You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool keeping close eye on McLeish contract talks

JohnnyH

Their manager has them overachieving, ours has us underachieving.

That is my point.

What about Keith Hill? Young manager and doing a good over-achieving job in his first managerial role.

This 'anyone but Rafa' level of thought that people have got to is mad as fuck. Some people quite clearly aren't good enough. McLeish is one of them.

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are candidates if Rafa goes but no way should McLeish be one. Curbishley done as well for Charlton as he has done for Birmingham.

At least get someone who has done something. Blanc, Rijkaard, Van Gaal and a plenty of others are better candidates than McLeish.

There are candidates if Rafa goes but no way should McLeish be one. Curbishley done as well for Charlton as he has done for Birmingham.

At least get someone who has done something. Blanc, Rijkaard, Van Gaal and a plenty of others are better candidates than McLeish.

Anyone but Rafa is silly.

There are enough candidates out there

Agreed on the first line although this is ultimately what anyone on this thread who's looked favourabley at it has done.

Enough realistic candidates that are better in the long term and that would join with the owners we've currently got I think is another matter though.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Will never hit the low you hit prior to Athens no matter what I say pal. At least I can always be sure of that.

John, not being funny, but what has something that might have happened 3 years ago got to do with this thread?

And I don't understand what it's got to do with Lance either

Happens all to often on here that someone is turned on, and then all their mates pile in.

Doesn't do the forum any favours

John, not being funny, but what has something that might have happened 3 years ago got to do with this thread?

Happens all to often on here that someone is turned on, and then all their mates pile in.

You mean like what you and real red used to do consistently? I honestly joined the discussion because I remember Captain saying something out of place, but not what it was, and I was curious to what it was and hoped that he would clear that up.

Captain responded with a neg, and curt response. So I wound him up.

Nothing much to it at all.

Having read that thread though is it not crystal clear that Captain fella is a bit of a nobhead?

You mean like what you and real red used to do consistently? I honestly joined the discussion because I remember Captain saying something out of place, but not what it was, and I was curious to what it was and hoped that he would clear that up.

Captain responded with a neg, and curt response. So I wound him up.

Nothing much to it at all.

Throwing accusations around again Lance?

Show me an example

Edited by Ulysses Everett McGill

No other club in the top ten clubs of world football would give their managers as much time as we do.

Took the words out of my mouth.

No club with any shred of self respect would have put up with 3 months of this shite, never mind 6 months.

Regardless of past glories.

Throwing accusations around again Lance?

Go on then, where is the evidence?

You know what you do, Andy. I don't have to prove anything because it's really not worth the effort of going through old threads. I'm not trying to score points.

You're saying that John and I were doing a pile-on Captain, when Captain was acting a cock. If it was random poster a, and random poster b doing it, then you'd have not bothered to say a thing.

Why? You have issues with John and I.

You know what you do, Andy. I don't have to prove anything because it's really not worth the effort of going through old threads. I'm not trying to score points.

You're saying that John and I were doing a pile-on Captain, when Captain was acting a cock. If it was random poster a, and random poster b doing it, then you'd have not bothered to say a thing.

Why? You have issues with John and I.

Sorry Lance, but if you are going to throw around accusations you do have something to prove

Also, that bit in bold, why try and cause problems between John and me, bit of a cunts trick that?

But, you know what, fuck it, don't bother because I can't be doing with much more of this shite

It had fuck all to do with you, and John's a big enough lad to fight his own battles, but as ever on TLW, it's set loose the attack dogs on anyone who disagree's with the clique

Fucking does my head in

Man Utd didn't give their manager time?

Arsenal are not currently giving their manager time?

Arsenal are a bad example. They keep challenging for titles, and getting deep in the domestic cups... whilst playing glittering football.

They're also working under financial restraints, and selling their best players every few years.

I think they're doing pretty alright, and it's only a matter of time before ascend again. They've got the people wanting to give the manager money, if he just chooses to strengthen and buy a commanding centerback, and a strong-hardnosed midfielder.