You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Give it up, Hillary...

Chris

Almost Black? How does that work? He's mixed race sure but if you asked him he'd say he's Black like most mixed race people do.

Stu, good article. I think over the next few years we will see a definite escalation from the U.S against China as they attempt to try and curtail them while they can.

Re: China, the west has already lost. 1.4 billion ultra-nationalist people led by a very strong government with no such distractions such as democracy or suchlike, and becoming rapidly richer and more resource-hungry by the day. China can make long term plans due to its being a dictatorship, and being so cash rich can follow them through - something the US can't do as effectively with its democratic turnover and massive national debt. The only way I can see things going differently is if they boom and bust catastrophically, the economy crashes and the people revolt. Doubt it'll happen though.

The chinese people are being played like a stradivarius by their government, they'd go over the top with a pair of pyjamas and a plastic knife if their government told them to, and we're not talking communism here as the driving force, it has been replaced by nationalism, similar to Russia under Putin. They got seriously pissed off with the West's treatment of the Tibet thing (interesting alternative viewpoint article here on that: Tibet: dream and reality, by Slavoj Zizek ), be interesting to see if there's any hangover from that during the olympics.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He can have a positive influence on so many levels. He sends out the right message to the world that the America of the new Millenia is about to change for the better. That the domestic and foreign agenda isn't going to be driven by the good old boys on the board of Halliburton. It can be a new start. A chance to heal things.

He's inheriting a rotten country, but one that isn't beyond repair. It's going to take the entirity of the two terms in office to turn the corner, so people shouldn't expect too much. The change mantra shouldn't be underestimated. It's important, and what a lot of people are buying into whether they understand the full extent of his policies or not.

It's been pretty obvious that he can't be caught for a couple of months now. I hadn't thought of her sabotaging him so she could run in 2012. Sounds very plausible indeed.

I do appreciate you replying Chris, but as there's nothing of any substance there I'm not convinced.

His campaign lacks courage and most of all lacks conviction.

If he gets in and his policies are strong and fair and help heal his country and the world, then all credit will go to him.

But there's nothing whatsoever to suggest that, except for the hype.

I for one fear someone who is not willing to nail his colours to the mast.

Honestly, if Barack's campaign continues as it has thus far, I believe McCain will show himself as the better and stronger choice, and if it wasn't for this New Labour-esque 'change' mantra, that would be beyond doubt.

It's not about being black, it's about not being part of a long-standing establishment.

If Barak is 'just one of the boys' why is he being treated so shit by high-placed power brokers in even his own party at the expense of a BIRD?

Is this for real?

Perhaps his own party feel that bird is the better choice to go up against the Republicans and a better choice to subsequently run the country?

The problem for China and India, is that as their inflation is so high their economies will lose the advantage they have in a relatively short space of time. Once they do they are fucked due to the size of their populations.

China's inflation isn't high from what I could tell? Artificially controlled maybe, but no substantial inflation I was aware of... Got any links?

I do appreciate you replying Chris, but as there's nothing of any substance there I'm not convinced.

If he gets in and his policies are strong and fair and help heal his country and the world, then all credit will go to him.

Honestly, if Barack's campaign continues as it has thus far, I believe McCain will show himself as the better and stronger choice, and if it wasn't for this New Labour-esque 'change' mantra, that would be beyond doubt.

Wise words, mate. I agree completely.

I don't get this at all really. Obama has set out a lot of policies, most of them are very similar to Clinton's - as you'd expect with both of them coming from the centrist section of the Democratic party. He's certainly had to specify a lot more policy than McCain has. His hype is generated because he's a good orator, and has generally refused to get involved in negative campaigning and ridiculous say anything to get elected statements. "Totally obliterate Iran" indeed.

It seems maybe you haven't been inclined to read up on any of Obama's policies because of an aversion to hype?

Bang on.

• 3 weeks later...

Spot on Chris.

I firmly believe that for years a higher organisation than we can fathom has had her marked for President for years.

I have no evidence for it, but I just know in my heart that she is the Antichrist. Seriously. She fucking freaks me out and gives me the serious creeps.

Oh, so she's open to being on the VP ticket is she? Suddenly it seems like the old witch has finally cooked in her own dastardly cauldron and now she wants to play nice.

Well, I don't fucking think so, "sweetie" (quote Barack, hehe). Does she really think Barack would go anywhere near putting her on the ticket now, after the campaign she has run against him in recent months? After every negative, nasty, spiteful, hateful, absurd cheep shot she has taken, how on earth could you possibly trust her, how on earth would they be remotely credible as a team after fighting such a bitter, bitter campaign.

Well, the truth is, she doesn't think that. She's hoping she can bully her way to the Oval office because of the absolute fallacy that "he needs her." The threat that Obama can't beat McCain without her support and her supporters. Well Barack definitely needs her supporters (or at least for them not to vote Republican) but he needs her like he needs a hole in the fucking head.

Can you imagine it? How could he trust her. How could he rely on her not to go into business for herself? How could he be seen as a strong figurehead with someone like Hillary Clinton, not to mention Bill lingering in the background. Can you imagine being in the oval office with THREE people thinking they were the president. You can't trust a Clinton. Barack never will, and nor should he.

He needs her supporters, but if she loved her party and her country as much as she says she does, she'll congratulate Obama and endorse him in a credible fashion as possible, express the need for the party to come together, try and convince her supporters that if it's not her then Barack will be best for the country and let him pick his own fucking Vice Presidential running mate.

But no, suddenly she's open to being Vice President, and you can imagine how it'll be spun if Barack doesn't offer her this consolation prize. That's he's a bad person for refusing the olive branch that Hillary has "offered", further alienating her supporters (the racist vote especially) from him and putting us just months from a third Bush term.

She's just playing more games with the ultimate goal of being president still at the forefront of her mind. She would fuck him over before even blinking an eye, the lunatic. Thanks, Hillary, but no thanks. You lost. Now go quietly into the night.

Well said, there's no way that underhanded conniving bitch should be anywhere near the ticket. Surely her 'joining' with Barack would only damage the credible reputation he's built up by not being dragged down to her level through all this shite, but then the U.S public seem to have a knack of seeing differently.

Please don't Barack, plant a snuke instead.

Spot on Chris.

I firmly believe that for years a higher organisation than we can fathom has had her marked for President for years.

I have no evidence for it, but I just know in my heart that she is the Antichrist. Seriously. She fucking freaks me out and gives me the serious creeps.

hillary-clinton.jpg

Hillary%20Clinton%20from%20all4humor.jpg

hillary_clinton.jpg

0,,5806861,00.jpg

I know have the elusive and most conclusive evidence.

I feel so vindicated, but my vindication is now laced with pure horror and fear of the future.

the last one is her olded up due to the evil in her. Like the bloke in LOTR two towers who had saruman in him. Honest.