You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Football opinion amnesty thread

RedinSweden

Guest ShoePiss
Goatboy 59 described Hughes some time ago in TTWAR as a "grade one shithouse", when faced with Glenn Hysen. I'm with him.

Yeah well he was a very good player.

• 10 months later...

Brad Jones is doing okay in his run in the team and certain people are just looking for excuses to blame him for goals and in his current run of form he is a better keeper than Pepe in his form prior to injury although still far from ideal to be keeping goal for us

I think Suarez is off in the summer, and if I'm being honest and objective he probably would be right in leaving us. He should be gracing the Champions League and sadly we are a long way off from competing for Big Ears again. If I was the Barca manager I'd try to sign him up right away.

I think Suarez is off in the summer, and if I'm being honest and objective he probably would be right in leaving us. He should be gracing the Champions League and sadly we are a long way off from competing for Big Ears again. If I was the Barca manager I'd try to sign him up right away.

I expected him to go last summer and wouldn't have blamed him in the slightest after how shite we were and the treatment the cunts of this country gave him

none of thats changed but hopefully his mind hasn't either!

I'm overseas and return home just before Christmas.

I'm not in Liverpool for my first weekend, but have a trip to London planned instead. Today I bought tickets for Spurs Vs Swansea for me and the missus. I'm that desperate to go to a footy match.

Not an opinion, but it's still amnesty worthy.

i never wanted carroll to go and think he would be boss for us now if we had kept him (although i admit he did play shit for us a lot). I'd also like kevin nolan. oh and enrique pisses me off. not just because he now looks like a cunt.

I've always quite liked Kevin Nolan and wanted us to buy him a few years ago.

Largely because he scores a lot of goals.

However, his main drawback is that he doesn't do that much else. As a midfielder he doesn't really dictate play, or tackle much, or pass cleverly. He's almost invisible in lots of games. And then he scores.

However, his main drawback is that he doesn't do that much else. As a midfielder he doesn't really dictate play, or tackle much, or pass cleverly. He's almost invisible in lots of games. And then he scores.

It's odd, stick him in a team with Charlie Adam and Darren Bent and they'd probably get 50 goals between them whilst doing the sum total of fuck all. Yakubu was a bit like that as well a few years back, you can imagine them being the classic goalhangers at school.

yeah you are right but he always pops up when needed.... he would also add a bit of steel to the team. i could have seen us signing him 4 or 5 years ago but he wouldn't have got much of a game because we were fucking boss. then.

Cahill was exactly the same, I honestly couldn't tell you what their passing style is or anything despite watching them probably hundreds of times because the only time you notice them is when they pop up and score