You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I am not a racist and I find it insulting the fact you are implying I am a racist.

I also find certain posts on this thread to be wide of the mark implying that I have somehow been responsible for causing the Polish workers to feel some sort of need to sit isolated on their own as I have alienated them through wearing Union Jack clothing and snarling at them. The fact is I only have a Union Jack on my mug at home and on top of that Polish people are the ones in my experience who are responsible for forming cliques in the work place. As these people are only here for a short while and as they come over to work with friends they as such feel no need to integrate with society or the work place as it suits their situation as they are not going to be in the country for too long. By also having people imply that I am victimising these poor soles I also find wide of the mark. From my experience these people generally couldn't give a shit about the country or the people who live here and are in fact only here as an opportunity arose for them to come to work which they took up. As a result of the fact they are only taking advantage of an opportunity to visit the country and they have no plans to stay here long term they don't feel the need to even like this country. Now if there was one Polish person who was married working for a company who was married then I wouldn't for a minute believe they would be anything other than decent and a joy to work with. The truth in my experience is they come over with their family friends for a short term for no other reason than an opportunity arose for them to travel to the UK. I find it quite laughable that I am being told that I am in the wrong and I am a nasty snarling Union Jack wearing racists by a load of people on a football forum who don't know a thing about me yet who while insulting me are accusing me of being guilty of what they are doing. Once more it is a democratic vote and yet these people who know nothing about me are telling me who I should be voting for at risk of being insulted by them.

To sum up I am not a racist, I don't go around snarling and insulting people and I don't go forcing people into cliques by my narrow mindedness unlike some people on this forum.

That was a party political broadcast on behalf of the UK Independence Party.

• Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

They might stay longer if you are more friendly to them.

Never once been unfriendly to them, maybe they should try being a bit more friendly towards people.

From my experience these people generally couldn't give a shit about the country or the people who live here and are in fact only here as an opportunity arose for them to come to work which they took up. As a result of the fact they are only taking advantage of an opportunity to visit the country and they have no plans to stay here long term they don't feel the need to even like this country. Now if there was one Polish person who was married working for a company who was married then I wouldn't for a minute believe they would be anything other than decent and a joy to work with. The truth in my experience is they come over with their family friends for a short term for no other reason than an opportunity arose for them to travel to the UK.

To sum up I am not a racist, I don't go around snarling and insulting people and I don't go forcing people into cliques by my narrow mindedness unlike some people on this forum.

Maybe you should just tell your boss to stop employing people on a short-term basis.

Tell 'em to fuck the polish folk off unless they're married and have a union jack mug at home. 

• Upvote 1

I am not a racist and I find it insulting the fact you are implying I am a racist.

I also find certain posts on this thread to be wide of the mark implying that I have somehow been responsible for causing the Polish workers to feel some sort of need to sit isolated on their own as I have alienated them through wearing Union Jack clothing and snarling at them. The fact is I only have a Union Jack on my mug at home and on top of that Polish people are the ones in my experience who are responsible for forming cliques in the work place. As these people are only here for a short while and as they come over to work with friends they as such feel no need to integrate with society or the work place as it suits their situation as they are not going to be in the country for too long. By also having people imply that I am victimising these poor soles I also find wide of the mark. From my experience these people generally couldn't give a shit about the country or the people who live here and are in fact only here as an opportunity arose for them to come to work which they took up. As a result of the fact they are only taking advantage of an opportunity to visit the country and they have no plans to stay here long term they don't feel the need to even like this country. Now if there was one Polish person who was married working for a company who was married then I wouldn't for a minute believe they would be anything other than decent and a joy to work with. The truth in my experience is they come over with their family friends for a short term for no other reason than an opportunity arose for them to travel to the UK. I find it quite laughable that I am being told that I am in the wrong and I am a nasty snarling Union Jack wearing racists by a load of people on a football forum who don't know a thing about me yet who while insulting me are accusing me of being guilty of what they are doing. Once more it is a democratic vote and yet these people who know nothing about me are telling me who I should be voting for at risk of being insulted by them.

