You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool keeping close eye on McLeish contract talks

JohnnyH

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
You know for a fact that Alex McLeish planted that story to get the Mirror to write that, do you?

Actually, yes

Yes I do

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what worries me about sacking Rafa. Ending up with someone like McLeish

Until this season we were one of the top clubs in Europe. Would Barcelona, Milan, Man Utd etc etc be considering Alex McLeish if they were in the market for a manager?

If/when Rafa goes, we need someone with a record that stacks up. Not a punt on someone who hasn't achieved much. We are not in a position where we can afford to take a risk.

I suspect those arguing for someone like McLeish are making the judgement based largely on "anyone but Benitez"

That last line is bollocks. There are loads of managers I would prefer Rafa ahead of.

O'Neill is British.

O'Neill is an Irish name. He played GAA and is from Derry.

From wiki:

O'Neill was born into an Irish nationalist working-class family in Kilrea[1] in 1952. He was the sixth child and has four brothers and four sisters.[1] He has a strong Gaelic football background, his father being a founding member of local club Pádraig Pearse's Kilrea, which is named after an Irish nationalist leader.

Get yourself out of that one Perry.

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill
Not sure, i've a mate who lives on Henry Street too and he was talking about it.

Then another mate's mate was brought to it one night.

Horrible, immoral places

I'll have to make further enquires to reduce the risk of myself being contaminated by such filth

Guest TesticleOReilly
no i think you'll find he's irish he was anyway when when managing celtic he's from Derry

O'Neill is an Irish name. He played GAA and is from Derry.

From wiki:

O'Neill was born into an Irish nationalist working-class family in Kilrea[1] in 1952. He was the sixth child and has four brothers and four sisters.[1] He has a strong Gaelic football background, his father being a founding member of local club Pádraig Pearse's Kilrea, which is named after an Irish nationalist leader.

Get yourself out of that one Perry.

He was born in Northern Ireland. Northern Ireland is part of the United Kingdom. He's British.

If you're born in Nothern Ireland and youre a Catholic you're Irish. End of Argument.

Il rephrase that for you

If you're born in Nothern Ireland and youre a Republican then you're Irish. End of Argument

Not all catholics feel the same way you do.

Dosent change the fact that he's British aswell though....

Il rephrase that for you

If you're born in Nothern Ireland and youre a Republican then you're Irish. End of Argument

Not all catholics feel the same way you do.

Dosent change the fact that he's British aswell though....

You ask all Catholics up North what they consider themselves as. Its all about the Passport.