You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Enough is enough. Get him off the 'right wing' or whatever position he allegedly plays in. Like many I've overlooked his lack of ability due to his work rate but simply slogging away is not going to cover his deficiencies. He's become a liability and time to try somebody else in his position. I can't understand Rafa's reluctance to drop him, or even substitute him. It boggles the mind.

When Kuyt is played up front with a partner and is up for it, he is a good centre forward well worth a place in the squad. But a right winger/right sided attacker he ain't.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is pretty much useless on the right of a 4-4-2. He was decent on the right of 4-2-3-1. Even then, he is not the long term solution.

I don't know what he has done to warrant a start every game. And he completes every single game. Astonishing.

Rafa talks about competition for places - where is the competition for Kuyt? Despite him being shite for a while now.

Originally Posted by Hooch

I agree to some extent, but Dirk is not the reason we lost. He had nothing to do with it actually, he was OK yesterday I thought. Theres a certain Irishman who has a lot more to answer for, and of course an Israeli.

We lost?

felt like it last night

He played to his usual level. Piss poor. He brings absolutely fuck all to the team 8 games out of 10. In some games he plays in we'd actually be better off with 10 men, he's that bad. I don't think Gerrard trusts him, because his lack of technique means the attack breaks down more often than not.

I'm not a fan.

The sooner we get back to a regular 4-2-3-1 for most games the better. The system clearly suits the players we have in the squad (even if it does mean Keane on the bench).

Agreed.

He is pretty much useless on the right of a 4-4-2. He was decent on the right of 4-2-3-1. Even then, he is not the long term solution.

I don't know what he has done to warrant a start every game. And he completes every single game. Astonishing.

Rafa talks about competition for places - where is the competition for Kuyt? Despite him being shite for a while now.

Agree with all of that.

played well?

did you watch the game through 'rafa tinted spectacles'?

Did you watch it through 'Oh my God we didn't win so the title challenge is over' spectacles?

Too easy to pick on individuals. As you can see on this thread everyone has a target today, I think we're up to 5 or 6 players now. Fuck it, chuck Alonso in the mix because he didn't directly contribute towards a shot on goal.

It was the TEAM.

I have been saying all year i would not have him any where near a starting place.

Should never have bought Keane, the money should have gone on a proper winger but Rafa is totally blind to how crap Kuyt is.

If things dont improve pretty quickly I see a P45 for rafa at the season end...