You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fallout: New Vegas

Cardie

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No idea who this Charon character is but you first encounter Fawkes when you play the vault 87 quest and he can permanently follow you around after "The American Dream" quest.

That's a weird weird quest, did you do fail the fail safe or Bettys tasks?

Crikey, I got Charon from the Underworld in one of the Museums, and he's been working with me ever since. Haven't been to Vault 87 yet.

I ended up doing Betty's quests, but I've a feeling I very nearly sussed the failsafe, (involving music?) Didn't quite manage it though so did her/his stuff just to get out.

Massive game, got about 30hrs on it already and I've a feeling I'm very early doors in the story. Helping Moira with her book at the mo.

Great game.

Ahh, just looked it up and they are quite different Charon and Fawkes, apparently.

Though you're only supposed to be able to get one or the other at one time, supposedly there is a way of getting them both at once so you can go round mob-handed and flay the Wasteland pretty brutally.

Absolutely amazing game. I love the transition from being a badly equipped puss-ay at first, dodging and sniping all the little red dots that appear on your radar, to when you're tooled up and actively search them out.

I hardly touched the mission for ages and just levelled up so was a bit disappointed to find there was a limit to how high you could go. Apparently you need to get the DLC to continue improving past level 20 but, as I've just completed it, I'll be getting it anyway.

Also, totally agree with Mel Wood; I'd say it was getting turned off at eleven and, somehow, at three in the morning I'd still be playing. Great game.

• 4 months later...

Not long now....just over 3 months away. Obsidian, please, please make this game work without bugs! The last Fallout would've been my favourite game ever without those bugs, and it badly did my head in, felt seriously robbed of something I'd have played for years.

This just looks fucking brilliant aswell, and there's gameplay in this trailer. It just sets things up so well. (way better to watch in full screen on youtube too.) :

[YOUTUBE]-whnfIw_VfE[/YOUTUBE]

Some of those weapons we see there.....do we have UFO's again? I'd just love that so much.

Not long now....just over 3 months away. Obsidian, please, please make this game work without bugs! The last Fallout would've been my favourite game ever without those bugs, and it badly did my head in, felt seriously robbed of something I'd have played for years.

This just looks fucking brilliant aswell, and there's gameplay in this trailer. It just sets things up so well. (way better to watch in full screen on youtube too.) :

[YOUTUBE]-whnfIw_VfE[/YOUTUBE]

Some of those weapons we see there.....do we have UFO's again? I'd just love that so much.

The PS3 bug with it just leaking memory was what killed my gaming experience of this. Agree on the awesomness of this game, except for the bugs, which made it in fact, not an awesome game at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Out on Friday.

Fucking hell, having only just stopped playing Fallout 3 after having given up on finding 30 bottles of Nuka Cola Quantum, do I dare give my life away to this???

You do know this then means there are lots of places on Fallout 3 you haven't visited yet, you could take a couple of hours more, just until New Vegas is out...

I have it ordered from Amazon with a couple of other things, so wont be arriving until the first week of November, but I guess then that I will be like a hermit until and during christmas.

I've got it, I'm only about 4 or so hours in and it's just starting to hook me in.

I was getting a bit bored at first but it's one of those games where you need to play it for a while before it grabs you. I just wish there were less load screens but what are you gonna do when you have such a big world, I guess.

I've got it, I'm only about 4 or so hours in and it's just starting to hook me in.

I was getting a bit bored at first but it's one of those games where you need to play it for a while before it grabs you. I just wish there were less load screens but what are you gonna do when you have such a big world, I guess.

Couldn't they load the world onto the playstation HDD? gutted I can't play this work for five days and college for two :/

Fallout 3 on the PS3 was apparently a technical mess, though I only had two moments where it froze, after 100+ hours of game play. From what I've heard the PS3 version has improved slightly whereas the Xbox version has declined, resulting in both being faulty and a pretty poor game to release.

That said, the whole Fallout thing is so immense I'm able to overlook the faults. I'll be getting this first thing tomorrow and apart from the odd online game of FIFA/COD/Medal Of Honor it will be the only thing I play until at least Xmas.

Has this got any vehicles in it? I hated walking for ages just to get to my location.

That's kind of the point, once you'd traveled to a location once then you could quick travel back to it as often as you like but finding the place for the first time was half the fun.

Gah, I'll only get this if I catch the office cold. F3 ate up six weeks of my life.

I thought the walking bit was fun too. It took me ages to work out you could jump from location to location too. Doh.

Early in the game was the best for it, you'd wander out of megaton with a rifle an a few bullets and end up running for your life being chased by anything and everything.

Once you had power armour and plasma weapons the challenge disappeared.

Early in the game was the best for it, you'd wander out of megaton with a rifle an a few bullets and end up running for your life being chased by anything and everything.

Once you had power armour and plasma weapons the challenge disappeared.

Just getting to, and getting around that super duper mart was a fucking nightmare. Then wandering into a school and coming across my first raiders. I loved that game, but it's fair to say it fucked me up a bit in the head.