You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What happend to that then? I usualy always try and get 305/306 ended up in 205 Monday and had to move up to the 305 after 10 mins as was starting to feel a bit of a tit singing on my own. Even in the 306/305 its a minority that join in with all the songs, whoppers seem to make up the numbers there now, a failure then???

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Pistonbroke

Why do whoppers always get the blame ? I bet you there are enough local lads in the Kop as well. Like George says, the standard of the modern day fan is the problem. Plus the older ones probably don't like been told what to do by a wank organized group like the RTK.

Why do whoppers always get the blame ? I bet you there are enough local lads in the Kop as well. Like George says, the standard of the modern day fan is the problem. Plus the older ones probably don't like been told what to do by a wank organized group like the RTK.

The whoppers generaly haven't got a clue what the words are to any of the songs, if they do sing its usualy some shit soccer am styled song they invented themselves.This isn't a dig at OOT support as I was surrounded by scousers on Monday and has 2 scouse ST holders next to me before I moved.

Its got as bad as the Annie road/Centenery/Main stand in the kop.

Guest Pistonbroke
The whoppers generaly haven't got a clue what the words are to any of the songs, if they do sing its usualy some shit soccer am styled song they invented themselves.This isn't a dig at OOT support as I was surrounded by scousers on Monday and has 2 scouse ST holders next to me before I moved.

Its got as bad as the Annie road/Centenery/Main stand in the kop.

Sounded like a dig the way you worded it mate. My apologies then.

The atmosphere at Anfield has been shite for ages apart from the big games. Personally i like to be as vocal as i can whilst supporting my team. But in the modern era of football it's just not going to get any better i'm afraid. They pay their money and support the club how they see fit. The more splinter groups like the RTK try to impose themselves on telling fans how to conduct themselves then the more resistance they'll receive. You just have to understand that people will always do things the way they see fit whilst shelling out their cash.

Sounded like a dig the way you worded it mate. My apologies then.

The atmosphere at Anfield has been shite for ages apart from the big games. Personally i like to be as vocal as i can whilst supporting my team. But in the modern era of football it's just not going to get any better i'm afraid. They pay their money and support the club how they see fit. The more splinter groups like the RTK try to impose themselves on telling fans how to conduct themselves then the more resistance they'll receive. You just have to understand that people will always do things the way they see fit whilst shelling out their cash.

Has it though? Even the derby wasn't that good as far as derby atmosphere's go and can see me bumping this post tomorrow! I don't know who was behind RTK but don't know how anyone can slag them off for trying to get a better atmosphere going. Maybe whoever was behind it could put something out again, the season were having the lads on the pitch could do with the extra support!

Guest Pistonbroke
Has it though? Even the derby wasn't that good as far as derby atmosphere's go and can see me bumping this post tomorrow! I don't know who was behind RTK but don't know how anyone can slag them off for trying to get a better atmosphere going. Maybe whoever was behind it could put something out again, the season were having the lads on the pitch could do with the extra support!

They went about it in totally the wrong way and fans were feeling threatened. Not heard anything from them in ages, probably for the better imo. The atmosphere will change when the team are riding high and playing exciting football again. Until then it's going to be the same as it has been for ages barring the odd game. Like i keep saying, fans hate being told how to support the club by other fans on a superiority complex.

They went about it in totally the wrong way and fans were feeling threatened. Not heard anything from them in ages, probably for the better imo. The atmosphere will change when the team are riding high and playing exciting football again. Until then it's going to be the same as it has been for ages barring the odd game. Like i keep saying, fans hate being told how to support the club by other fans on a superiority complex.

When I 1st started going the match on a regular basis stood on the kop as a nipper I was quite happy to be taught the traditions/ways/songs of supporting the team by a mate who'd been going every week.I remember the mission statement or whatever it was RTK brought out the other season and there was nothing wrong with it from what I could see.

If people want to rebel against supporting the team be cunts and slag the team and Rafa off for 90mins like i've seen some people do this season I don't know why they don't stay at home! Why go all the way out to France to call Babel a lazy N**** and Lucas a cunt and not sing? Its bafflng!

(hope your reading this btw and you will know who you are as you was sat behind me on the Paris/Liverpool flight on Friday night! Your a cunt!)

RTK?

Is that that little croaky voiced scally who aggressively chants "Get der woolies out der Kop?" at away games?

He's really great. A real treasure. Ah, he remembers the golden days of Sami Hyypia and Craig Bellamy as if they were yesterday.

I really like him.

a "whopper" isn't someone who's not local, a whopper is just a whopper, another word for a tit basically

Good idea but badly executed. Having said that, I was in 305 for the Blackburn game and it was the best atmosphere for a "small" game that I can remember for a long time. I'm sure the rest of the Kop was as shit as usual though.

After the game I was selling the mag outside the ALbert, and there were a couple of lads who looked like they were involved with SoS, as I think they were handing leaflets out. This lad walks past them and says "we were 4-0 up until your lot started with the yank chants. It went to 4-1 then, you see you've got to get behind the team"

It was surreal. The two lads just looked shocked.

After the game I was selling the mag outside the ALbert, and there were a couple of lads who looked like they were involved with SoS, as I think they were handing leaflets out. This lad walks past them and says "we were 4-0 up until your lot started with the yank chants. It went to 4-1 then, you see you've got to get behind the team"

I seen you selling fanzines before the match, I thought you had other people to do that for you these days!

I'm almost certain RTK aren't doing anything and have just merged with SOS and stopped talking about the atmosphere.

To be fair getting rid of the yanks is far more important than atmosphere at this point although don't see why effort can't go into both by all supporters.

I remember RTK started off after the game against Bordeaux in the Champions League. I was on the Kop that night and surrounded by turds chanting "EASY!"

Also I had some woman tell me to stop swearing during the Steve Gerrard song after he scored his first goal of the season (which was probably one of the best times I've heard that song at a deafening level). Because of this level of gobshite on the Kop the RTK formed with good intentions. Unfortunately as with all things it was taken out of all context and some idiots felt it was an excuse to verbally or physically attack us OOTs. It was something I experienced when going to collect my ticket for Athens which was also followed by the bad feeling for unfortunate ST holders who were denied tickets for the final.

That is outrageous. The Portsmouth game was won by half-time and we had a full 45 minutes to protest against the Americans in a live TV game but we got a half arsed protest in the last 10 minutes or so. Fair play to those who tried to get it going but it smacked of too little too late and an opportunity missed by the Kop to me to really get a message across.

The Glazer protests in the second half of the United v Milan didn't do Uniteds players any harm so the lad who said that to the SOS lads is just a fucking nobjockey.

That is outrageous. The Portsmouth game was won by half-time and we had a full 45 minutes to protest against the Americans in a live TV game but we got a half arsed protest in the last 10 minutes or so. Fair play to those who tried to get it going but it smacked of too little too late and an opportunity missed by the Kop to me to really get a message across.

The Glazer protests in the second half of the United v Milan didn't do Uniteds players any harm so the lad who said that to the SOS lads is just a fucking nobjockey.

I was up in the 305 for that, and the 'what do we wan't? yanks out' chant sounded quite loud and went for a good few minutes, mate said he could hear it on the tele aswel.'They don't care' chant got a good airing aswel, suppose its something to build on.

I was up in the 305 for that, and the 'what do we wan't? yanks out' chant sounded quite loud and went for a good few minutes, mate said he could hear it on the tele aswel.'They don't care' chant got a good airing aswel, suppose its something to build on.

All well and good but the ''They don't care about Rafa'' line which was being sung on the night and in general instead of the ''they only care about money'' is nauseating to say the least and muddies the waters somewhat.