You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

British anally rape US at Grammy awards

Fugitive

Record of the year

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Please Read The Letter

Album of the year

Robert Plant and Alison Krauss - Raising Sand

Song of the year (awarded to songwriters)

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Best new artist

Adele

Best female pop vocal performance

Adele - Chasing Pavements

Best male pop vocal performance

John Mayer - Say

Best pop performance by a duo or group with vocals

Coldplay - Viva La Vida

Best dance recording

Daft Punk - Harder Better Faster Stronger

Best electronic/dance album

Daft Punk - Alive 2007

Best solo rock vocal performance

John Mayer - Gravity

Best rock performance by a duo or group with vocals

Kings of Leon - Sex on Fire

Best rock song (awarded to songwriters)

Bruce Springsteen - Girls In Their Summer Clothes

Best rock album

Coldplay - Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends

Best alternative music album

Radiohead - In Rainbows

Best rap/sung collaboration

Estelle ft Kanye West - American Boy

The Daft Punk tune was released in 2001. Only 8 years late with the award!!!

I dislike most of the winners but it's funny to see the British actually win something. It the other way around with our awards show, where the yanks win everything.

Grammy Awards are pretty worthless nowadays ain't they.

All awards shows are a bit of a joke. Industry insiders patting themselves on the back. Media conglomerates own the music, the studios, and the radio stations. A continuous feedback loop of shit (although I dig the Plant/Krauss album and Radiohead/Springsteen).

Like the Oscars -- there are really VERY few movies released each year by the major studios, and of those films only a select group of actors are ever considered for roles. The fact that Kate Winslet is nominated twice this year shouldn't be "shocking" at all. It's not like she beat out hundreds of other actresses; there were probably about a dozen dramas with any real chance of garnering nominations. She happened to be in two of them and did a good job.

• 13 years later...
4 minutes ago, fungus said:

Have no idea who either of those are, must be getting old.  Don't know why I clicked into the thread really, although if I'm being honest I probably just saw anal rape

Travis Barker was the drummer in Blink 182 & has been on the go for years, I think he does a lot of session work and stuff now. I've no idea who the bird is.

8 minutes ago, fungus said:

Have no idea who either of those are, must be getting old.  Don't know why I clicked into the thread really, although if I'm being honest I probably just saw anal rape

Yeah me too. Anal rape must have decent SEO value. Must be a tech startup idea in there somewhere. You bring the beard and I'll bring the pronouns.

4 minutes ago, Mook said:

Travis Barker was the drummer in Blink 182 & has been on the go for years, I think he does a lot of session work and stuff now. I've no idea who the bird is.

If he can't recognize a Kardashian he has no idea who Blink 182 are.

He could definitely not name a single artist he has worked with since.