You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa: We were never going to win the title

straight_red

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe not that time, but as the great man himself says

“But I always say the same – the Premier League is the Premier League and the difference in money is so big that if you want to stay at this level for a while, you have to do almost everything perfectly.

In fairness he never really shuts up about money does he? Goes quiet on how he spunked nigh on 40 mill on two players he clearly doesn't rate mind.

I agree he goes on about money far more than he should. But even when the poor cunt does admit to making mistakes some people are so desperate to lay into him they start making shit up. It's fucking pathetic.

I agree he goes on about money far more than he should. But even when the poor cunt does admit to making mistakes some people are so desperate to lay into him they start making shit up. It's fucking pathetic.

Well, if anybody makes stuff up to attack him then i would agree with you, that is pathetic.

Nowhere near naive as thinking he will suddenly change his attitude and approach to games in this league.

He will never, ever, change his thinking on the game. I came to this conclusion about 3 years ago as it began to dawn on me that the total football thing with Valenica was a crock of shit(how many here really saw that much of them?).

This is what you get with Rafa and you either buy into this or you don't. Some are holding up last year as some kind of success, I see it as a failure. His negativity threw away that title and no amount of brilliant football when he was forced to go for it in the last couple of months can cover that up.

The most comical part of that interview is the reference to injuries. Ours have been nowhere near as bad as Arsenal, not as bad as Chelsea or Man Utd and certainly not worse than Everton who have coped much better with a smaller squad.

The man is a clown who has run out of excuses but still keeps trying to dream up even more excuses.

Guest Pistonbroke

At the end of the day it's all down to opinions and it's pretty obvious it's a fair split between Rafa's fans and those of us who want him gone. To call your fellow fans embarrassing for having an opinion is pretty ironic which ever side of the fence you are sitting.

The most comical part of that interview is the reference to injuries. Ours have been nowhere near as bad as Arsenal, not as bad as Chelsea or Man Utd and certainly not worse than Everton who have coped much better with a smaller squad.

The man is a clown who has run out of excuses but still keeps trying to dream up even more excuses.

It's sad to say but i have to agree with that.

Of course not, mainly because you have been weakening our squad constantly the last few transfer windows.

But did you realise this before or after you publicly tried to downplay Alonso`s influence on our season last year and putting your faith in Lucas Leiva to take us to new heights?

Of course not, mainly because you have been weakening our squad constantly the last few transfer windows.

But did you realise this before or after you publicly tried to downplay Alonso`s influence on our season last year and putting your faith in Lucas Leiva to take us to new heights?

I feel certain that in his quiet moments the name Xabi Alonso must evoke images of Marleys Ghost for him.

Fuck the manager, or any player. Liverpool Football Club is what matters and if some fucker is ruining it then they will be criticised.

I was referring to the ever increasing number of insults that seem to be getting thrown his way. Criticism is fine, calling him a cunt isn't.

Whatever Rafa or did not say, the fact is that our points tally of last season would have been enough to win the league this season (if not our goal difference, as yet). If it ain't broke, don't fix it (or sell it to Juventus/change the way we play/alienate a long-serving player).

For what reason can the manager not be called "a cunt"?

Several past players were called "a cunt" when they were still playing for us.

Because he isn't? Unless of course you think that having a bad spell as manager of a football club makes you a cunt.