You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What position are we then. Or are somehow im seeing something you arent.

Mate, I don't normally lose it everytime we drop points.

But, look at the way we are playing. How many chances did we create today? And against Fulham? We had two golden chances to open a bit of daylight between us and against Chelsea/Utd and we failed both times.

People go on about how we don't spend like Chelsea or Utd or anyone - we had a £20m striker today. Then we sent on another striker who we signed this summer. And we had Kuyt too. And look at the chances we created today. Fuck all. Its not about scoring - its about creating the chances to put them under pressure. West Ham were comfortable, they were happy to concede corners because they know we are shit at it.

This game and the Fulham game demonstrated why we are million miles away from challenging for the title.

Last season I remember people were saying for a long time that we were "unbeaten". This time its "we are level on points with Chelsea" and "we are top of the league". It all means fuck all if we can't beat teams like Fulham and West Ham.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crouchie would have made a difference today I reckon. With Torres in & out like a yoyo its provining to be a bad decsion to let him go.

I totally agree, getting rid of Crouch was a daft decision. When you are chasing a game, when we had his height up front he created huge problems for opponents. We just dont seem to have a plan b when teams shut up shop against us this season.

I dont think we need to be getting too upset just yet. Surely we can only improve in the next few games and in my opinion when Nando returns back to full fitness it will lift everyone again.

It's Rafa's fault when he takes off a proven premier league striker and replaces him with a kid who has barely scored a goal in his career.

I don't think Rafa has helped Keane's confidence at all, takes him off all the time, ye sure he might be having a bad game but how many times have we seen it with other strikers who then put one in the net with minutes to spare, he could have left him on against west brom and he may have got a hatrick but no, he gave kuyt 90 minutes after 90 minutes when he was playing shite but doesn't do the same for keane, its really frustrating.

One part of our game that worries me a lot. I am not going to come on and knock players or Rafa but I am disappointed.

Someone said it earlier is the only winners this week are the mancs.

Owen or someone like him would have won us that game tonight. That gives the team confidence - knowing there's a class forward sniffing around in the the box.

Ooer.

Aye. Whats with this "we are top of the league" shit, eh? That means fuck all. Yes, fuck all.

We just dropped 4 fucking points at home in 2 weeks. If Utd win the game in hand, they are 3 points behind us.

Top of the league my arse!

When we were joint top people were determined to argue that we weren't, now were solely top people are determined to argue it means fuck all.

We're breeding a generation of cunting mongs who take more pleasure in seeing us fail than succeed.

I totally agree, getting rid of Crouch was a daft decision. When you are chasing a game, when we had his height up front he created huge problems for opponents. We just dont seem to have a plan b when teams shut up shop against us this season.

I dont think we need to be getting too upset just yet. Surely we can only improve in the next few games and in my opinion when Nando returns back to full fitness it will lift everyone again.

I assume you also said this after Fulham?

He was never consistently producing decent crosses, though. He had teams on the back foot because he could run at them but I was saying to people very early that whilst I had been impressed by him, I'd like to see what his end product was like. I don't want to be seen to be singling him out because it's unfair to do that.

I agree - most of the team were poor tonight. In fact, the further forward you looked in our team, the worse the performance was.

Hey on the bright side at least we're not talking about how shit Dossena was

Thought he was very good tonight supporting the attack on the left. Played some decent cross field balls and some crosses into the box, and also did his job defensively.

Fair fucks, he may well turn out to be a shit buy on rafa's part but he could at least get into scoring positions. Sami got into better positions than him.

Thats one of my majr concersn he & Dirk seem to pre-occupied in coming deep and running channels rather than getting in the box and causing the oppo's centre backs a few problems. Keane & Dirk worked against Man Utd due to the workrate & we knew how tight it would be anyway. Tonight showed why the two should not play together. Babel for all his laziness/attitude should have started tonight

When we were joint top people were determined to argue that we weren't, now were solely top people are determined to argue it means fuck all.

We're breeding a generation of cunting mongs who take more pleasure in seeing us fail than succeed.

Do you think we've played well on the whole this season Cardie? Happy that we can maintain our position at the top unless there is some kind of major upheaval in our play?

Dropping deep is when he plays at his best and impresses most. It is when he is stuck up front on his own that he plays at his worst but then he's never been that kind of player anyway.

Its the opposite, Keane is at his best when he is the front striker, but he needs to be feed by a link player.

With Kuyt being everywhere else than behind Keane, Keane did not get one flick to chase and no second balls to win.

I really wonder where this myth about Keane being good when he drops deep has come from, it could not be further from the truth.

Keane needs to be feed, mostly on balls being played in behind the defense, his gigantic problem playing for us though is that he needs to be feed a lot to survive and he wont get that here, he will have to be out hunting himself and he looks like a pacifist at the moment so I dont think he will catch any.

Cardie mate, thanks for calling me a "cunt" and a "mong".

Me taking pleasure in seeing us fail than succeed? You're wrong mate. You know what? I don't even want us to win the title this year. I just want us challenging. And I'm just frustrated that we are letting good opportunities go.

