You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Could You Ever Turn Your Back On Football?

RedEagle

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never been as dissillusioned with football as much as the last year or two ..these cunts are really taking it away from me

The talk of having to sell Torres and Gerrard really makes me sad

I really wish death by bad aids on these yank cunts

Could I turn my back on Liverpool ....as bad as I feel . still NEVER

I love this club so much and its in my blood .I hate how down and depressed I get about it when there is so much worse shit going on in the world but I cant help it ..I love the club so much

Fuck you Gillette and Hicks and thanks DM

Simple answer, no.

But as long as we are not playing its come to a point now that unless it involves going to the pub to have a few with some mates then I do not watch even half the amount of matches I used to do.

I`m not as emotional about if we win or lose at the moment, but thats because I have given up on our manager and his priorities, but even if thats the case I still think we will win every game we play, call me delusional, but thats just how it is.

I don't think I could ever fully turn my back on football but like many other posters I have changed my football habits. In previous years I used to go to a handful of aways per season, make the odd trip to Anfield and would always have a Sky subscription.

Nowadays I turn down any tickets I'm offered due to the owners and buy, or am given, cheapo counterfeitn LFC shirts. I've cancelled Sky as I don't want the club to benefit from the money, or Sky themselves. So my financial commitment to football has evaporated. Every game is watched online or, rarely, on domestic TV.

I still love the club and celebrate every win, but I'm not paying for it any more with these two "in charge".

I don't even buy PES.

Here's to TLW and Sopcast.

I already have.

I share a season ticket with a lad and sold my other half to him for this season and I'm not really sure if I will go back.

It's not really anything to do with the Yanks, nor Rafa (though I was getting fed up with him generally) - I don't know what it is, but I'm not bothered anymore.

It could be the wages, it could be the whole Sky messing around kick off times, it could be all of these things.

The frightening thing is that it's all happened relatively quickly. One day, I'm at Anfield, the next day I'd rather play Guitar Hero.

If we lose, I'm like, 'oh well'. In the past, it would spoil my weekend but not anymore.

I feel like I've lost my footy mojo and it feels strangely ok.

Simple answer, no.

But as long as we are not playing its come to a point now that unless it involves going to the pub to have a few with some mates then I do not watch even half the amount of matches I used to do.

I`m not as emotional about if we win or lose at the moment, but thats because I have given up on our manager and his priorities, but even if thats the case I still think we will win every game we play, call me delusional, but thats just how it is.

Cheers, You're delusional, fuck all to do with the above but still delusional.

As regards some of the shite written above by other posters, if the sale of a player could cause you to fall out of love with the club, then you really have no idea about the club's history. 96 fans being killed at a fucking match - that's something to make you turn yer back on football and the club, 39 killed at heysel - again something to make people turn their back on football.

People who lost family at Hilsborough did stop going the game, some of them never to return, some came back with the introduction of seats to the kop. A high proportion of them still hold the club as something dear to them, no matter which moneyed arseholes run the club, or which overpaid wankers are on the staff.

To turn your back on Liverpool Football Club, due to the ownership or a player being sold does the families a disservice, and I BELIEVE is a fair indicator of someone who does not have the passion required to call themselves a Liverpool supporter.

Modern football is horrible: a heavily-branded entertainment "experience". When The Kop got a McDonalds, I packed in for a while, giving my ticket to a mate. I came back.

We've got corporate incidental music, electronic advertising hoardings, and (thank goodness it's only at away games) Smashy and Nicey MCs.

Sky stole our game and sold it back to us at a hugely inflated price. (Ah, that rings a bell...) We should have stuck together at the time and said, "no". We didn't. Apathy has resulted in Tim Lovejoy. We reap what we sow.

BUT I LOVE LIVERPOOL AND ALWAYS WILL.

So you admit your talking shite, nice one.

Codey, stick to your absurd f"ootballing facts and statistics" schtick.

People at least find that funny (if a bit pathetic).

I would warn you away from this kind of argument, because you're fucking shit at them.

Oh wait. You're fucking shit at "footballing facts and statistics" arguments too.

You laughable, vaguely loveable, fucking clown.

Seriously?

I'm amazed anybody watches that. A bunch of wimps pushing eachother around a field while dressed up like a medieval knight, with stoppages every few seconds.

Seriously. Just watch last night's game between Arizona and Green Bay. It was awesome.

wheather going to games or watching us on the box i loved watcching us. this season seems diffrent i dont know it,s like there is no soul i have missed games this season sometimes down to work commitments, but it is like our club is dying on it,s feet if torres and gerrard where to be sold id be devastated.and it would really knock everyone for 10 i hate the way football has gone in genreal money money!!! agents stirring shite overhyped spoilt footballers who have lost all touch with the common football fan.