You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

aston-villa-09-10-nike-away-kit-6.jpg

There aren't enough pinstripes in football. Though Garry Barry wearing the kit is weird enough, even before you see he's the number 62!

It represents that he was the 62nd Villa player to represent England, and apparently the kit has 67 stripes for each Villa cap. I know, tell me about it.

Any news on the North Queensland fury strip?

So Real's home kit is the same template as our new away? Looks like it, anyhow.

Prefer the old Barca,

Their new 3rd would make a better 2nd...

barcelona-09-10-nike-football-kits.jpg

and despite the fact that the Bayern one is a shit rugby shirt with a zip, it still beats the stripy monstrosity they have now.

Looks good here though...

bayern-munchen-09-10-home-adidas-shirt.jpg

Aberdeen's looks like an under 10 team's kit.

As far as the brummies go, I'm sure their sponsor is good for a chant. (Could work "can't EFFIN SEE you winning anything" in there somewhere)

birmingham-city-09-10-away-umbro-kit.jpg

The Arse's new away is much better than the one leaked a month or so back

arsenal-09-10-away-kit-nike-2009.jpg

AC Milan's 3rd is similar to our 2nd - but less busy

ac-milan-09-10-3rd-adidas-football-shirt.jpg

From the look of the Hammers new away, Umbro are really getting mileage out of their 5-minute design, this time with a dashing racing stripe on the front!

west-ham-united-09-10-umbro-kit.jpg

What kind of design control do a club have in this process? Is it a case of the kit manufacturer designing three or four and the club saying they'll choose one? Or do they just present their design to the club and say "there you go, there's your kit for next season"?

We should do as AC Milan do. They dont vary their strips to much and always stick with white for their away. Some of our away kits have been awful with the new one no exception. It should never be anything other than white.

Wrong.

Red home. Yellow away. White third kit.

End of discussion.

The white collar looks ace to me, different strokes for different folks eh?!

The Barca kit should always be stripes rather than halves I reckon.

Agree on both points. I think all shirts need a collar. Although very similar design the arsenal away is much better than the villa away, due to the collar.

Hate those fucking jerseys with no collars.