You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

This man is the real problem at the club

JoeyKop

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh right, so that automatically excludes Gerrard from criticism whilst other players are pilloried? I also find it a bit oxymoronic how you always claim Gerrard can adapt to any position yet claim that he underperforms for England due to being played out of position. LOL. Also, Sven's inept tactics didn't seem to affect Lampard and Rooney at Euro 2004, whilst Gerrard was gifting Henry penalties...

whilst I do not worship at the alter of Gerrard he is the best midfielder in Enlgand.

Don't watch Spanish football as I find the stripey uniforms don;t come across my telly very well.

I think you will find if you go to the continent most people would take Xavi and Iniesta over Gerrard in a heartbeat. Maybe if Gerrard was Catalan and Xavi was a Scouser playing for your beloved club you'd have a different view on who is better.

Wouldn't it depend on who is in their current midfield first and what type of football they wanted to play and what area they wanted to develop?

Or is Xavi better than Essien in a midfield enforcer position? Is Xavi a better crosser than Ronaldo, better at getting past players? Is Xavi a better attacking midfielder than Kaka?

I couldn't give a fuck if you hate Liverpool or not, or who you support but FFS, you are a thick cunt. I suppose if you had ejaculation problems you would get "Xavi" to fix that for you as well?

On current form Xavi is the best defensive midfielder in the world. Put him in Gerrard' s position and he would be useless. Equally, put him in Essien's, Kaka's and Ronaldo's position and he would be embarrassed.

Problem? Too cautious tactically, and we've bought en-masse when really we just need one or two players in the Torres/Gerrard mould that can change a game. Rafa has bought a lot of so-so players and unlike say O'Neill he doesn't possess the man-management to extract more from them.

Completeness is overrated, Gerrard is very good at most things but not the best at anything, I would rather have the best attacking mf in the world and the best defensive mf in the world (eg Xavi and Gattuso) than any one jack of all trades, master of none.

He's past his sell by date, I'd have agreed with you probably 2 years ago that he was the best defensive midfielder in the world, not any more though. Xavi is a class act, I'll give you that though.

I'm not Gerrard's biggest fan, i.e. I don't think he's the best player in the world, but he is a seriously talented player especially when playing in the hole off the main striker. Gerrard for me is a much more versatile player than Xavi however. Xavi can only play in one position, he brilliant there, but at the end of the day that does limit him somewhat.

Problem? Too cautious tactically, and we've bought en-masse when really we just need one or two players in the Torres/Gerrard mould that can change a game. Rafa has bought a lot of so-so players and unlike say O'Neill he doesn't possess the man-management to extract more from them.

That’s the big mistake, and it’s been the reason we won’t win the league this year.

Our most expensive signing, Torres, has been brilliant.

Our next two, Keane and Babel, have been terrible.

Kuyt, Benayoun and Riera are all decent players who are worth having in the squad in my opinion, and they’ve all done ok this year, but there should only really be room for one attacking player of their calibre in the starting team. If Rafa had got a top quality creative attacker for the 20 million we spent on Keane, or clubbed the Lucas and Babel money (19 odd million) together for another we’d be much better off.

I also have a problem with Rafa and the academy, but I think the blame lies with poor leadership at the club as a whole there.

Man-management? are you serious? ask Berger if his man management is good, what about Barry? great man-managment that getting the fans to boo their own player, mind you the way things are going at Anfield lately I can see why some fans will see that as a bonus!

Stupid thread regards the real cancer at the club.

Out of all the people involved in senior positions at the club Rafa is the least problem at the club.

Is Rafa about to take us into administration because they are no buyers out there willing to pay the amount Hicks and Gillett want.

Has Rafa lied to the fans regards the club and the stadium saying there would be a spade in the ground in 60 days and then has the cheek to deny saying that even though it was at a broadcasted press conference.

Has Rafa being sat in his job for 10 years watching Man United fly past us whilst he sat on his arse doing his cushty job when had he been doing this job correctly we could have had a stadium built under the old regime and be raking in the extra cash through merchandise etc.

No i will tell you what Rafa has done.

He has improved us in the league (unless we have a collapse but i dont think we will).

We have the strongest spine to a team we have since we lat won the league.

We are the number one club in Europe and therefore Rafa has added millions to the club thanks to these exploits.

Rafa has many flaws and the timing of his substitutions is one of my pet hates but to say he is the real cancer at the club is complete bollocks.

Where the fuck do you think we would be without Rafa with all this turmoil at the club.

Liverpool FC is a politcal mess yet we are stil second in the league and about to enjoy another European adventure this week.

Its a fucking miracle we are in this position with everything that is going off you mind about whinging like a bitch because we are only in second.

Ooo I just saw RFC banned LIVE! Exciting stuff. Works on my Mac now Dave!

Sweet, its the modern day equivalent of a public hanging. Next time people can throw fruit and rotten tomatoes at the victim before they are banned. I'll check vbulletin and see if they have a plug in that enables that.

We have the strongest spine to a team we have since we lat won the league.

QUOTE]

I agree with you Coop on the fact that Rafa has done many good things here and the spine is very strong, partly due to Rafa buys such as Reina, Skrtel, Xabi and Torres. However, the flanks are as weak as they ever were and this has been the case for years and that is a real condemnation of Rafa, we've never bought consistent full backs or wingers to reinforce the spine. Too often we rely on the spine to overcome the weakness of what's on the flanks

The wide areas are a big problem and without this been addressed i can see us struggling again next season to break down teams.

My point however was that been weak on the flanks and daft subs does not make Rafa the biggest cancer at the club.

Absolutely right. The cancer lies in the boardroom. Full stop