You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He had one good touch today to set up the Benayoun "chance".

He wasted absoultely everything else that came his way. He tried this little flick thing on four ocassions. It only worked once and it got even more difficult to watch everytime he tried it again.

At least he ran around loads though, eh?

He had one good touch today to set up the Benayoun "chance".

He wasted absoultely everything else that came his way. He tried this little flick thing on four ocassions. It only worked once and it got even more difficult to watch everytime he tried it again.

At least he ran around loads though, eh?

Dirk is a fantastic player to have in the squad. As a 2nd choice striker, not as a fucking winger.

Walcott, Wright Phillips, Lennon, Valencia all better on the wing than he is.

Dirk NEEDS a rest - either that or to be left upfront NOT on the wings where he does damage in defence at the wrong times - Don't know why but that incident leading to their goal reminded me a LOT of Gerrard setting up Henry for a goal v us in 2006 and one v England in 2004 as well as Rooney giving away a penalty in Moscow for England in 2007.

On another note; Aquilani HAS to play in the middle from now on - I think the penny's finally dropped with him and he's learned Alonso's old trick in this league of taking a step back to control the ball and the game (and our attacks) as NO-ONE got near him last night when he was on the ball and he didn't give it away at all.

Also think that Babel may have matured and deserves to start as well since he made things happen as soon as he appeared and looked focused and determined all night. Lucas and Maxi should make way as Aquilani and Babel look like they'd do some REAL damage if left in that team at midfield and right wing positions for a run of games.

if he's that good how come no one has ever tried to sign him?

everything that is wrong about our style of football is optimised by dirk donkey.

didn't rafa buy him as a 20 goals a season striker? i'd settle for 20 good first touches a season. sell the donkey and i GUARANTEE that it'd only be some midtable shite or back of beyond foreign champions league wannabes that come in for him.

You bunch of scapegoat seeking pricks - why not pick on Lucas?

Or why not add the likes of Smicer? He was shite last night too.

Really pisses me off when people aim their criticism at one or two, particularly when they week in week out work their bollocks off and Dirk has become one of our best players over recent years.

Always seems to me at the game that when Dirk does a shit pass everyone is on his back but if Gerrard or Carra do it then the reaction if far different.

Dirk is a fantastic player to have in the squad. As a 2nd choice striker, not as a fucking winger.

Walcott, Wright Phillips, Lennon, Valencia all better on the wing than he is.

Douglas Bader would be better on the wing than he is. He was playing upfront yesterday, as he has for most of the season. He's been putting these performances in all season. Sometimes he scores, always he gives the ball away like last night. It's just usually further up the pitch, so it doesn't often directly lead to a goal by the opposition. It always destroys our play and drives teammates to distraction though.

Douglas Bader would be better on the wing than he is. He was playing upfront yesterday, as he has for most of the season. He's been putting these performances in all season. Sometimes he scores, always he gives the ball away like last night. It's just usually further up the pitch, so it doesn't often directly lead to a goal by the opposition. It always destroys our play and drives teammates to distraction though.

Wow, fancy bumping into you here.

Every time someone makes a criticism of Kuyt it's always prefaced by "he's a nice guy" so what? He's a technically limited player who is often the cause of our attacks breaking down, he shouldn't be in the side. Although, get this, I reckon if we played a 442 with Kuyt up front with someone else, and he was asked only to play up front, I think I'd forgive a lot more of his massive failings as he's clearly got a poachers instinct.

Every time someone makes a criticism of Kuyt it's always prefaced by "he's a nice guy" so what? He's a technically limited player who is often the cause of our attacks breaking down, he shouldn't be in the side. Although, get this, I reckon if we played a 442 with Kuyt up front with someone else, and he was asked only to play up front, I think I'd forgive a lot more of his massive failings as he's clearly got a poachers instinct.

For someone with a poachers instinct, a high proportion of his goals are scrambled efforts.

For someone with a poachers instinct, a high proportion of his goals are scrambled efforts.

A high amount of his goals are him being in the right place at the right time. Although I do recall him missing a shit load of chances during his first season here, so many that I believe I couldn't say his name without saying 'fuck's sake' before it.

Guest PurpleNose

If it wasn't for Kuyt, Lucas and Insua we'd have won the quadruple this year.

Everyone else was, yet again, fucking boss last night.