I think some people are too easy to dismiss the concerns of people affected by areas with high immigration. It can have an effect on local services or certain kinds of jobs for example and these concerns can be dismissed by people who don't suffer from the same issues. A builder who loses work to immigrants for example, while I think there are bigger issues such as the people at the top exploiting these issues to keep wages low, I could understand them wanting to vote UKIP. Just about.

You, on the other hand, have a quite frankly stupid reason for voting for them. You aren't voting for a party based on the economy, you aren't basing it on the state of the NHS, you aren't basing it on tax or childcare or any of the other countless things that matter. You are voting UKIP because some Polish people keep to themselves and speak in their native language.

What the fuck has that got to do with you? Why does it even bother you? You get loads of different cliques in a workplace, your stance makes no sense. 

• Upvote 2

Never once been unfriendly to them, maybe they should try being a bit more friendly towards people.

Do you fancy at least trying a little bit of honesty and self-awareness, Tommy?

Come on, be honest with everyone so they can appraise you fairly, as you're insulted by people casting an opinion when they don't know your full situation, rather than just irritated at not being able to spout offensive, poorly-thought through remarks to a receptive or at worst unquestioning and silent audience.

How welcoming personally were you to said Polish workers, before their arsehole behaviour was the sole factor that made you turn off the tap on the milk of human kindness?

Are you absolutely certain you didn't give off the hostile air of you're in my house so you can come and speak to me, and if you don't make the effort then it's not my problem? Or the suspicious air of why are you coming into my workplace with an eye on my job?

If not, can you see how that may radiate a certain unfriendly vibe that they should remain at arm's length?

• Upvote 1

Guest Super Sub

And made it more like yours?

hmmm...

Maybe you should just tell your boss to stop employing people on a short-term basis.

Tell 'em to fuck the polish folk off unless they're married and have a union jack mug at home.

Not said anything of the sort. I find that a lot of Eastern Europeans are quite institutionally racist I. They are not Neo Nazi style racists but there is definitely nuances of it, but I think that is down more to the fact they don't come from multicultural countries.

I think some people are too easy to dismiss the concerns of people affected by areas with high immigration. It can have an effect on local services or certain kinds of jobs for example and these concerns can be dismissed by people who don't suffer from the same issues. A builder who loses work to immigrants for example, while I think there are bigger issues such as the people at the top exploiting these issues to keep wages low, I could understand them wanting to vote UKIP. Just about.

You, on the other hand, have a quite frankly stupid reason for voting for them. You aren't voting for a party based on the economy, you aren't basing it on the state of the NHS, you aren't basing it on tax or childcare or any of the other countless things that matter. You are voting UKIP because some Polish people keep to themselves and speak in their native language.

What the fuck has that got to do with you? Why does it even bother you? You get loads of different cliques in a workplace, your stance makes no sense.

People forming friendships are one thing but when the cliques become an us against them that is a different matter. Polish have this attitude that they are somehow invaluable to the work place. They think they are better than everyone else in so much as they work harder than everyone else when in fact they do the same amount of work as everyone else. This coupled to the fact that they come over and don't attempt to integrate with anyone from outside their native country is quite insulting. As I said before they have this attitude they are the greatest workers in the country but coupled with that they then make comments about how they tried to get on the housing list and the local council was made up they had a job and offered them a house straight away. They also make comments about the number of young mums and how many kids they have and the fact they have no job yet drive a car. I know these are just comments that they are making to rile people, if anyone had said or done anything to bring about these comments then I can understand but the fact is it seems to fit with the Polish mentality that they can create their cliques and draw their lines for their own benefit.

Do you fancy at least trying a little bit of honesty and self-awareness, Tommy?

Come on, be honest with everyone so they can appraise you fairly, as you're insulted by people casting an opinion when they don't know your full situation, rather than just irritated at not being able to spout offensive, poorly-thought through remarks to a receptive or at worst unquestioning and silent audience.

