You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The more I listen to the new album, the more I am convinced that it is a sign that they are going to be one of the greats if they stay together long enough

Albums for me

Whatever People..... - genius first album for kids but is it a one-off?

Favourite Worst Nightmare - progression proving they were not a one-great-album band but still a bit samey as the first one

Humbug - not for me at all, worst album and off in a direction that, whilst talented, was not one that I would follow

Suck it.... - back in the right arena but still not quite fulfilling the early potential

AM - the perfect mix between early promise, the Humbug direction that I wasn't keen on and the Suck It theme. Think they've got the right mix now and am interested again in where they might go next

The more I hear it the better it gets. Really looking forward to seeing them next month now. Don't know how I missed Bjornebye saying Kasabian are better, the fuck? Seriously, they can't touch them, and I say that as someone who quite likes Kasabian and has seen them live a couple of times.

• Upvote 1

do I wanna know...what an opener to their glasto show,it really got the crowd up for it only let down was the change in lyric for fake tales of sanfransico..the barmans a fucking wanker,i`m not have a nice time to the bands not very good,i`m not have a nice time.  I was chatting with Bono [he`s in a band called u2,there from Dublin I think] back stage at reading and he said it was due to his mother being in the crowd !!. but if you come across him you`ll know he talks shit when pissed.

• 1 month later...

Been working from home today and so had the latest album on repeat in the background. Can't fucking wait for this tonight. Really, really looking forward to it.

Just gutted that Knee Socks hasn't been getting an airing this tour. Class tune that.

I can't wait either mate, saw them at the Echo last time and they were boss. Looking forward to this more though as the new album is class. The Strypes will be decent as support too. They played Knee Socks the other day in Newcastle; this was the setlist for that gig:

14. (semi-acoustic)
  18. Encore:
  19. (semi-acoustic)

I can't wait either mate, saw them at the Echo last time and they were boss. Looking forward to this more though as the new album is class. The Strypes will be decent as support too. They played Knee Socks the other day in Newcastle; this was the setlist for that gig:

14. (semi-acoustic)
  18. Encore:
  19. (semi-acoustic)

Ah, good stuff. The setlist I saw was from when they played Manchester a few days ago and Knee Socks wasn't on it so I just assumed they weren't playing it. The one I saw had I Wanna Be Yours instead of Knee Socks as the last song before the encore.

Good to see Mardy Bum's back in. It was class at Glasto, getting the Don't Look Back In Anger treatment!

Surprised 505's been jibbed though. Thought that would be a stayer.

Anyway, my mate finishes uni today at four so I'm off to meet him in town for a few bevvies then. Can't remember the last time I was looking forward to a gig this much!

Listened to it earlier and on the second listen my original point of being a bit bland still stands.

Think some of the songs are a little too tongue in cheek really. Thinking of no.1 Party Anthem and Matt Heiders constant high pitched backing vocals on a number of tracks are examples that stand out two listens in. Do think they are having a laugh and taking the piss somewhat, but that's what Alex Turner is known for (and that's not a bad thing)

It's good/ok but great or an album of the year contender for me? No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Matt Heider's high pitched singing is irritating and only needs to be on about two or three tunes.

Saw a bit of Alex Turner on Jools Holland the other night and he doesn't seem as cool as people like to make out. Maybe that's why teenage girls love him? Looks dreamy, but nice enough to take home to your ma. I never really noticed much because I've only ever paid attention to their music, as I do with most band these days as there's not many characters like yesteryear. 

As for the band, I think they just keep getting better. I really started taking notice of their music when they released Humbug, which I thought was a quality record. Their first two are good albums, but I dunno how anyone could prefer them to what they've released since.