You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

For the record I only voted for the Green Party in the local elections and I voted Green in St Michaels and voted for all three green councillors that are currently elected in St Michaels. Every General a Elections I voted labour. Like I have said I am not of the opinion that the individual people are to blame but my experience of working with EU immigrants has I feel left me with no option but to vote UKIP; because as I have stated I find them impossible to work with. To top it all off I am really not going to vote green in the local elections when the councillor is Polish. Now don't get me wrong I don't get involved in local politics apart from voting so if I am going to vote for someone it is someone who I feel an affinity towards and is going to represent me and my best interests.

Maybe they form their own little cliques and segregate themselves because they see knuckle dragging, union jack t shirt wearing mother fuckers snarling at them in work?

As a counterweight to your view I also work with Polish people and have nothing but nice things to say to them, but then I'm not a coward voting for a racist party while trying to pretend to be fair minded.

No I don't want to vote UKIP but I feel that even when the Green Party who I have always voted for is having Polish counsellors as well as the annoying fuckers in work then I feel I have no choice in the matter. I am not blaming Polish people for the state of the economy but I will just say that I find them impossible to work with. It's the little things like the way they sit there talking to each other in Polish. Or the way they form little cliques and segregate the work place, or the way they refuse to become part of the work force as a whole and instead create an us and them dynamic in the work force which they seem to not only enjoy but use it as a tool to benefit themselves instead of just trying to integrate with everyone else.

Maybe they just don't want to talk to a racist?

• Upvote 1

Maybe they form their own little cliques and segregate themselves because they see knuckle dragging, union jack t shirt wearing mother fuckers snarling at them in work?

As a counterweight to your view I also work with Polish people and have nothing but nice things to say to them, but then I'm not a coward voting for a racist party while trying to pretend to be fair minded.

As much as I disagree with Cardie a lot, I think he makes a good point here. We have a Polish girl in work who is married to an Englishman. Perfectly pleasant girl, but one who is isolated because the women around her all bitch about her. She doesn't get invited to their nights out, and nobody sits with her at lunch. They make it obvious, and the only reason is her nationality. I usually make a point of having a chat with her when I see her because she always looks a bit isolated and alone.

As much as I disagree with Cardie a lot, I think he makes a good point here. We have a Polish girl in work who is married to an Englishman. Perfectly pleasant girl, but one who is isolated because the women around her all bitch about her. She doesn't get invited to their nights out, and nobody sits with her at lunch. They make it obvious, and the only reason is her nationality. I usually make a point of having a chat with her when I see her because she always looks a bit isolated and alone.

And a bit fit?

• Upvote 2

If I hadn't read the article I wouldn't have posted. For the record I couldn't have given a shit whether she cut down trees or not I find it funny someone has snitched on her for cutting down trees.

Cutting down trees is the least of her crimes.  She's fucking Polish as well.

A WOMAN!!!

A Polish woman who probably speaks Polish among her own kind, no less.  Unlike all salt of the earth English types, who famously always switch into the native language when in a foreign country out of respect and the desire to integrate.

• Upvote 2

A Polish woman who probably speaks Polish among her own kind, no less.  Unlike all salt of the earth English types, who famously always switch into the native language when in a foreign country out of respect and the desire to integrate.

This has always been my experience in Spain. At no point have I ever pretended not to be English.

No I don't want to vote UKIP but I feel that even when the Green Party who I have always voted for is having Polish counsellors as well as the annoying fuckers in work then I feel I have no choice in the matter. I am not blaming Polish people for the state of the economy but I will just say that I find them impossible to work with. It's the little things like the way they sit there talking to each other in Polish. Or the way they form little cliques and segregate the work place, or the way they refuse to become part of the work force as a whole and instead create an us and them dynamic in the work force which they seem to not only enjoy but use it as a tool to benefit themselves instead of just trying to integrate with everyone else.

For the record I only voted for the Green Party in the local elections and I voted Green in St Michaels and voted for all three green councillors that are currently elected in St Michaels. Every General a Elections I voted labour. Like I have said I am not of the opinion that the individual people are to blame but my experience of working with EU immigrants has I feel left me with no option but to vote UKIP; because as I have stated I find them impossible to work with. To top it all off I am really not going to vote green in the local elections when the councillor is Polish. Now don't get me wrong I don't get involved in local politics apart from voting so if I am going to vote for someone it is someone who I feel an affinity towards and is going to represent me and my best interests.

