You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Is Sam Allardyce tactics. I like Ngog, I don't think he's a world beater by any means but I think he makes a few good honest performances.

However when he is upfront on his own, he simply cannot function we end up in a situation where we did today that he is left to do everything on his own with very little support. It's no good for the lad and it's no good for ourselves. He simply does not have the experience to play in that sort of role.

It all stems back to the summer and the constant deployment of the two holding midfielders, a poster brought this up a while ago that we wouldn't achieve with this system, and he's been proven to be correct.

Had it been up to me until Aqui got fit I'd wherever possible be playing Gerrard back in midfield and Yossi upfront with Torres until , or playing in the hole. The trouble is with the Gerrard and Torres system is that only Gerrard and Torres can play that system, not one on their own with another. Only Yossi can give you something in the hole, I.E The United game.

Obviously we've been affected by injuries, but I think playing Ngog upfront on his own is just wrong, and despite our win today it was painful to see him upfront on his own.

Since Aqui is due a game soon I suppose the argument is moot, but I can't help but feel we could have handled this situation so much better. The two holding midfield players work against good sides, but is it really necessary against the weaker sides, especially when you play the lone striker with Ngog?

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When we aren't playing well , Steven starts dropping deeper to look for the ball & the sole striker gets outnumbered.

When you have got the best striker in the world playing you can often get away with this , but when you have a raw young striker playing it is not usually going to end well.

When we aren't playing well , Steven starts dropping deeper to look for the ball & the sole striker gets outnumbered.

When you have got the best striker in the world playing you can often get away with this , but when you have a raw young striker playing it is not usually going to end well.

But when you play a player like Ngog upfront on his own with the two holding midfield players, you essentially pose no attacking threat.

But when you play a player like Ngog upfront on his own with the two holding midfield players, you essentially pose no attacking threat.

Add a left back and Kuyt in the wide "attacking" positions and an obviously injured Gerrard behind him and you always will get problems.

The fact Rafa picked Aurelio in the position he did today is what worries me the most.

Alright, I didn't realise those games were less important to score goals in.

I agree that we could do Ngog and the team a favour by going with two upfront when Torres is injured. The Allardyce comparison is stupid, in my opinion.

I just don't see what two games against mediocre opposition where we eventually played shit prove.

Is Sam Allardyce tactics. I like Ngog, I don't think he's a world beater by any means but I think he makes a few good honest performances.

However when he is upfront on his own, he simply cannot function we end up in a situation where we did today that he is left to do everything on his own with very little support. It's no good for the lad and it's no good for ourselves. He simply does not have the experience to play in that sort of role.

It all stems back to the summer and the constant deployment of the two holding midfielders, a poster brought this up a while ago that we wouldn't achieve with this system, and he's been proven to be correct.

Had it been up to me until Aqui got fit I'd wherever possible be playing Gerrard back in midfield and Yossi upfront with Torres until , or playing in the hole. The trouble is with the Gerrard and Torres system is that only Gerrard and Torres can play that system, not one on their own with another. Only Yossi can give you something in the hole, I.E The United game.

Obviously we've been affected by injuries, but I think playing Ngog upfront on his own is just wrong, and despite our win today it was painful to see him upfront on his own.

Since Aqui is due a game soon I suppose the argument is moot, but I can't help but feel we could have handled this situation so much better. The two holding midfield players work against good sides, but is it really necessary against the weaker sides, especially when you play the lone striker with Ngog?

Haha, it must sicken you that we won today. Fuck off with your rehearsed complaints you cunt. If this is all you have to say on a day when we beat Everton then you really are a waste of space. Every fucking post you put on here is attacking the manager, you even find an excuse to do it on the day we beat our rivals. It's fucking pathetic, you're no longer a Liverpool supporter, you're a Rafa antagonist.

Haha, it must sicken you that we won today. Fuck off with your rehearsed complaints you cunt. If this is all you have to say on a day when we beat Everton then you really are a waste of space. Every fucking post you put on here is attacking the manager, you even find an excuse to do it on the day we beat our rivals. It's fucking pathetic, you're no longer a Liverpool supporter, you're a Rafa antagonist.

I was just making a general point, not on this game, but on the season in general.

I'm delighted we beat Everton.

Anyway what is with the tone, any need?

I was just making a general point, not on this game, but on the season in general.

I'm delighted we beat Everton.

Anyway what is with the tone, any need?

I'm just sick of the constant droning attacks on our manager, you pull things out of context repeatedly and twist things to suit your agenda. It's really tiresome. I think you've set yourself on being anti-Rafa and you're determined to prove you're right even if the facts don't support your argument.

You would have found something to attack him for this evening no matter what team he put out.

I'm just sick of the constant droning attacks on our manager, you pull things out of context repeatedly and twist things to suit your agenda. It's really tiresome. I think you've set yourself on being anti-Rafa and you're determined to prove you're right even if the facts don't support your argument.

You would have found something to attack him for this evening no matter what team he put out.

Here we go? Agenda? My agenda is what I think is best for LFC.

I'm not Anti Rafa-I'm pro Liverpool

I'm determined to be proved right? Well thats bullshit.

And no I wouldn't, I stated in the other thread that a win in a Derby is all thats required, but considering how poor we where I think it's not too harsh to discuss it.