You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you know he hasn't been briefed off the record ? Only a couple of weeks ago we had Rafa being quoted as saying 'if Torres is sold he'll quit' Now had Rafa just dreamt up this notion of Torres being sold and gone on record with it or' date=' had he been told off the record that it may happen ?

If this storey is without foundation and given Rafa's relationship with CB and the NOTW I expect to see a full denial in all of tomorrows media outlets. I'm not going to hold my breath though.[/quote']

Good post

and as Coop brilliant post on this thread pointed out Torres will leave if we dont finish 4th fortunately outside of Gerrard and Mascher no clubs want our other players

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the one hand you have the actual Fernando Torres saying stuff like, "I am going to complete my contract with Liverpool at the very least. I am comfortable at this great club. Here you are respected as a great player."

On the other hand, you have Chris Bascombe, lacking any sources at all let alone credible ones.

Also saying that he thinks we need more money for players and that Rafa shouldn't be sacked. Whereas, Bascombe will imply that if Torres wants out it's because of Rafa.

Also saying that he thinks we need more money for players and that Rafa shouldn't be sacked. Whereas, Bascombe will imply that if Torres wants out it's because of Rafa.

The article in post 1 of the thread does read as a larger criticism of "the club", mentioning resources and such like.

Are there really implications about Rafa being to blame?

The article in post 1 of the thread does read as a larger criticism of "the club", mentioning resources and such like.

Are there really implications about Rafa being to blame?

Week 1. Man A says Rafa's shit.

Week 2. Man A says Rafa's shit

Week 3. Man A says Is it time to cut the owners some slack?

Week 4. Man A says Rafa's shit.

Week 5. Man A says best player might leave if the team don't finish 4th.

He's repeatedly implied that he doesn't think Rafa is up to the job, he's also on record as saying that he thinks the owners should be cut some slack. It doesn't take Aaron Beck to analyse his intentions. It's always best to look to the bigger picture when trying to understand somebody's intentions.

On the one hand you have the actual Fernando Torres saying stuff like, "I am going to complete my contract with Liverpool at the very least. I am comfortable at this great club. Here you are respected as a great player."

On the other hand, you have Chris Bascombe, lacking any sources at all let alone credible ones.

Dream on. Bascombe has sources at the club.

Look at it from Torres point of view.

He loves Athletico Madrid as they are his home club and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the last couple of years of his career go back there.

He loves Liverpool but he also has stated that he loves the city Liverpool as well.

He is amongst the top strikers in Europe and any team who could afford him would try their best.

He left Madrid not because he wanted to enjoy a plate of scouse but because he felt Liverpool were on the verge of something special and under Rafa it seemed would be challenging to win the Champions League every season.

If we were to regress then the main reason he left Madrid to join Liverpool is then not be happening and he would be looking at pastures new.

Top players like Torres will not be looking at the money side of things because he is already rich and earning a fortune at Liverpool.

What he will do is look at the potential for winning trophies and if that is not going to happen then it won't only be Torres looking for the exit door.

Just quoting you again for people who dont get it, great post this one

Of course, because Bascombe doesn't know or speak to any of the players at all. Oh, hang on.....

Bascombe speaking to senior players isn't the same as all Bascombe's stories come from senior players nor is it the same as all Bascombe's stories come from senior players and all are therefore true.

FERNANDO TORRES' long- term loyalty for Liverpool is being stretched to its limit with the club battling to keep him beyond this season.

Torres has consistently committed himself to the Liverpool cause but that is conditional on the club proving they can fulfil his ambitions.

The Spaniard has become troubled by the shambolic events on and off the pitch in recent months and is seeking assurances the club will sort themselves out before the start of next season.

Failure to finish in the top four and the continued presence of the current hierarchy would mean only blind faith could keep Torres at Anfield.

Both Torres and skipper Steven Gerrard want to know if the club are likely to find the resources to undergo another major overhaul of the squad before next season.

With guarantees of a brighter future in woefully short supply, the grimmest of campaigns is on the threshold of getting even worse without leadership from the top.

Few if any implications that it is Rafa's fault in the whole thing.

"Ah, but that's where he's being really clever".

Bascombe speaking to senior players isn't the same as all Bascombe's stories come from senior players nor is it the same as all Bascombe's stories come from senior players and all are therefore true.

Who said it was Dirk? You're attributing me of saying or even implying something that I did not say or even imply. I was just pointing out to those who think that Bascombe has no sources at the club are incorrect.

For the record, I don't have an opinion on whether Bascombe has based this story on fact, conjecture, tittle tattle or bullshit, I just think those that automatically assume it's bullshit are a little naive.

If we win nothing this year, and end up miles off the pace, Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano, Reina may all decide there's nothing to be gained from hanging around for another year - whether Bascombe says it or not. Whether you feel it's all because of the owners/Benitez, all despite owners/Benitez or degrees of either or both - again, that's up to you.

Oh they exist alright. There was about 25000 of them at Anfield today. Thats just for starters.

Yep, Its fucking frightening the amount of people that think they're OK, seriously! Makes my blood boil. They're cunts of the highest order and they need fucking off, until then our club cant function or progress. CUNTS.

Its the uncomfortable truth im afraid , like a poster has said it dont matter if Bascombe writes it or not its something we may have to deal with im afraid , and who can blame him ? His loyalty to A.Madrid was to be admired as his loyalty with us but he left his boyhood team to pursue trophies and medals , nothing tells me he wouldnt leave us to do the same thing.

To be controversial, isn't this the exact message Torres would want to send to the owners if he could? Give the manager some money and show me you're serious, or I'm off?

Without the fans getting all judgemental on his arse?

And without leaving a trail of breadcrumbs back to himself?

By, say, getting that message to a journalist that a section of our support openly dislike, to a newspaper that no one in a million years would suspect him of colluding with?