You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nick Barmby, 10 years after leaving Everton, just been serenaded off the Woodison pitch with a loud and proud vocal airing of "Meeerderrrreeerrrsss", followed by an equally vocal "Die Die Nicky Nicky Die"

"We do things with Class and Dignity"

Indeed.

I was there and there was no 'Meeerdereerrrsss' when he was subbed, and the 'die Nicky die' came much earlier, just loud booing when his number came up,and i was booing as loud as anyone.

10 years after he left Everton? Hell, Steve 'fuck off' McMahon got it 14 years after he left Goodison when he came with Swindon for an FA Cup 3rd round tie.

I was there and there was no 'Meeerdereerrrsss' when he was subbed, and the 'die Nicky die' came much earlier, just loud booing when his number came up,and i was booing as loud as anyone.

10 years after he left Everton? Hell, Steve 'fuck off' McMahon got it 14 years after he left Goodison when he came with Swindon for an FA Cup 3rd round tie.

What were "the people" singing to the same tune as "meeerdererrrss" when he was subbed then? "Wellplayyedbarmby, wellplayyedbarmby?"

That second one was actually German: "The the Nicky Nicky the"

Lawyer: But what about that tattoo on your chest? Doesn't it say, "Die

Bart, Die?"

Bob: [conciliatorily] No, that's German for "The Bart, The."

[The spectators laugh, understanding]

Officer: No one who speaks German could be an evil man.

Going of the tele, I guarantee you can hear both loud and proud when he is subbed off.

What did you expect them to do, give him a round of applause? He walked into the chairmans office and said "I want to play for Liverpool". I think If I was an Everton fan I'd feel aggrieved.

We gave Michael Owen a nice cheer didn't we. Its football and If one of your best players ups sticks and goes to your bitter rivals straight away you would not be best pleased, would you?

There is a slight difference between, "what a waste of talent" and "Where were you in Istanbul?" To "Die, die, Nicky, Nicky Die & Merderrrrerrrs.

Munich,Shipman,Go home and shag your kids, how did you break his leg, Gary Neville shags his ma, John Terry's Ma loves the scouse cock.

We have sang a few borderline bits, I understand why they sang that to Barmby, I don't believe they mean it, Its football.

I agree I was just using your example of Owen.

We're no angels I'm not going to kid myself, but then we don't mouth off about doing things with dignity & class while at the same time trying to pick arguments with journalists after we've just won a derby.

What did you expect them to do, give him a round of applause? He walked into the chairmans office and said "I want to play for Liverpool". I think If I was an Everton fan I'd feel aggrieved.

We gave Michael Owen a nice cheer didn't we. Its football and If one of your best players ups sticks and goes to your bitter rivals straight away you would not be best pleased, would you?

Not quite the true story that.

True story is that he asked for a new contract, and he/his agwent were negotiating one. Bill Kenwright, in the meantime, got an offer for Barmby from Chelsea, which he chose to accept. Barmby was majorly pissed off and insisted he wanted to stay. Was sent home to "have a think". His agent made a few calls to other clubs letting it be known that Barmby was "for sale". Liverpool said they wanted him, so Barmby went back to Kenwright and said "ok I'll go....but only to Liverpool". Kenwright was pissed off and insisted he went to Chelsea. Liverpool, though, matched Chelsea's offer.

So, Kenwright reluctantly accepts the offer from Liverpool too, press get wind he's off and Kenwright goes into full "Evertonian" mode and hits the media with the "six words no Evertonian wants to hear" line.

Barmby kicks off and tells him he's going to the press to tell them that Everton were selling him against his will. Kenwright told him that if he does, he'll stop the Liverpool deal going through and it only would if Barmby signed a "keep your gob shut" contract.

So, Everton chose to sell a player who didn't want to leave. Kenwright catered to the Evertonian that is present in every bitter, and they all lapped it up.

True story, straight from the horses mouth.... well, a close friend of the horses mouth anyway.

Not quite the true story that.

Edited by PiranhaBill
double post for reasons I don't know!!

When have you ever heard, either at the match or on tele, a loud and audible airing of the Shipman/Munich songs at our place? Enough to make people at home watching take notice? I havn't, you may get the odd small pocket amongst thousands but that's it, it never goes beyond that whereas at Old Trafford and Goodison it consistently does.

Did the Kop break in to a 10,000 strong rendition of "Who's that dying on the runway?" when Owen came back this season?