You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Any cures for baby colic?

chris71

Before i top myself. Baby is 4 weeks old we thought we'd escaped the dreaded colic this time after the last one had it but no. It's decided to kick in the past few days and is doing my nut in. The screaming is putting the double glazed in jeopardy from 4ish in the afternoon till 3 or after in the morning:wallbutt:.Infacol,gripe water and all that have been tried to no avail. Any secret solutions out there,besides ear defenders?

Thanks, i'll take a look at those sites. He's bottle fed and just finally dozed off but is due another feed in less than a hour so the fun will start again. Only good thing is the wife and i take it in turns so thank god i get the spare bedroom tomorrow night,heaven!

Coleaf drops mate, if only id discovered them sooner my life would have been much easier!

Also acid reflux in babies is often mistaken for colic, you can get baby gaviscon that can really make a difference.

we also changed the milk to cow & gate comfort its has less lactose in it or something like that but my partner is convinced that made a difference to!

Hope this helps Colic is a horrible stressfull thing!

Coleaf drops mate, if only id discovered them sooner my life would have been much easier!

Also acid reflux in babies is often mistaken for colic, you can get baby gaviscon that can really make a difference.

we also changed the milk to cow & gate comfort its has less lactose in it or something like that but my partner is convinced that made a difference to!

We were reading about that yesterday. Soon as there is a chemist open i'll be heading for it!

Infacol. You can buy it at the chemist or the supermarket.

Worked for us with number one who had it bad. He was/is a big lad who was constantly hungry and would guzzle his milk down which was a disaster as far as the indigestion went.

The one thing to remember about Infacol is that it is important to give it ten minutes before you feed the baby. If not, it's nowhere near as effective. We were also told that it is basically inert and you can therefore give them a bit more if needed. Double doses eventually worked for our lad. Apparently all it does is is weaken the surface tension of ll the little bubbles of air in the baby's gut so that they form into bigger bubbles more easily and can then be burped up.

We also found two winding positions helped: draped over the shoulder with the belly actually on the shoulder and also against the chest tapping the lower back. Both of these helped to get the wind up.

We tried infacol and gripe water to no affect he's also using Dr Brown bottles which are meant to be the daddy of milk bottles. I'll get the Coleaf today. If that don't work a ticket to oz for 3 months will.

If you can get it over there try Rooibos tea. Its pretty good for colic.

Good man, Coleaf does the job, reps on the way.