when he first played Bolton, but I don't actually think he said much after that - it was Allardyce ranting every single time we played them. It's been a largely one-sided argument for four years.

Rafa after the 2-1 victory against Blackburn in February:

Benítez retorted: "He is a model for football all around the world. I am sure he is a model for behaviour and for kids all around the world. I am sure Barcelona are thinking of copying this style now too. The way we have to be on and off the pitch should be an example to kids and parents all around the world."

Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers | Premier League match report | Football | guardian.co.uk

(I'm not making any judgments about whether he was right or wrong to say it, but I think it's false to say that Rafa hasn't had a few sarcastic jabs at Allardyce.)

Apparently a lot of Arsenal fans are fed up with him. I know it'd never happen but I'd have him here quicker than Allardyce can devour a Mars bar.

They are very fickle. In Febuary they wanted him gone. 6 weeks ago they loved him again. Now they want him gone again.

Benítez retorted: "He is a model for football all around the world. I am sure he is a model for behaviour and for kids all around the world. I am sure Barcelona are thinking of copying this style now too. The way we have to be on and off the pitch should be an example to kids and parents all around the world."

Liverpool 2-1 Blackburn Rovers | Premier League match report | Football | guardian.co.uk

(I'm not making any judgments about whether he was right or wrong to say it, but I think it's false to say that Rafa hasn't had a few sarcastic jabs at Allardyce.)

That's not a moan, that's a blatant pisstake after his team had just been beaten by us.

im pretty sure Sam said something about us playing so rough in the match before blackburn and the reporters asked benitez if he could give a reply.

and it was IN HIS FACE!

Re: Benitez comments on Allardyce.

Yes, he did say something after we played Blackburn. However, the BBC article quoted clearly says Benitez "retorted" so it was obviously in response to some off Allardyce's usual nonsense. That's the difference, as Wenger made his comments off his own back to tell us all what a terribly, raw and unfair deal Arsenal get when playing against the big, rough boys.

• 1 year later...

Oh do fuck off Wenger. Interesting the last bit about Flabbergast.

Arsène Wenger warns of backlash if Andy Carroll skips Under-21 duty | Football | The Guardian

Arsène Wenger warns of backlash if Andy Carroll skips Under-21 duty

• Wenger upset at Jack Wilshere's expected England U21 call-up

• Cesc Fábregas told to deliver trophies with Arsenal

David Hytner

The Guardian, Friday 20 May 2011

Article history

Arsène Wenger said it would be hard to believe Andy Carroll is more tired than Jack Wilshere, above. Photograph: Julian Finney/Getty Images

Arsène Wenger has warned Fabio Capello and Stuart Pearce to expect a backlash if Andy Carroll were to be stood down from the England Under-21 squad for the European Championship next month.

The Arsenal manager is upset that Jack Wilshere looks set to be named in Pearce's 23-man squad for the finals in Denmark, which take place between 11 and 25 June, despite his having graduated to Capello's senior team. Wilshere, who has made 54 appearances for club and country at all levels this season, is expected to play for Capello's side in the Euro 2012 qualifier against Switzerland on 4 June.

Wenger has warned of the dangers of burnout but his ire would deepen if Liverpool succeeded in withdrawing Carroll from the squad, on the basis that the knee problem that has held him back in recent weeks would benefit from a summer of rest. Carroll, the £35m January signing from Newcastle United, who is also a full international, has made 31 appearances this season.

Liverpool are lobbying for Carroll to be excused from the tournament in Denmark and, amid the toing and froing, the Football Association was forced to say Pearce's final squad announcement would not be until next Monday, after the final round of Premier League fixtures. The governing body had hoped to publish the list of names on Thursday.

"Pearce will be concerned to leave Carroll behind," Wenger said, "and I don't think he will do it because that is opening the doors for any other complaints behind that. Players react like: 'If he doesn't go, why do I go?' That could be a dangerous game to leave Carroll behind. It could create many other problems. I would not be the first on the phone but there would be no logic in the attitude of the selection.

"I could understand if Carroll doesn't go for injury problems but for fatigue problems ... it would be more difficult to convince people in England that he is more tired than Jack Wilshere."

Wenger announced on Thursday morning that he knew that Wilshere was in Pearce's squad and, although he continues to hope that there could be a change of heart, prompted by his pressure, he intends to plan for the beginning of next season without the 19-year-old.

In an attempt to guard against burnout, he will give Wilshere four weeks of complete rest, calculated from the day that the Under-21s exit the Championship, and he said the midfielder would then need at least three weeks of pre-season work before he could consider selecting him.

The semi-finals in Denmark are scheduled for 22 June; the final for 25 June and the new Premier League season will kick-off on 13 August. Wenger said the senior England team "know Jack will not be available for the friendly" on 10 August against Holland at Wembley. "Jack will be very unlikely to start the season for us," said Wenger, who feels that the decision to take Wilshere to Denmark is a "risk for Jack's health".

Wenger, meanwhile, has told Cesc Fábregas that Arsenal's trophy-free season does not offer him the excuse to leave for Barcelona, the midfielder's former club and perennial suitors. "What guarantees you that if you go somewhere else, you win trophies?" Wenger said. "I believe that the biggest pride for a captain is to be committed to his club and deliver trophies with his team.

"A player who changes clubs every time when he is frustrated or when he does not win a trophy goes nowhere. I believe that the quality of a sports life is to be committed to your club and not just move out when it doesn't go as well as expected.

"I expect Cesc to be here. We will fight very hard to keep him here. You have always to fight when you have a player of that quality. You have always to fight to keep the players, of course."