You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alberto Aquilani

ReddOrDedd

He'll be about 5 weeks I reckon all in.

Wasn't it 4-6 weeks from a few days before we officially signed him? I was hoping there was an outside chance he'd be on the bench for Burnley.

If - and as far as I'm concerned it's a massive bloody if - we can keep the lad fit, then him and Johnson should see us much improved on last season in an attacking sense. It's funny - and it's not a criticism of anyone as I thought it myself - many people on here have said that Rafa is so defensively minded that he doesn't like his fullbacks to be too attacking. Then he signs Johnson, and so far is just letting him run wild. Then most of us assumed that Xabi was far better going forward than Rafa allowed him to be, and yet he is replaced with a supposedly far more attacking player.

Wasn't it 4-6 weeks from a few days before we officially signed him? I was hoping there was an outside chance he'd be on the bench for Burnley.

Yeah, was thinking around the same amount of time. If he starts some type of training next week and goes on alright from there he could be. He'll probably get around 15-20 mins on the pitch, but would still be great to see his first appearance.

I just read an article about the Serie A with a Norwegian Commentator (Canal+) who covers the Serie A, Per Jarle Heggelund.

When asked about the Aquilani transfer he said it was a pleasent gift from Liverpool to Roma seen he's only played somewhat 30 of the last 110 matches or so.

But when asked whether he meant his injuries or footballing abillites. He answered that "a little bird whispered in my ear that Alberto isnt to fond of training. He also confirmed that Aquilani's got some moves on the dancefloor and has a tendence too call in sick even though he's fit.

I've seen a couple of matches with this guy commenting and he knows what he's talking about. I hope he's wrong though and that Alberto Aquilani realises that he now plays for Liverpool FC and that he leaves such a behaviour back home in Italy.

Per Jarle Heggelund is the worst norwegian commentator I've ever listened to.

Did you miss Sølve Grotmols commentary career?? His debut was a match between Oxford and Luton. It ended 7-4...a crazy matche with non stop action. He made it sound like a funeral.

His commentary career lasted a whole 2 matches.

Per Jarle Heggelund is the worst norwegian commentator I've ever listened to.

Hegglund knows his stuff, no doubt about that.

Not going to say anything about his style as a commentator as I have seen very little Serie A football the last couple of years, but you cant question his knowledge about the game.

I would deffo take his observations on Aquilani into consideration.

I can't wait to see this guy play.

We've currently got the best keeper in the league, who has started the season brilliantly. A right back who has enhanced our side and given us an extra dimension in attack, who has won a penalty, got an assist and scored a goal in his first two league games. Three top centre backs, with healthy competition. Insua who is improving all the time and we should have a right battle for that left back role with Aurelio. One of the best defensive midfielders in Europe, in Mascherano. Competition out wide with Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun - who can all get assists, goals as well as the hard work defensivley. The most complete and versitile player in the world in Gerrard, who is currently the best supporting striker i the world, in my opinion. Arguably the best striker in the league. That's without mentioning other internationals such as Lucas, Babel and Dossena who can fill in, when needed through out the season.

If Aquilani can help enhance the current players and is as good as what I've read and seen about him, then I'm excited. He seems a real footballer and it won't be hard for him to improve on Alonso's goal / assist record. If he can make us tick and flow more, then we are going to take some stopping this season.

I am excited about seeing him play.

I don't watch Italian football anymore, that's all.

Ah, cheers.

On the Heggelund-comments, if he really has good contacts ar Roma it's bound to be with the staff. Since there seems to be some tension between the player and the staff at the moment regarding the reason for his injury plight, I'd take that inside info with a pinch of salt. I'll hold my hand up and applaud that over-enthusiastic turd of a commentator if he turns out to be right in the end.

We've currently got the best keeper in the league, who has started the season brilliantly. A right back who has enhanced our side and given us an extra dimension in attack, who has won a penalty, got an assist and scored a goal in his first two league games. Three top centre backs, with healthy competition. Insua who is improving all the time and we should have a right battle for that left back role with Aurelio. One of the best defensive midfielders in Europe, in Mascherano. Competition out wide with Kuyt, Riera, Benayoun - who can all get assists, goals as well as the hard work defensivley. The most complete and versitile player in the world in Gerrard, who is currently the best supporting striker i the world, in my opinion. Arguably the best striker in the league. That's without mentioning other internationals such as Lucas, Babel and Dossena who can fill in, when needed through out the season.

If Aquilani can help enhance the current players and is as good as what I've read and seen about him, then I'm excited. He seems a real footballer and it won't be hard for him to improve on Alonso's goal / assist record. If he can make us tick and flow more, then we are going to take some stopping this season.

Good post mate

Hegglund knows his stuff, no doubt about that.

Not going to say anything about his style as a commentator as I have seen very little Serie A football the last couple of years, but you cant question his knowledge about the game.

I would deffo take his observations on Aquilani into consideration.

They weren't observations, it was gossip.

Thats easily the best post you've made on this site

More of the same please

It's certainly a very poisitive post but I get the feeling there are very similiar posts on Man Utd, Chelsea, and Arsenal web sites.

So what? It was a good post. I dont care what other fans write in other forums. I care whats written in here and that to me is a very positive post.