How welcoming personally were you to said Polish workers, before their arsehole behaviour was the sole factor that made you turn off the tap on the milk of human kindness?

Are you absolutely certain you didn't give off the hostile air of you're in my house so you can come and speak to me, and if you don't make the effort then it's not my problem? Or the suspicious air of why are you coming into my workplace with an eye on my job?

If not, can you see how that may radiate a certain unfriendly vibe that they should remain at arm's length?

I have worked since before they arrived and am working now with them and their is a dynamic in the workplace that hasn't existed before. I spoke to them as I would speak to anyone in work and that was welcoming. What I found very quickly was they were not interested in being sociable or integrating into the work force as other people are. As I have posted above some of their comments and attitudes are completely not on. The bottom line is they are not here for the long term they are here for a few years at most and as a result they create a situation that suits them which is generally not suitable for anyone else.

• Downvote 1

Guest Super Sub

Not sure it's their attitude that needs the change.

Speaking from an uneducated point of view you are defending something you know nothing about. Some maybe it's your attitude that needs to change.

• Downvote 1

Polish have this attitude that they are somehow invaluable to the work place. They think they are better than everyone else in so much as they work harder than everyone else when in fact they do the same amount of work as everyone else. This coupled to the fact that they come over and don't attempt to integrate with anyone from outside their native country is quite insulting.

You don't want people to judge you because they don't know you, yet you feel you can make sweeping generalisations like this?

You're not exactly covering yourself in glory here, tommy.

People forming friendships are one thing but when the cliques become an us against them that is a different matter. Polish have this attitude that they are somehow invaluable to the work place. They think they are better than everyone else in so much as they work harder than everyone else when in fact they do the same amount of work as everyone else. This coupled to the fact that they come over and don't attempt to integrate with anyone from outside their native country is quite insulting. As I said before they have this attitude they are the greatest workers in the country but coupled with that they then make comments about how they tried to get on the housing list and the local council was made up they had a job and offered them a house straight away. They also make comments about the number of young mums and how many kids they have and the fact they have no job yet drive a car. I know these are just comments that they are making to rile people, if anyone had said or done anything to bring about these comments then I can understand but the fact is it seems to fit with the Polish mentality that they can create their cliques and draw their lines for their own benefit.

1: You haven't really responded to my post. Why is this THE most important issue for you in influencing who you vote for?

2: How many Polish people do you work with? You can't apply a characteristic to a whole nation of people based on meeting a few of them. What would you think if I said all Chinese people are lazy or all Indian people stink based on my experience of them? You'd probably - correctly - think I was a racist; yet you are doing the exact same thing to Polish people.

I find that a lot of Eastern Europeans are quite institutionally racist I. They are not Neo Nazi style racists but there is definitely nuances of it, but I think that is down more to the fact they don't come from multicultural countries.

Stood back gazing at the magnificence of this, like the work of art it is.

• Upvote 2

To be fair, I don't think insulting someone who comes on here to say they're voting UKIP is going to help, there are a million other ways to help though by pulling their manifesto apart & by pointing out some of the kinds of people who make up their party of choice. People really aren't doing themselves any favours by voting for a party like that & it shouldn't be too difficult to enlighten them as to the facts.

The fucking cunts.

• Upvote 1

Have you considered that the small sample of Polish people you have encountered may not be representative of a whole nation.

You may have just encountered some Polish cunts. Fuck me, there's enough fucking British cunts in the workplace isn't there?

Have you considered that the small sample of Polish people you have encountered may not be representative of a whole nation.

You may have just encountered some Polish cunts. Fuck me, there's enough fucking British cunts in the workplace isn't there?

You've set a pretty low threshold for cuntishness when even by Tommy's admission there only crime appears to be talking to each other. In Polish.

(One for the old crocks) Anyone else thinking of the Alas Smith and Jones racist police officer sketch?