You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What constitutes the perfect cooked breakfast?

ISeeRed

Beans with a full English?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Beans with a full English?

• Aye, bean me up, Scotty.
    • Nay, poke your beans up your bum, one at a time.

4 minutes ago, Dougie Do'ins said:

It's not something I'd try but why is it acceptable to put apple sauce on pork or cranberry sauce on turkey  ?

I dont use either, I prefer horseradish and have it with all roasts (Only a little bit) and I've always been anti apple/cranberry sauce but I did have a pork roll at a festival once and it had apple sauce on. It was one of the nicest things I've ever eaten. 

Mint sauce is for paedophiles. Why would you ruin a nice bit of lamb with mint fucking sauce? 

5 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

I dont use either, I prefer horseradish and have it with all roasts (Only a little bit) and I've always been anti apple/cranberry sauce but I did have a pork roll at a festival once and it had apple sauce on. It was one of the nicest things I've ever eaten. 

Mint sauce is for paedophiles. Why would you ruin a nice bit of lamb with mint fucking sauce? 

In mints defence,  at least it's a herb.

You're mad, Stig. Lamb is great because it has a strong flavour that can compliment mint. Great on a winter roast with the vinegar mixing with the cabbage a bit too.

The bit I don't get is people buying the stuff, mint spreads like [hilarious but insulting simile - fuck off it's Monday and I'm tired], it's just mint and vinegar, make your own.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Pidge said:

You're mad, Stig. Lamb is great because it has a strong flavour that can compliment mint. Great on a winter roast with the vinegar mixing with the cabbage a bit too.

The bit I don't get is people buying the stuff, mint spreads like [hilarious but insulting simile - fuck off it's Monday and I'm tired], it's just mint and vinegar, make your own.

Mint sauce is for cunts mate x 

• Downvote 1

23 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I learnt this the hard way. I wanted to grow herbs so planted chives, rosemary and mint all in one long trough. The mint just spread everywhere    

1 hour ago, lifetime fan said:

The difference in attitude between Ramsey and Giorgio Locatelli. 

Over 10 years ago Locatelli insisted on paying even his pot wash staff at least £16k a year. 

Locatelli is a god in my eyes. Have one of his cookery books. The fucking man.

• Upvote 1