You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look at it from Torres point of view.

He loves Athletico Madrid as they are his home club and i wouldn't be surprised to see him in the last couple of years of his career go back there.

He loves Liverpool but he also has stated that he loves the city Liverpool as well.

He is amongst the top strikers in Europe and any team who could afford him would try their best.

He left Madrid not because he wanted to enjoy a plate of scouse but because he felt Liverpool were on the verge of something special and under Rafa it seemed would be challenging to win the Champions League every season.

If we were to regress then the main reason he left Madrid to join Liverpool is then not be happening and he would be looking at pastures new.

Top players like Torres will not be looking at the money side of things because he is already rich and earning a fortune at Liverpool.

What he will do is look at the potential for winning trophies and if that is not going to happen then it won't only be Torres looking for the exit door.

Top Post

Sorry I meant 25000 who haven't got a clue about the shit the club is in with Cancer + Aids at the helm. That was just of the people who were at the game today. Then we have the head in the sand mob. That's another 5000. Then we have the' date=' Oh it will all be OK were Liverpool gang. Another 5000. So out of the 40000 Reds at the game today that leaves about 5000 who realise just how much shite we're in and only about 2-300 of them are members of SOS.

Hope this helps.[/quote']

The real problem for me and no offence meant to SOS is that there should be a different off shoot and name with the stated goal of getting rid of the owners with a celebrity leader

I think the meetings with Parry didnt do SoS any favour but I am grateful for all the efforts of everyone trying to bring about change

Trouble is that it doesn't say it loud enough.

Too many people have diverted attention away from the owners and onto Rafa. Whether Rafa has done enough with a negative budget for the last two years or not, he shouldn't have had a negative budget. But most of the arguments are over how he had money before that, or how he spent his negative budget.

And meanwhile the owners and Purslow can smile away to themselves knowing they've not got the finger pointed at them anywhere near as much any more.

Bascombe has created this climate of scepticism that surrounds his articles. One week he's writing things along the line of "Is it time to cut the owners some slack?" and then he's supposedly being highyl critical of them a few weeks later. This article doesn't seem like that to me, it seems like an extension of his brutal Rafa's an evil Spanish cunt who is ruining our club doctrine. If he wants people to take him seriously then he needs to be a lot more consistent and considered with his cogitations.

Edited by Dirk

Bascombe has created this climate of scepticism that surrounds his articles. One week he's writing things along the line of "Is it time to cut the owners some slack?" and then he's supposedly being highylu critical of them a few weeks later. This article doesn't seem like that to me, it seems like an extension of his brutal Rafa's an evil Spanish cunt who is ruining our club doctrine. If he wants people to take him seriously then he needs to be a lot more consistent and considered with his cogitations.

You are talking about the NOTW and mention "taken seriously". Nobody can be that thick...

He doesn't know that Torres will leave if we don't get 4th so he shouldn't write it.
How do you know he hasn't been briefed off the record ? Only a couple of weeks ago we had Rafa being quoted as saying 'if Torres is sold he'll quit' Now had Rafa just dreamt up this notion of Torres being sold and gone on record with it or, had he been told off the record that it may happen ?

If this storey is without foundation and given Rafa's relationship with CB and the NOTW I expect to see a full denial in all of tomorrows media outlets. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

How do you know he hasn't been briefed off the record ? Only a couple of weeks ago we had Rafa being quoted as saying 'if Torres is sold he'll quit' Now had Rafa just dreamt up this notion of Torres being sold and gone on record with it or' date=' had he been told off the record that it may happen ?

If this storey is without foundation and given Rafa's relationship with CB and the NOTW I expect to see a full denial in all of tomorrows media outlets. I'm not going to hold my breath though.[/quote']

I just don't believe that he knows Torres will leave if we don't get in the CL.

There's plenty of them mate.

Oh they exist alright. There was about 25000 of them at Anfield today. Thats just for starters.

Fucking shocking' date=' that.

Is it really that bad? 25.000 at Anfield that doesn't mind our owners? That's really mind blowing info.

Yup.

I would go even further and estimate that there are at least 5,000 who couldn't even name our owners. Or know a single thing about them. At the fiorentina match a couple of weeks ago, I heard a man (around the age of about 27) ask his mate "who is that statue of?" It was Shanks.

:wallbutt:

You would be surprised mostly foreign though.

But foreigners are mostly cunts anyway. :whistle:

I hope he's just made it up anyway.

On the one hand you have the actual Fernando Torres saying stuff like, "I am going to complete my contract with Liverpool at the very least. I am comfortable at this great club. Here you are respected as a great player."

On the other hand, you have Chris Bascombe, lacking any sources at all let alone credible ones.