You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

World War Z

jacco maccaco

That is a strange point of view on review for a film you haven't seen! Apparently there has been some positive feedback from early views.

Don't think i'll be bothering, to be fair, looks like Transformers with Zombies

Not really, considering nothing I've read about it from anyone reasonably versed is saying anything good about it. And the fact that it's a zombie film and it's a 12.

Not really, considering nothing I've read about it from anyone reasonably versed is saying anything good about it. And the fact that it's a zombie film and it's a 12.

It does look a mess - but sometimes a film can be pre-judged, if there are reviews that are positive then maybe it isn't as bad as people thought - critics do like to jump on bandwagons.

It does look a mess - but sometimes a film can be pre-judged, if there are reviews that are positive then maybe it isn't as bad as people thought - critics do like to jump on bandwagons.

Fair comment maybe but I'll take the review of some "yoof" on Radio 1 with a massive pinch of salt.

I think there are two camps. Those who've read the book and who'll naturally look at it as an abomination. And those who like Resident Evil. And to be fair this will be like going to see an Oscar winning film for the second group.

There was an extended preview on for this when I went to Star Trek a couple weeks back. Having not read the book or heard/read anything about the film up to this point, the reel was baffling. There was just brief bits of portentous dialogue, followed by long clips of Brad Pitt either running or shouting without any context to put it in. I asked the lad next to me what that was all about, and he couldn't figure it out either.

Googled it on my phone after we came out, and realized it was a zombie film. Why, I asked, weren't there any zombies on the trailer? Like, not one? And no mention of zombies? No indication of any sort that the film was about zombies in any way?

It was bizarre. I've never seen a more confused attempt at marketing a film.

I think there are two camps. Those who've read the book and who'll naturally look at it as an abomination. And those who like Resident Evil. And to be fair this will be like going to see an Oscar winning film for the second group.

Helluva lot if you look at the Box Office Takings for the franchise

Budget average is a shade under £50million and average worldwide is £182 million. Wow. £667,000,000 profit for 5 films of gore, scantilly clad tarts and guns.

Helluva lot if you look at the Box Office Takings for the franchise

Budget average is a shade under £50million and average worldwide is £182 million. Wow. £667,000,000 profit for 5 films of gore, scantilly clad tarts and guns.

£667,000,000 you say?

So tell me more about these scantily clad tarts.

I know fuck all about this film, but I know one thing : they better be calling this World War Z...as in "zed" and not fucking "zee".

Fuck off with that shit Pitt.

Ha...guess what...it ain't zed. The voiceover on the TV spot just confirmed your worst fears!

Oh Dear;

World War Z, review - Telegraph

The first problem you encounter with World War Z, the new action blockbuster starring Brad Pitt, is how to pronounce the damn thing. Should the last letter be said "zee", to sound like "three", or "zed", to sound like "dead", or "zzz", to sound like the audience?

Oh Dear;

World War Z: CHRIS TOOKEY: Oh Brad! This zombie flick is brain dead | Mail Online

World War Z isn’t terrible. Parts are impressive and exciting. But the incredibly long distance it falls short of its source material means it must rank as one of Hollywood’s most wasted opportunities.

(Un) Fortunately I have read the book, I will not be going to watch this film with the same name.

I'll put this in tags in case anyone's desperate not to have the film spoiled:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

The Welsh finale, in particular, looks spectacularly cheap, and the screen-stretching vistas and computer-generated hordes from earlier in the movie are nowhere to be seen. In their place is Peter Capaldi, who plays a World Health Organisation director hiding out in a bunker near Cardiff, and when you first glimpse him in an otherwise empty office you wonder if Malcolm Tucker has somehow saved the day by swearing the zombies into submission.

See, that? That is a film I would have paid to see!

Yep.

Fast zombies are fine is it's the 28 days later rage infected mother fuckers, I am legend style swarming things are always shit.

We ended up with fast I am legend ones.

It looks shit.

'I Am Legend' was a massive let down, it could have been awesome but the special effects were better on Button Moon.

• 3 months later...

Watched this last night as well, 5/10 is really generous. Other than the one scene where he tests his theory which had a minor flirtation with that thing called 'suspense' it was an unmitigated disaster. Fucking awful.

I tried to judge it for what it is, which is a Hollywood zombie movie. Probably was a bit generous come to think of it, but I didn't turn it off halfway so it must have been just barely watchable.

Yeah. It's not as if he's been in shitloads of very much not blah movies is it?

You fucking mental.

He's good in Fight Club, but he over plays his part in Twelve Monkeys. 

His twirky movements are all far too false. Its obvious he's not a lad thats a sandwich short of a picnic. As opposed to somebody playing a guy thats a sandwich short of a picnic.

I suppose he's decent enough in Oceans Eleven, but he's generally just a wee bit bland imo. 

• Upvote 1