You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

SOSh.i.t

sean_dundee

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Yanks know we hate them.

RBS knows we hate the Yanks.

It makes absolutely fuck all difference as they are all in it for a financial return.

The only way to change that is to stop handing over cash for tickets, etc

However that would directly hurt the club as less money for players, etc,etc.

The only things we can do to get them out hurt the club in doing so.

That unfortunately is why we are in such a shit situation.

Not protesting at games because Rafa doesn't want them to was a bad call. I love Rafa, but I don't think it's any of his business whether the fans want the owners out or not. The end for me, and the thing that will see me not renew my membership this summer, was the decision to have a march for Michael Shields before the Blackburn game. Jack Straw's home constituency or not, to hold that on the weekend they did was, for me, appalling.

The 1st of these 2 is an internet myth. The decision not to protest at games was taken at a SoS mass meeting after the Havan & Waterloo game when it was clear from the reaction inside the ground many fans didn't want that. The aim of the union is not to divide our fan base. The fact 4-6 months later Rafa said he didn't like protest at the games is irrelavent. The decision had long since been made. I do think the likes of the pre-match protest at the Man U game should have continued, but that's a different argument.

Secondly, to be fair to the union they did not organise the Michael Shields march. That was done by Michael's family/campaign and when asked the SoS gave it their support. I happen not to agree with marching on that day, but the union didn't orgainse it and I don't know if they had any influence to change the date. Again though, it's unfair to blame them for something that wasn't their doing.

Why were they meeting Rafa in the first place? I know he requested a meeting but what does Rafa have to add to SoS's cause? I have had an explantion on this from Barry Wom in the past but I still don't see the reasons for it.

here we go, I'll spin it another way as it's way, way more relevant. SoS is a fan group, not just some paramilitary organisation like many seem to think it is/should be. They get an invite from the manager of the club who's fans they represent. Why would they say no?

here we go, I'll spin it another way as it's way, way more relevant. SoS is a fan group, not just some paramilitary organisation like many seem to think it is/should be. They get an invite from the manager of the club who's fans they represent. Why would they say no?

Why were SoS set up? And what could Rafa do to help that cause?

I didn't mind the fact that they met with Rafa, but the only reason I know that Rafa told them is off here - as far as I know that wasn't in the minutes? I mean going through his tactics seemed a bit...strange. They have done their best, but I think a bit less apathy amongst the fans and more action in the ground might've gone a long way.

They're the organisers. Its like saying if you want to march, then just march. For something to be effective you need to be organised.

But if you want to sing a song about the owners in the grond there'd be plenty of people who'd join in.

You don't need some to tell you when to sing and when to not.

They are also charging people money for their cause... I bet most people joined to get the owners out so they haven't got their money's worth in my opinion.

they are not charging for "their cause", they are charging to be members like any union would. You make it sound like they're making a profit.

EDIT and you think a poxy tenner would magically get the owners out? Grow the fuck up. I'll tell you what might have stodd a chance of getting the owners out, some of our shithouse, sit back and do fuck all fans getting off their arses and putting a bit of effort in. The apathy of our fan base is the real reason the yanks have had such an easy ride.

Why were SoS set up? And what could Rafa do to help that cause?

Having been a member of the committee when the union was set up, I know 100% why. Meeting Rafa is in no way a contradiction to the aims of the union. So I'll spin it again, why do you think the SoS were set up? I imagine you don't have the right answer, so you wouldn't know why it was not perfectly acceptable to see what the man has to say.

They are also charging people money for their cause... I bet most people joined to get the owners out so they haven't got their money's worth in my opinion.

They charge £10 don't they?

Not exactly a lot of money, is it?

What else do you get for £10 that manages to achieve the magic you want them to achieve?

drivel! if they had kept upping the protests,these 2 wankers would never have been able to sit nice and cosy in the directors box like they have been recently,not a fuckin word uttered to them! and they probable wouldnt be at the club now.thats my opinion anyway..u have your and i have mine

I agree I loved SOS when they first announce what intentions they had I thought it was brill it seem to me that they slacked off and lost all momentum in what they are doing has anyone had any updates in the last six months in what they are up to, and the piss up in a pub don’t count. I can’t get to games because of lack of funds but it seems to me that all the people who regularly attend Anfield have accepted them to ass clowns ( the yanks). at the time when all the protests were going on and momentum was high why did we or sos stop protesting? Was it because of the fans inside the ground didn’t like SOS protesting because it played on the minds of the players or was it that rafa told them to stop? Am I right to say sos have done jack all this season, in terms of protests ,if they have got any plans I just wish they give us a little bit of insight in what they are going to do! The whole point of protesting was getting the yanks out!! And at the time I think it was working with all the papers and TV surrounding us so why has it stopped?

I agree I loved SOS when they first announce what intentions they had I thought it was brill it seem to me that they slacked off and lost all momentum in what they are doing has anyone had any updates in the last six months in what they are up to, and the piss up in a pub don’t count. I can’t get to games because of lack of funds but it seems to me that all the people who regularly attend Anfield have accepted them to ass clowns ( the yanks). at the time when all the protests were going on and momentum was high why did we or sos stop protesting? Was it because of the fans inside the ground didn’t like SOS protesting because it played on the minds of the players or was it that rafa told them to stop? Am I right to say sos have done jack all this season, in terms of protests ,if they have got any plans I just wish they give us a little bit of insight in what they are going to do! The whole point of protesting was getting the yanks out!! And at the time I think it was working with all the papers and TV surrounding us so why has it stopped?

The last protest was against H&W, the Rafa discussion was months later. Had SOS kept on protesting they would have been margnalised, as opinions became more and more polarised. They were right to stop. Barry is correct the biggest problems are Liverpool fans who's apathy and ignorance has been the biggest support to the Americans.

Still now the ignorance is amazing, with plenty of them blaming Rafa for opening his mouth.

Edited by Dicko

Right. Well for starters don't assume anything, okay! Just because people don't act the way you would, don't presume they are not doing anything.

Now I am not in S.O.S., I don't use their coaches, more than likely I never will, I can't see myself ever joining them, I will sit on my arse in my seat and moan and whinge. But without them, we would never have got the exposure to our feelings that we have, because make no mistake whatsoever both the Yanks are fully aware of how they are perceived. And that is nothing but a positive.

I won't spend a penny in the ground, I won't spend a penny on merchandising, and I won't complain if people want to protest, I think I (sadly) represent a lot of match going fans!

People seem to think you click your fingers, and it all happens! You just stamp your feet, scream and complain and low and behold we have new owners!

S.O.S are just a fan group, if you don't like them start up your own, be more militant, smash the place up, send death threats? it is up to you! It is entirely up to you. But don't complain when people who give up a lot of their own free time, follow a path that you don't agree with! Even though your main complaint seems to be the lack of a desirable outcome rather than the methods used.