You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Give it up, Hillary...

Chris

I'm with Chris for the most part, however I think the expectations will be too high. He's promising alot that he cannot possibly deliver. Health care in the US is run by huge corporations and they are probably more powerful than the oil companies. To overhaul the system would take massive courage and perservation- the republicans would have stories every day in the papers aboot some 'wetback' getting access to 'free' health care whilst a mini-driving God-fearing Mom of 4 has to wait for care. FOX will have a field day with this.

When you're right, you're right. Makes my heart sink a little.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If he wins we're all fucked. Just can't allow myself to believe that at the moment. Which is kinda why I'm so desperate for her to move aside.

Not being pedantic or anything, Chris, but how are we all fucked if McCain gets into power in the States?

I have to say I'm very relieved Hillarys fucked up. Even though I'll be backing McCain as I believe he benifits me best (selfish I know, but I've got bills to pay), Obama isn't such a bad choice either. I have no doubt that Clinton would have been a disaster.

Ask not what your country can do for you...

Not being pedantic or anything, Chris, but how are we all fucked if McCain gets into power in the States?

It'll be like George Bush being given a third term pretty much. Nothing will change for the better.

More of the same Republican policies in the foreign affairs department, and their economic policies are also dangerous to future generations with the amount of debt and trade defecits the US is raking up.

I think Obama is better to deal with the emerging powerful nations of India and China (economically speaking) and will be more trusted on the world stage to help diffuse tensions.

I don't think we'll be fucked if McCain gets in (Christ, they make good chips after all) but I think the World will be a better place with Barack.

Of course Walton Red will have snipered him before he even signs one bill.

The Pastor Wright thing has benefited Obama, I think. That was the one big bump-in-the-road he's had so far and he came through it with that great speech on race and claimed the moral high ground.

Amongst his base, yes, due to the brilliant speech. But not amongst nervous white voters. And he need them to win against McCain.

Obama will struggle to deliver if elected and McCain is not that bad for a republican.

Sorry for having a wife and kids mate. When was the last time you fought for your country? (I appologise if you have)

Like I said Obama ain't that bad, just for me McCain is the better candidate

I'm Canadian.

You do our fighting, we send you comedians, ice hockey players and Elisha Cuthbert.

Sorry for having a wife and kids mate. When was the last time you fought for your country? (I appologise if you have)

Like I said Obama ain't that bad, just for me McCain is the better candidate

How on earth is McCain the better candidate? I'm geniunely interested.

Whatever happened to Labatts?

There are 35 cans of Labatts Blue in my fridge.

They were, and there's a little sick in my mouth right now, bought out by those Belgian bastards Interbrew.

They used to have the best selling brand (Blue) but now, shock and horror, it's actually Budweiser (brewed under licencse by Labatt).

The biggest selling light beer is Coors Light here.

Dude, where's my country?

There still a major brewer here (Molson is the other big player).

How on earth is McCain the better candidate? I'm geniunely interested.

I'm a small business owner who basically wants to pay as little tax as possible. But more importantly my wife is a nurse and our view is that it would be great to improve the health system, but some of the things Hillary was talking about would over run it. There would be less doctors because it would be less attractive without the huge pay packets, with less nurses (my wife). I'm no expert on it, my wife thinks she is and she believes that from what she heard of Ms Clintons plans they could have been disasterious.

As far as me being more Republican minded I think alot of that comes from growing up and living in Liverpool/Merseyside, where it sometimes seems the goverment is only there to get in your way. I really do believe ( as I've done it) if your willing to work hard over here there's less problems standing in your way to provide a good living for yourself. I know that might not be fare on everyone, and alot of people struggle to make ends meat. But after years of being taxed to death and being told what I can and cant do, I'm naturaly nervious of anybody who is going to try and change that. It really isn't a case of that I will never vote Democrate, because I would if I thought the Republican candidate was terrible, but I've yet to see that from McCain.

I'm a small business owner who basically wants to pay as little tax as possible. But more importantly my wife is a nurse and our view is that it would be great to improve the health system, but some of the things Hillary was talking about would over run it. There would be less doctors because it would be less attractive without the huge pay packets, with less nurses (my wife). I'm no expert on it, my wife thinks she is and she believes that from what she heard of Ms Clintons plans they could have been disasterious.

As far as me being more Republican minded I think alot of that comes from growing up and living in Liverpool/Merseyside, where it sometimes seems the goverment is only there to get in your way. I really do believe ( as I've done it) if your willing to work hard over here there's less problems standing in your way to provide a good living for yourself. I know that might not be fare on everyone, and alot of people struggle to make ends meat. But after years of being taxed to death and being told what I can and cant do, I'm naturaly nervious of anybody who is going to try and change that. It really isn't a case of that I will never vote Democrate, because I would if I thought the Republican candidate was terrible, but I've yet to see that from McCain.

Fair enough, thanks for sharing.

My wife is a nurse as well.

Small business is what drives the economy and the dream so I agree with the less tax idea. to fully fund a helath system publically and with a huge defecit already taxes ar bound to go up so I would be nervous with the Dems. It will be nigh on impossibloe to change the health sytem to fully funded federally as the cost would be mental.

All this Pastor Wright stuff, I honestly dont see what he's said which is so wrong.

9/11 was America's chickens coming home to roost and so it doesnt matter if he's Obama's former Pastor.

It sums them up for me. After 7 years they still dont get it.