You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

They follow the same structure as most action films to be fair. Hardly going to be complex plots as they are aimed at kids.

true. I really enjoyed TFA and am looking forward the the next film but the whole scene of remember the Death Star well this is the new bad guys weapon a new Death Star that’s it you guessed it it’s even bigger.

Han Solo always used to refer to Luke Skywalker as 'kid', and yet Mark Hamill's older Luke looks like Oliver Reed might have done had he lived to reach his century. In The Force Awakens, Hamill looked like he could have played Han's grandfather.

Han Solo always used to refer to Luke Skywalker as 'kid', and yet Mark Hamill's older Luke looks like Oliver Reed might have done had he lived to reach his century. In The Force Awakens, Hamill looked like he could have played Han's grandfather.

He found his uncle and auntie after they had been incinerated, he had his hand cut off, had weird feelings towards what he later found to be his sister, he found out his dad was an interstellar baddie who he had to fight and basically killed, watched his trainee jedi be wasted by kylo ren who he had trained himself (supposedly) and now lives in isolation. Im not surprised he's aged a bit rapid.

• 2 weeks later...

Not in favour. Too much Star Wars. I think I've fallen out of love with my childhood sweetheart.

If anything, Disney handing the next trilogy to the guy who’s behind the latest film (that’s not even released until next month) is something to be excited about given their track record of firing Star Wars directors.

They are obviously impressed by his work on The Last Jedi and snapping him up to direct and then oversee - especially as they are breaking away from the Skywalker saga in these 3 films.

Ballsy move. Not too arsed about the TV shows if I’m honest. Never have been.

I’ll like it as long as it continues to be good. As much as I loved the originals as a kid (and still do) the Lucas prequels actually even took the shine off them. I fell out of love with in 2005-2015.

TFA ignited my fire again & Rogue One was boss as well. If it continues at that quality, I’ll be delighted.

Funnily, a lass at work watched Rogue One the other week without seeing any of the other films & said she really enjoyed it & wanted to know what to watch next.

Some derp told her off for starting half way through & she should have started with Episode 1.

I piped up and told her she did start in the right place as Episodes 1-3 add nothing to the originals & story.

‘Oh but there’s a lot of story to tell you need to know about’

‘No there isn’t! They weren’t needed in 1977 to set the scene & apart from making Darth Vadar, the galaxy’s biggest bad ass a complete pussy, they achieve nothing’

TBH, I think we scared her off them for good.

• 9 months later...

Force awakens and rogue one were good. Watched the Mr Plinkett review of The Last Jedi and it reminded me how shit it was. As he points out it's got all the beats of a comedy rather than a serious film, I.e insyead of characters having to overcome obstacles they have to overcome their own foul ups and mistakes.

• Upvote 1