You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, redinblack said:

liked the new track, I will look at Amsterdam probably, though Id expect a UK date or two at some stage

I don’t think they are doing UK. They are playing Donnington in June, doing the same “No Repeat” over 2 nights. 

I got a presale through their website for Madrid, wasn’t happy with the seats (I know, I know…). 

Live Nation are doing another presale tomorrow and if no better, I’ll do general sale on Friday. 

I like the tune. Not their best ever song  but I like it. The riff and the solo are very good. Sounds like Hit The Lights crossed with Atlas Rise. 

24 minutes ago, Scott_M said:

I don’t think they are doing UK. They are playing Donnington in June, doing the same “No Repeat” over 2 nights. 

I got a presale through their website for Madrid, wasn’t happy with the seats (I know, I know…). 

Live Nation are doing another presale tomorrow and if no better, I’ll do general sale on Friday. 

I like the tune. Not their best ever song  but I like it. The riff and the solo are very good. Sounds like Hit The Lights crossed with Atlas Rise. 

Right ok......well.im not doing Donington I'm old and I need a seat.. ..

5 minutes ago, redinblack said:

Right ok......well.im not doing Donington I'm old and I need a seat.. ..

I agree! I looked at the Glamping options for Donnington, the very cheapest was £1500 and it made the fan accommodation in Qatar look luxurious. Anything half decent was >£2.5k. 

I can get flights to Madrid, decent hotel with a pool and tickets in a great stadium I have special memories of, plus more or less guaranteed sunshine, for less than Donnington would be. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, redinblack said:

In for Amsterdam, pretty good seats too. I've not gone for the £3k plus "enhanced experience" though

Yeah, I think some of the packages are a disgrace, especially the Meet & Greet. The people who pay that have made Metallica one of the most popular bands of all time. Metallica should be paying £3k to meet them.

I know most bands do it these days, it’s still not cool. 

Anyway, it comes in at £220 each for Madrid tickets, which I don’t think is bad. Sure I paid for than £110 at the Ethiad a few years back.

You can see the picture from your exact seat on Atletico’s website…

94608B37-F716-4988-9222-C331804E1885.jpeg

…ground level bowl, back row so can stand without anybody getting upset, near the end of the aisle so easy access to the bar / toilet.

I just hope it’s not as hot as it was v Spurs. I was on row 2 that day, with the heat of the day & then the pyro before the game, I thought I was going to melt like the nazis at the end of Raiders Of The Lost Ark.

• 1 month later...

Fucked up are doing a tour of tiny venues. Seeing them at Exeter cavern, which is about half the size of the venue I saw them in over a decade ago. Going to be good.

On a more metally, got into slayer again for the first time in an age and:

- seasons is still their best album imo

- Blood red is one of the best thrash songs ever. Massively underrated tune. Solo's a bit wank I suppose...

6 hours ago, Scott_M said:

Actually quite impressed by the two new songs.  Last few albums have left me cold but enjoyed these two.  
May remortgage the house and try and get to a couple of shows if I can. 

48 minutes ago, Pete said:

Actually quite impressed by the two new songs.  Last few albums have left me cold but enjoyed these two.  
May remortgage the house and try and get to a couple of shows if I can. 

I’ll give Lars some credit on that tune, he can hit a hi-hat in time really well. 

On a separate note, discovered these two albums through a friend recently. 

Really liked this one, a very dark, moody, mellow doom/blues vibe. 

Little bits of Emperor in this one and other Black Metal artists. Mellows out a bit more toward the end of it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...