You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Are we going to bottle it?

siang

I have always said we didn't have a realistic shout at the League due to our relative financial & hence squad constraints.

Realistically until we get ourselves a ground to match Arse & the Mancs or the PL introduces some form of salary cap we are not going to win the League.

As soon as the Chavs lost at Arse in Nov giving them just 1 point from the big 3 home games they were not going to win the League as they were not capable of going to OT,Anfield & Highbury & getting a result.

Which unfortunately just leaves the Mancs.

You can only bottle something if you are favourites & then throw it away.

Given that we have never been close to favourites, we can't be said to bottle it.

This guy is new & starts a post like that. He also refers to GinSoak's knighthood which is a particular source of wind-up to Lfc fans. I suspect he is on a wind-up; If not, i apologise but it is still impossible, by definition, for a player or team who has never been favourites to "bottle" anything.

i aint on a wind-up!!! :(

but anyway, my context of "are we going to bottle it" was more intent on looking internally at LFC itself whether it could sustain the position that we are in now (which we really never was since 1990) given all the external and internal "bombardment"

but there's nothing wrong with showing the league that we are favourites by winning tonight

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have always said we didn't have a realistic shout at the League due to our relative financial & hence squad constraints.

Realistically until we get ourselves a ground to match Arse & the Mancs or the PL introduces some form of salary cap we are not going to win the League.

As soon as the Chavs lost at Arse in Nov giving them just 1 point from the big 3 home games they were not going to win the League as they were not capable of going to OT,Anfield & Highbury & getting a result.

Which unfortunately just leaves the Mancs.

You can only bottle something if you are favourites & then throw it away.

Given that we have never been close to favourites, we can't be said to bottle it.

This guy is new & starts a post like that. He also refers to GinSoak's knighthood which is a particular source of wind-up to Lfc fans. I suspect he is on a wind-up; If not, i apologise but it is still impossible, by definition, for a player or team who has never been favourites to "bottle" anything.

financial constraints don't matter when you have five years to get your squad together, unless you're a pauper which rafa hasn't been then it doesn't matter, the squad is strong enough for the title if managed correctly.

financial constraints don't matter when you have five years to get your squad together, unless you're a pauper which rafa hasn't been then it doesn't matter, the squad is strong enough for the title if managed correctly.

Its not strong enough. Really it isn't. Not when competing with United.

They have Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez upfront. Say what you want but collectively they're better then Nando, Keane, N'Gog and Kuyt. They also have a strong defence and an above average midfield. They're strengths far outway ours and their weaknesses are fewer then ours. The only way we can win the league is through a monumental effort from both staff and players which so far isn't completely there.

I dont think we've bottled, I think the manager has.

TBH we were doing ok and had some indifferent results. So what does he do? He starts having a rant a ginsoak. Then what does he do? He pulls a masterstroke by keeping both torres and keane on the bench at stoke. After that marvellous 0-0 draw, he then has another rant about the filth's chief exec!

And before all this kicks off, he wants his contract sorted, right in the middle of a title push in november \ december! Then he rejects it only days ago. I mean FFS shut your mouth, sort your contract out at the end of the season, not right at a crucial time!

Nah, he hasnt put pressure on the players one bit. He's taken it all on his shoulders! Like feck.

We've already bottled it. Everytime there's been a golden opportunity this season to pull ahead, i.e. we've got shite opponents when ManUre and Chelsea have already slipped up, we go and fuck it all up. We're a bunch of bottlers, the facts sadly speak for themselves.

I'm starting to agree

We're going to rule those chances of pulling even further ahead. Never have we been gifted a chance.

Think this is going to make us even more nervous. Rafa also needs to be more possitive in his play for us to stand a chance.

Never easy playing the toffies when so much is at stake, but I'm starting to feel the race slip away now.

I know everyone's saying 'stay possitve' with the recent numero wins it's a tad hard too.

You'd expect a responce by the players.....but fuckinhell!

Same points at this time last season and were are second, that's more to do with the others under performing than our improvement. We are still at the same level as last season with the same inadequacies, an in ability to kill a game off unless the opposition come out and play. Raffa is too conservative and is riding his luck not his judgment which is running out of its appeal. Lets hope we see this as the last chance saloon and make the most of an indifferent season all round.

I think the evidence is overwhelming that we have bottled it. It really was there for the taking this season and it looks like we arsed it up. We seem to be much more comfortable when we are the underdogs and we need to completely alter this mindset. I hope i'm wrong and we can now go on a prolonged winning streak but i just don't see it.

I think the evidence is overwhelming that we have bottled it. It really was there for the taking this season and it looks like we arsed it up. We seem to be much more comfortable when we are the underdogs and we need to completely alter this mindset. I hope i'm wrong and we can now go on a prolonged winning streak but i just don't see it.

Thats the managers mindset though. Only way of changing that is........

Its not strong enough. Really it isn't. Not when competing with United.

They have Rooney, Berbatov and Tevez upfront. Say what you want but collectively they're better then Nando, Keane, N'Gog and Kuyt. They also have a strong defence and an above average midfield. They're strengths far outway ours and their weaknesses are fewer then ours. The only way we can win the league is through a monumental effort from both staff and players which so far isn't completely there.

Uniteds midfield is scottish prem standard.

The defence is sound and up front they are no better than us.

They have a manager who will let them win games rather than draw them.

Uniteds midfield is scottish prem standard.

The defence is sound and up front they are no better than us.

You underestimate the quality of their players. If their mid was scottish prem standard, they'd get relegated.

Thats the bottom line. Fergie knows how to win the title and time and again they have showed that by keep going forward in search for a winner.

It is not just a coincidence that they score so many late winners.

Attitude is more important in this league than anything else. And sadly, our manager has a very negative attitude. And worryingly, it doesn't look like he is going to change.

I think is our dark month of the year! If we can get the right players (Torres, Skrtel, Javier, Arbeloa, Keane) fit or in form quick. Then go on to get 3 points against Wigan away, then beat Chelsea then we'll push them all the way. United aren't that good that what's so fucking annoying they scraped past Bolton. They could easily drop points in this league its that unpredictable!

Keep believing. Stranger things have happened..... think of 2005? I never have thought we'd have beaten all those teams with the side we had but we managed to come through.

Thats the bottom line. Fergie knows how to win the title and time and again they have showed that by keep going forward in search for a winner.

It is not just a coincidence that they score so many late winners.

Attitude is more important in this league than anything else. And sadly, our manager has a very negative attitude. And worryingly, it doesn't look like he is going to change.

Agree with what your saying but we've come from behind so often this year to win. He's got it within him to go for it.