You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Debrecen Away 24/11/2009

Xherdan

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching the match today was a truly depressing experience - especially the last 15 minutes when I was nearly crying with the total lack of structure of the team.

Reina was a spectator for 88 mins but still looked nervous

Carra was ok

Agger was best player IMO

Johnson was abject

Insua was woeful today and looked like he had no confidence in him.

Lucas was ineffective and got in the way a lot - should've scored a header

Masch was average

Kuyt was shit as per usual (FUCK OFF DIRK your not good enough to be a striker and you are even worse as a right winger - shit first touch, no pace, never beats a man - all he does is clap clap clap - piss off & just give up)

Gerrard showed passion atleast

Aurelio is not fit but played ok

Ngog was effective at times but quite simply he just doesn't have the ability to play in a top 10 team in the PL let alone CL - sad state of affairs when he is our back-up striker.

I don't know what the solution is but I do hope Rafa leaves at the end of the season - this simply cannot continue!

Apart from the opening 10 minutes, that was an awful pedestrian display by the team tonight. The number of occasions the ball went backwards just to retain possession, simply because one of our players hadn't thought about what he was going to do before receiving the ball, was highly irritating for me. Without reading the whole thread, I know the usual culprits identified by our baying mob, but here's my take on the players' performances tonight (not giving any marks out of ten).

Reina - very little to do, but made a vital block in stoppage time.

Johnson - lacked sharpness, understandable considering his injury. Because he didn't/couldn't bomb forward enough, Kuyt ended up staying out wide too often, meaning we hadn't enough players in the box when the ball went out wide.

Carragher -we know he's a quality defender, but he's often far too "safety-first" during these slump periods the club seems to suffer frequently. I know he tries to retain possession but more importantly, he's inviting the opposition to push out further, drawing attackers closer to our back line. This increases the chances of our defence making errors. He was unlucky with that header from the corner though, and was largely untroubled.

Agger - showed glimpses of his ability to play out from the back, including that run after which I was begging him to shoot rather than lay off for Gerrard. I thought he did well and tried to pull the defensive line further forward to squeeze play. A few stray passes.

Insua - a bit hit and miss, as he got into good positions only to be wasteful. Needs to work on his concentration because when he lapses, the defence is frequently opened up.

Lucas - nothing showy (as usual) but hustled hard and kept the play moving as best as he could. He needed to keep play moving a lot quicker than he did, because he was the one charged with setting the tempo. Will make proper contact with a header fairly soon I think.

Mascherano - I thought he did well to not deliberately drop deep in search of the ball, allowing the team to move forward as a unit. Didn't get enough movement ahead of him to do anything constructive however.

Aurelio - final delivery was a bit hit and miss, and he's a player more likely to find a pass because of the good movement of others rather than his own mobility. Look knackered near the end.

Gerrard - another who lacked the sharpness required to really drive the team forward. This is usually evident in the way he strikes the ball at goal, where he leans back much more when he's not quite on his game.

Kuyt - hate to single players out but he really stunk the place out tonight. Other than one good cross which noone attacked in the second half, he had the touch of a rapist all night. Time and again moves floundered when the ball was at his feet (or not!). I do think it would be a wise move to drop him because he's not being played as a forward even with our lack of forward options. We don't need him on the pitch if his sole influence on a match is just an extension of defensive midfield play.

Ngog - fine movement for his goal, and did well to hold the ball up, especially in the first half. He tired towards the end, so considering he will likely be required against Everton, being subbed was a wise move. The one player who is visibly gaining in confidence.

Benayoun, Dossena and Aquilani - no time to make any impact, especially Aquilani! Not sure why that change was necessary at that time.

Because it made me laugh when I saw it and very far from a laughing mood this evening. Good enough for you?

Actually, yes it is. I assumed it was a pointless dig at Rafa (there's plenty of other things to have a go at him for). I apologise for my smart arse reply.

I can see this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHY CAN I SEE THIS?!?!?!?!?!?!

MODERATORS!!!! SORT THE IGNORE FUNCTION PLEASE!!!

Oh grow up you bi-polar child. Christ you are so tiresome.

How hard is it to just ignore my posts? There hardly feckin' shock-jock stuff. But no, you have to build it all up for the forum. Idiot.

Can anybody explain how a team with 1% of our budget could have made us struggle so much against them. I wonder what their wage bill is?

Oooh, I think I know. Is it because of a philosophy that is focused on fitness over flair and guile, which restricts movement throughout the team, allowing any organised team to just sit back and close down the space?

Or maybe its just the money...

Edited by Jose M

tbf to ngog hes at least scoring. if he was at man united welbeck and macheda and owen wouldnt be getting games or headlines. fair play to the lad the last couple of games. chucked in at the deep end in what is a pretty poor liverpool team yet he hasnt hidden. dont think he wanted to come off tonight either. give him a break ffs.

I just don't rate him mate. Fair enough he didn't cost much and is probably doing as well as can be expected, but he's too slow, his touch is generally crap and he can't possibly fill the boots of player like to a Torres. We needed another striker, either someone who could partner Torres or someone who wasn't from the top drawer but could come in and look a threat when Torres was either injured or needed a rest, preferably a player with experience, maybe coming to the end of their career. If Torres missed the rest of the season (god forbid) we'd struggle to finish in the European places if N'Gog was to remain our back-up. Any money we have for January (and that Tony Evans piece in The Times seemed to indicate none) must be spent on a centre forward.

I just don't rate him mate. Fair enough he didn't cost much and is probably doing as well as can be expected, but he's too slow, his touch is generally crap and he can't possibly fill the boots of player like to a Torres. We needed another striker, either someone who could partner Torres or someone who wasn't from the top drawer but could come in and look a threat when Torres was either injured or needed a rest, preferably a player with experience, maybe coming to the end of their career. If Torres missed the rest of the season (god forbid) we'd struggle to finish in the European places if N'Gog was to remain our back-up. Any money we have for January (and that Tony Evans piece in The Times seemed to indicate none) must be spent on a centre forward.

N'Gog is shit.

He's the very thinnest straw that any completely blind Liverpool fan is currently desperately grasping with all his might.

Apparently they spent a total of £1.5m last year.

We pay Phillip Degen that much every 35 weeks.

You motherfucker.

I'm about to go to bed and that's the last post I read. You utter bastard, Thomas.

Fuck me, I'm depressed.

Night all.