You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

We really need to start to convincingly beat teams at home if we are to have any chance of winning the league. West Ham are a side that like to think they play free flowing attacking football, and it's something Zola has tried to get going there, but it isn't happening for them. This 'should' be the sort of game we win with ease.

I just want to see us for once, play a team off the park, and knock a few goals past them. It would be great not only for the players, but the fans aswell. We have done superbly well, but our home form has not been anywhere near what we expect. I myself after managing to scrounge together £700 for a season ticket find myself wondering why when I see half arsed performances like last week.

Anyway, no Torres and Aurelio is a big blow, but we should have too much for West Ham. Dossena will start inplace of Aurelio, and hopefully we will see Keane come in for Torres. I have a feeling Babel will start in place of either Mascherano or Riera, and possibly Sami coming in to deal with the aerial threat of Ashton (is he fit or injured?).

Anyway, I would go with a 4-4-2, but I doubt we will see Babel and Riera both play together;

----------------------------Reina------------------------

-Arbeloa--------Carragher----------Agger--------Dossena-

--Babel----------Gerrard-----------Alonso----------Riera--

------------------Kuyt------------Keane------------------

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see that team but Babel is never going to play on the right. Also Mascherano will be desperate to put in a good performance against his old team. Of all the other teams in the Prem I suppose I've got a soft spot for the Hammers and I really like Zola, he's a class act on and off the pitch. However I hope we really make it a miserable night for him and batter them like we did last season. Just can't see it though at the moment. I'm going for another 1-0 with Gerrard scoring again.

I think we'll go like this.

Pepe

Arbeloa

Carra

Agger

Dossena (oh shit)

Kuyt

Alonso

Masch

Riera

Gerrard

Keane

I'd like to see that team but Babel is never going to play on the right. Also Mascherano will be desperate to put in a good performance against his old team. Of all the other teams in the Prem I suppose I've got a soft spot for the Hammers and I really like Zola, he's a class act on and off the pitch. However I hope we really make it a miserable night for him and batter them like we did last season. Just can't see it though at the moment. I'm going for another 1-0 with Gerrard scoring again.

I think we'll go like this.

Pepe

Arbeloa

Carra

Agger

The Shit (Dossena)

Kuyt

Alonso

Masch

Riera

Gerrard

Keane

I'm psychic, I am.

With Torres being out I think we have to vary things a bit to try and find some fluidity. I like the sound of Alex's 442 above. We played our best attacking football this season with Gerrard and Xabi in the middle and The Chief has been a bit sloppy of late. Keane clearly needs a partner and that should be Dirk, whilst Babel could do with a chance to show he's got something to back up his moans and that right hand slot is wide open for him with Dirk up front.

Would love to see a 442. Babel up front (where he should be) with Keane. Gerrard and Alonso in CM. Kuyt and Riera wide. Just for today though, wouldn't drop the Chief normally.

Will be this though :

-------- Alonso Masch

------Kuyt Gerrard Riera

------------Keane

I really want us to play 4-4-2 and go out and attack West Ham. Let's get a few early goals to settle us down so we can play some good stuff and get a good win under our belts.

I think Rafa will go with;

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Agger Dossena

Benayoun Gerrard Alonso Riera

Kuyt Keane

I really want us to play 4-4-2 and go out and attack West Ham. Let's get a few early goals to settle us down so we can play some good stuff and get a good win under our belts.

I think Rafa will go with;

Reina

Arbeloa Carragher Agger Dossena

Benayoun Gerrard Alonso Riera

Kuyt Keane

That's an excellent team for this game Ian.

I would also have let Masch go home for a rest after the Marseille game & told him to take a blow until before the Blackburn game as he has looked shagged out.

Anyway, I would go with a 4-4-2, but I doubt we will see Babel and Riera both play together;

----------------------------Reina------------------------

-Arbeloa--------Carragher----------Agger--------Dossena-

--Babel----------Gerrard-----------Alonso----------Riera--

------------------Kuyt------------Keane------------------

Same here, I'd have exactly the same, but it looks like Rafa just won't put Babel on the left. I'd settle for Kuyt and Babel switched in that formation though instead of one of them on the subs bench.

Will be this though :

-------- Alonso Masch

------Kuyt Gerrard Riera

------------Keane

Yeah, probably.

It's a shame Pennant has been frozen out because we could use a right midfielder when Dirk goes up front due to Torres being injured. Although Pennant did play against Wigan in similar circumstances.

We should know by now that teams like whu should be beaten easily. Then again, so should stoke and fulham.

So, Im not really bothered about how we play on monday so long as we win. I know my nerves will probably be shattered but it can be a scrappy 1-0 for the boys for all I care!

If he starts with one up front I have to admit I'll be disappointed, but I'll give him his props if it works. I just think we need to be showing far more attacking intent against weaker teams at home. We need to come out of the traps and really keep them on the back foot. Anything other than a win tomorrow is unacceptable if we're to maintain a challenge.