You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hillsborough Sculpture For New Stadium

Dicko

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, sorry, I thought the second one was another possible sculpture and not the letter.

I don't like it I have to say. What's wrong with the memorial at the ground? Why is another one needed (or is this to replace the eternal flame whcih would be worse again?) which will, regardless of what the HFSG think, turn out to be another memorial and not a story-telling statue?

At first glance it looks like a mixture of a high jump and rugby trophy. I'd like to see it up close as I'm sure a lot of thought had been put into the detail which cannot be seen from that shot.

Agreed, I'd like to see a scale model before passing judgement. It is after all a photograph of a poster.

Not enough detail to make up my mind.

It's clearly meant to mirror the scenes where people in the upper were pulling people in the lower out of the crush, but I think it... over dramatises isn't the words I'm looking for but I can't think exactly how to describe it. It's like making a dramatic art piece out of a bitter tragedy. It just unsettles me slighty.

I feel there's nothing wrong with the eternal flame. I think it's a respectful, understated but constant presence (on the logo etc) I wouldn't be happy to see that commissioned.

I don't like it. I'd like something similar but prehaps the figures could be in the form of a fan pulling another fan up from the stand below? Thats one of the most resounding images I remember when I see footage of Hillsborough. It kind of already looks like that but I think it could be tweaked a bit of so.

I think it is horrible to be honest.

Do you think we need to see a scupture showing people getting crushed against bars to remember what happened that sad day?

While were at it lets have a sculpture of some scousers knocking down a wall for a heysel memorial, a sculpture of a man holding a gun to another mans head for a John Lennon memorial and a big fuck off ice axe for an anthony walker memorial.

What would be wrong with making a nice memorial incorporating the current eternal flame but make it more of a showpiece? ie some nice benches around it or something?

I, for one, dont want to see people crushed against bars shoving people to safety as a hillsborough memorial. Maybe its just me though.

I think it is horrible to be honest.

Do you think we need to see a scupture showing people getting crushed against bars to remember what happened that sad day?

While were at it lets have a sculpture of some scousers knocking down a wall for a heysel memorial, a sculpture of a man holding a gun to another mans head for a John Lennon memorial and a big fuck off ice axe for an anthony walker memorial.

What would be wrong with making a nice memorial incorporating the current eternal flame but make it more of a showpiece? ie some nice benches around it or something?

I, for one, dont want to see people crushed against bars shoving people to safety as a hillsborough memorial. Maybe its just me though.

Maybe going a little further than i would of in parts but i do totally agree with you.