Most aren't eligible to vote and if they are going to be allowed a vote then they should vote for the pro Polish party not the Green Party. It is also true that I can have a vote to represent me. People seem to imply that Polish are all lovely innocent people. The truth is from my experience is that very few of them are decent people the majority are a gang of arse holes who have more in common with eastern block football hooligans than the hard working immigrants looking to improve their lives impression people have of them. The truth is most are only here for a few years if that, they hate the country and generally seem to dislike the people who live here hence why they seem to enjoy so much forming cliques and not integrating into society.

Ths is a wind up, isnt it?

'I'm voting UKIP because the Polish people at my work talk to each other in their own language.' What????

Tommy has made me feel guilty about my own daily life over here in the Netherlands. From now on I will only speak Dutch with my English friends. I am also going to start wearing wooden shoes and will change my diet to one based on rubber cheese and chocolate sprinkles.

Ik ben niet normaal!

• Upvote 3

This has always been my experience in Spain. At no point have I ever pretended not to be English.

Was talking to Liverpool lad about this the other week at Arsenal, how often when you're moving around particularly Europe do you have to spend a good ten minutes winning someone over once they find out you're English. 

You can see the face drop and a glower spread across many people's features immediately.

Was talking to Liverpool lad about this the other week at Arsenal, how often when you're moving around particularly Europe do you have to spend a good ten minutes winning someone over once they find out you're English. 

You can see the face drop and a glower spread across many people's features immediately.

The only time it elicits anything approaching a positive response is when they take the opinion "At least you're not American, I suppose".

Tommy has made me feel guilty about my own daily life over here in the Netherlands. From now on I will only speak Dutch with my English friends. I am also going to start wearing wooden shoes and will change my diet to one based on rubber cheese and chocolate sprinkles. Ik ben niet normaal!

Cloggy at his job tomorrow:

netherland-dutch-world-cup-supporter-c2f

• Upvote 1

A day in the life of Tommy

Tommy arrives at work: 

Nigel-Farage.jpg

Tommy bumps into a polish colleague and has to listen to one of her jokes: 

nigel.jpeg?1420619824

Tommy goes to lunch and see's them all sitting together talking in polish:

Nigel-Farage.jpg

Tommy decides enough is enough and he's voting UKIP: 

page10ukip_2435377a.jpg

• Upvote 2

Guest Super Sub

Most aren't eligible to vote and if they are going to be allowed a vote then they should vote for the pro Polish party not the Green Party. It is also true that I can have a vote to represent me. People seem to imply that Polish are all lovely innocent people. The truth is from my experience is that very few of them are decent people the majority are a gang of arse holes who have more in common with eastern block football hooligans than the hard working immigrants looking to improve their lives impression people have of them. The truth is most are only here for a few years if that, they hate the country and generally seem to dislike the people who live here hence why they seem to enjoy so much forming cliques and not integrating into society.

HOW FUCKING DARE THEY!

Although, I must admit, the list few times I've been abroad I've mostly spoken my native language.

Maybe they just don't want to talk to a racist?

I am not a racist and I find it insulting the fact you are implying I am a racist.

I also find certain posts on this thread to be wide of the mark implying that I have somehow been responsible for causing the Polish workers to feel some sort of need to sit isolated on their own as I have alienated them through wearing Union Jack clothing and snarling at them. The fact is I only have a Union Jack on my mug at home and on top of that Polish people are the ones in my experience who are responsible for forming cliques in the work place. As these people are only here for a short while and as they come over to work with friends they as such feel no need to integrate with society or the work place as it suits their situation as they are not going to be in the country for too long. By also having people imply that I am victimising these poor soles I also find wide of the mark. From my experience these people generally couldn't give a shit about the country or the people who live here and are in fact only here as an opportunity arose for them to come to work which they took up. As a result of the fact they are only taking advantage of an opportunity to visit the country and they have no plans to stay here long term they don't feel the need to even like this country. Now if there was one Polish person who was married working for a company who was married then I wouldn't for a minute believe they would be anything other than decent and a joy to work with. The truth in my experience is they come over with their family friends for a short term for no other reason than an opportunity arose for them to travel to the UK. I find it quite laughable that I am being told that I am in the wrong and I am a nasty snarling Union Jack wearing racists by a load of people on a football forum who don't know a thing about me yet who while insulting me are accusing me of being guilty of what they are doing. Once more it is a democratic vote and yet these people who know nothing about me are telling me who I should be voting for at risk of being insulted by them.

To sum up I am not a racist, I don't go around snarling and insulting people and I don't go forcing people into cliques by my narrow mindedness unlike some people on this forum.

Guest Super Sub

You'd rather keep them out so they can't form the cliques that so offend you?

Wouldn't say I want them out I would much rather their attitude changed in all honesty.