You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Things You've Gotten Wrong

El Rojo

Gary McAllister? He's 36 for Christ's sake. Ridiculous.

Anthony Le Tallec is a vastly superior prospect to Cristiano Ronaldo. Mark my words.

Morientes has all the attributes and desire to succeed here. Fantastic signing.

Fernando Torres is too lightweight for the English league. Furthermore he's not really a goalscorer.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary McAllister? He's 36 for Christ's sake. Ridiculous.

Anthony Le Tallec is a vastly superior prospect to Cristiano Ronaldo. Mark my words.

Morientes has all the attributes and desire to succeed here. Fantastic signing.

Fernando Torres is too lightweight for the English league. Furthermore he's not really a goalscorer.

You weren't the only one with that

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/56295-cristiano-ronaldo.html

Thierry Henry? Headless chicken of a winger, no replacement for Anelka.

Dennis Bergkamp? Will flop in the English League, far too lightweight. He'll be gone in a year.

Also thought Torres was not prolific enough, and couldn't understand why we were pinning our hopes on a £2.6m Finnish unknown to plug a leaky defence.

I've never got anything wrong about identifying which players won't make it for whatever reason: it's a gift I have.

With regards to "what the fuck?!" signings that I have been incredulous about, but been proven very, very wrong, then you've already identified the best one; Gary Mac.

As for players that I have been really excited about, and probably championed for far too long, there have been a few, with Harry Kewell being the most recent.

But others include Cisse, Baros and perhaps the most perplexing of all to me: Christain Ziege. I couldn't work out why he wasn't the best LB we'd ever had.

I've never got anything wrong about identifying which players won't make it for whatever reason: it's a gift I have.

With regards to "what the fuck?!" signings that I have been incredulous about, but been proven very, very wrong, then you've already identified the best one; Gary Mac.

As for players that I have been really excited about, and probably championed for far too long, there have been a few, with Harry Kewell being the most recent.

But others include Cisse, Baros and perhaps the most perplexing of all to me: Christain Ziege. I couldn't work out why he wasn't the best LB we'd ever had.

Good shout on Ziege.

Guest PaddyBerger15
I couldn't work out why he wasn't the best LB we'd ever had.

I can answer that one for you. He was a lazy, work shy bastard with a bad attitude who was on the way down and was never a proper left back in a 4-4-2.

Wow, you're razor sharp. I guess we should sell Lucas immediately and Momo Sissoko might as well hang up his boots. You should go into scouting.