You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer '09 Transfer Speculation Thread

Gray - YPC

• Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If that`s true then we really are starting to be tough negotiaters.

"First we shoot, then we negotiate"

It would be like Real asking for Arbeloa, and we answer with. "Give us Ronaldo, and you`ll get Arbeloa."

Napoli are pleased to announce the appointment of new CEO Ricardo De Parri

Guest RafaIsRafa
Aquillani is a smokescreen, its De Rossi

Which would be a waste of everyones time as he'll never leave them. He'll spend his whole career there.

If that`s true then we really are starting to be tough negotiaters.

"First we shoot, then we negotiate"

It would be like Real asking for Arbeloa, and we answer with. "Give us Ronaldo, and you`ll get Arbeloa."

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and so far we have completed one transfer 18.5m for a right back.

Its all well and good taking stands but the bottom line is how many transfers you complete and at what price you complete them at.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and so far we have completed one transfer 18.5m for a right back.

Its all well and good taking stands but the bottom line is how many transfers you complete and at what price you complete them at.

That's true, but I can't help but think that the resistance to the Alonso shite is an improvement on previous years.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating and so far we have completed one transfer 18.5m for a right back..

No - its 16M. But I agree that if it were 18.5 M it would make it easier for you to criticise Rafa if Johnson does not play well.

I couldn't disagree more, mate. For me, the bottom line is how well signings improve the team when they arrive. Issues to do with quantity and price are irrelevant if they turn out to be successful. In other words, Johnson could prove to be a genius bargain signing by Rafa, another waste of money poor transfer or something in between. We won't know until we see how he plays over time and, crucially, what he adds to the team and whether we subsequently win anything.

No - its 16M. But I agree that if it were 18.5 M it would make it easier for you to criticise Rafa if Johnson does not play well.

Do you think if Johnson cost £8m, or £10, or £12m or whatever, that Rafa will be spared critcism should he fail? Have you seen the stick Rafa has got for Dossena and the "FREE" Degen?

I don't think people want to criticise for the sake of it, and Rafa doesn't need cheerleaders and body guards, we are all one of the same - LFC fans.

Dossena isn't wanted by any clubs in Serie A from what I was told before.

Seraf was funny when he was saying that.

"He offered himself to Juve and Milan, they said no.

He went down the league and offered himself to Fiorentina, they said no.

He went down the league and offered himself to Napoli, they don't want him. He's probably going to be in Serie B next season."

In fact, another site lists it thus:

04.10.2007 - 01.01.2008 (Calf)

24.10.2008 - 21.11.2008 (Thigh)

28.11.2008 - 02.01.2009 (Thigh)

13.02.2009 - 10.03.2009 (Ankle)

12.03.2009 - Present (Ankle)

I bet he was brilliant on the 11th March 2009 , but we missed our chance.

Without ever having seen Sissoko play I feel we should buy him just so we can reprise the old Modern Romance classic

' Ay Ay Ay Ay Moussa '

Guest RafaIsRafa
Ah, yeah along with John Terry...

I didnt realise Terry had left.

But i'd compare the situation to Totti. Its pretty obvious he doesnt want to go anywhere, he could of joined any club he likes by now. But has said about 2000 times he could never leave them and wants to be the man when Totti packs up.