On another note mate, this is an internet forum. No need to be so aggressive.

He's far from a proven Liverpool player, though. Far, far, far from it.

Maybe you're right, for me the jury's still out. At times he's looked like a player who thinks he's done the hard part by getting to Liverpool, but I think he's suffered by being dragged off in nearly every game he's played and recently for David NGog.

Keane may or may not be good enough for Liverpool, but I know who I'd rather have on the pitch and it's not NGog who isn't good enough for our reserves let alone first team. People can say he's young and we should give him a chance, but I'm sorry NGog will never make it at the club because he is simply shit.

Mate, I don't normally lose it everytime we drop points.

But, look at the way we are playing. How many chances did we create today? And against Fulham? We had two golden chances to open a bit of daylight between us and against Chelsea/Utd and we failed both times.

People go on about how we don't spend like Chelsea or Utd or anyone - we had a £20m striker today. Then we sent on another striker who we signed this summer. And we had Kuyt too. And look at the chances we created today. Fuck all. Its not about scoring - its about creating the chances to put them under pressure. West Ham were comfortable, they were happy to concede corners because they know we are shit at it.

This game and the Fulham game demonstrated why we are million miles away from challenging for the title.

Last season I remember people were saying for a long time that we were "unbeaten". This time its "we are level on points with Chelsea" and "we are top of the league". It all means fuck all if we can't beat teams like Fulham and West Ham.

and stoke as well, we could have been out of sight!!! mind you if we beat chelsea and united again we stand a good chance, but i would say with united having played us, arsenal, chelsea and villa away they will be favorites, they play better football than us and are more clinical as well.

Maybe you're right, for me the jury's still out. At times he's looked like a player who thinks he's done the hard part by getting to Liverpool, but I think he's suffered by being dragged off in nearly every game he's played and recently for David NGog.

Keane may or may not be good enough for Liverpool, but I know who I'd rather have on the pitch and it's not NGog who isn't good enough for our reserves let alone first team. People can say he's young and we should give him a chance, but I'm sorry NGog will never make it at the club because he is simply shit.

I thought Keane should have gone off but for Babel, rather than N'gog but even then, I have massive doubts now about Babel's attitude. I'm not sure he has the stomach for a fight. I don't really have an opinion of N'gog, I was surprised by him being brought on, as one of my posts on here revealed. I wasn't surprised that it was Keane that went off, though.

Do you think we've played well on the whole this season Cardie? Happy that we can maintain our position at the top unless there is some kind of major upheaval in our play?

No, and I didn't expect us to win the league this season anyway.

On the other hand we have cunts booing us going top of the league, bizarre claims about us being the only side in the history of everything to struggle to win a game, the ridiculous 'utd chelsea, arsenal, Brazil 70 side wouldn't struggle like us, it NEVER happens to them claims.

At the same stage last season Man Utd had score a MASSIVE 3 goals more than us, prior to todays game it would have been a frightening 1 goal more.

Cardie mate, thanks for calling me a "cunt" and a "mong".

Me taking pleasure in seeing us fail than succeed? You're wrong mate. You know what? I don't even want us to win the title this year. I just want us challenging. And I'm just frustrated that we are letting good opportunities go.

On another note mate, this is an internet forum. No need to be so aggressive.

If you dont want us to win the the league this year, you are a fucking cunt and a mong. Lucky this is an internet forum, cos if I'd heard you say that in the ground, I'd have flattened you.

An extremely frustrating night and the worst thing I can say about it is the fact that it wasn't even that much of a surprise was it? I remember when this thread was started, just after a shite performance at Anfield against Marseille and people were saying, 'right let's bee positive and look to the next game' to which some people replied, '0-0'.

It's just so obvious to see isn't it? All you have to do when you play Liverpool is put eleven men behind the ball and watch them struggle to break you down. It's almost laughable, if it didn't make me want to cry so much.

No doubt a lot of the focus will be on the fans booing at the end again, my opinion on it is the same as the other week - I wouldn't do it myself, but at the same time I wouldn't condemn anyone for doing it either. We've been fucking dreadful at Anfield this season and we really should expect more.

If we were all neutrals I firmly believe that we would be laughing at and slagging us off for how predictable we are to watch. We take the piss out of Arsenal for their naivety but what about our limitations?

I don't wanna crucify Rafa tonight but that substitution of Keane was fucking scandalous. Babel has hardly covered himself in glory this season but he's a damn site better than David Ngog and he deserves to be treated better than that. What the fuck has Ngog ever done for the team? Babel showed ten times more when he came on because shock horror he's ten times the player.

Keane is obviously really struggling but i'd like to see him complete some games. It can't be good for your confidence when you're struggling with form and know you only have 60 minutes to do something. Riera looked crap as well - obviously it's early days with him but if we're to challenge for that title we need more from him.

Overall it was just really frustrating. We could easily have won with the chances we had but equally they could have nicked a goal at the other end.

I hope this isn't the continuation of a slide although it does have a horrible and inevitable feel to it.