You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article is mischevous because it does not have any quote by Nando. That said, we shouldn't be complacent about his long term future with us if we are amongst the also rans.

My best guess is we will get one year of 'loyalty' from Nando if we are outside the Champions League. More than that and he will be off, and I honestly wouldn't blame him.

The only possible good news about this article is that it points out what is at stake given the shambolic way we are being run off the pitch.

Is it really that bad? 25.000 at Anfield that doesn't mind our owners? That's really mind blowing info.
Sorry I meant 25000 who haven't got a clue about the shit the club is in with Cancer + Aids at the helm. That was just of the people who were at the game today. Then we have the head in the sand mob. That's another 5000. Then we have the, Oh it will all be OK were Liverpool gang. Another 5000. So out of the 40000 Reds at the game today that leaves about 5000 who realise just how much shite we're in and only about 2-300 of them are members of SOS.

Hope this helps.

if i was him id certainly be thinking about leaving,

whether we finish in the top 4 or not, we all know we wont wont win either the champions league or the league anytime soon, so why should he waste his best years here

there`s no point in being one of the best strikers the world has ever seen, but finish your career without a medal to show for it

of course id love to see him stay, but i would not begrudge him a move away, once its out of the premiership, if its in the premiership, ill have to hate him :yes:

Look at it from Torres point of view.

He loves Athletico Madrid as they are his home club and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the last couple of years of his career go back there.

He loves Liverpool but he also has stated that he loves the city Liverpool as well.

He is amongst the top strikers in Europe and any team who could afford him would try their best.

He left Madrid not because he wanted to enjoy a plate of scouse but because he felt Liverpool were on the verge of something special and under Rafa it seemed would be challenging to win the Champions League every season.

If we were to regress then the main reason he left Madrid to join Liverpool is then not be happening and he would be looking at pastures new.

Top players like Torres will not be looking at the money side of things because he is already rich and earning a fortune at Liverpool.

What he will do is look at the potential for winning trophies and if that is not going to happen then it won't only be Torres looking for the exit door.

Guest alscarface

An article by Chris (who is this fucking sellout hasbeen) Bascombe.

I think i may take it with a pinch of salt.

But in reallity, if we show no ambition in the next 2 or 3 years, (with transfers and investment ), then a few players might think about their commitment to the club.

But it wont happen next summer.

An article by Chris (who is this fucking sellout hasbeen) Bascombe.

I think i may take it with a pinch of salt.

But in reallity, if we show no ambition in the next 2 or 3 years, (with transfers and investment ), then a few players might think about their commitment to the club.

But it wont happen next summer.

it`ll be sooner than you think, torres is nearly 26, he`ll be 29 in 3 years, sure for a striker thats nearly the end of the line, so why wait

im not going on the article here, but hand on heart, there`s no way id blame him for leaving, we`re going backwards, and the other teams around us are going forwards, its bound to happen

Sorry I meant 25000 who haven't got a clue about the shit the club is in with Cancer + Aids at the helm. That was just of the people who were at the game today. Then we have the head in the sand mob. That's another 5000. Then we have the' date=' Oh it will all be OK were Liverpool gang. Another 5000. So out of the 40000 Reds at the game today that leaves about 5000 who realise just how much shite we're in and only about 2-300 of them are members of SOS.

Hope this helps.[/quote']

The 'education' of these fans might well be key to SOS getting the main message taken seriously. I think that the marches have probably achieved as much as they can in this regard. A former player, manager or LFC icon on the books at SOS would make some more people take notice.

Kenny's working for the other side now, unfortunately.

Guest alscarface
it`ll be sooner than you think, torres is nearly 26, he`ll be 29 in 3 years, sure for a striker thats nearly the end of the line, so why wait

im not going on the article here, but hand on heart, there`s no way id blame him for leaving, we`re going backwards, and the other teams around us are going forwards, its bound to happen

But dont you think he will give us a year or two after this season?

I think he will.

that article is terrible, you can tell his editor just said to him get me a story about Torres wanting to leave and he couldn't find any quotes or evidence so just wrote it out of his own thoughts.

As for whether he really wants to leave, some people make out like the club exists to do well for Gerrard and Torres, well I'm sorry but Gerrard and Torres are there to do well for the club and we should be telling them to play better if they want the club to do better

But dont you think he will give us a year or two after this season?

I think he will.

put yourself in his shoes, hand on heart, can you see us winning the league or the champions lague in the next 5 years?

thats all im saying, maybe Nando is different, but he`s an athlete, and a competitive one at that, so i can only imagine he`s not happy with the debacle that we`ve become, who would????

I can't even read this stuff as he's my fave player and it gets my back right up, but I'd like to think that he loves this club that much that even a truly fucked up shambolic season won't be enough to make him want to leave. Ok, two seasons like that and who knows, but I really think he'll definitely stay even if we finished seventh or eighth, and were in a proper mess. If that happened the season after though.....I can't even think about it.

I wouldn't blame Torres for leaving. He can walk into any team in the world and right now he's at the 7th or 8th best team in England. He's 25 and hasn't won a thing in his club career and maybe he'll think it's time he thought about moving to a club that can actually challenge for and win the big prizes. Can't see too many realistic destinations for him outside of England. Maybe Barca or Inter. Real could afford him but he'd never go there.

But the sad reality is that only another scummy English club, namely Chelsea, City and ManUre can afford to sign him.

Other clubs in Europe just don't have the sort of cash we'd demand for selling Torres.

I would go even further and estimate that there are at least 5,000 who couldn't even name our owners. Or know a single thing about them. At the fiorentina match a couple of weeks ago, I heard a man (around the age of about 27) ask his mate "who is that statue of?" It was Shanks.

Was the bloke a Liverpool fan?

Happy with that article. It basically says that the owners are shite and unless something changes damn soon then the big names that can have this club possibly challenging for a top 4 spot will bugger off and leave us a mid table nothing club that is worth fuck all in the open market and will make it a tethered asset to its debt that can't be managed.

I reckon Chris Bascombe is one of the most insightful and best informed football journalists in the history of the ball and foot game that we call 'football'. The Ranger? Fuck off! Henry Rose? Fuck off! That Welsh guy with one hand who wrote (with difficulty) for all sorts of newspapers and periodicals during the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s and.......that time when he died.....? Fuck off! Death shall not have him, doubt shall not undermine him, being a Red will not compromise him and being a fucking mug twat will not diminish his grip on the virgin views of TLW pussies. Bascombe is The Word!