You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Have you lost faith in Rafa as manager?

Vincent Vega

Have you lost faith in Rafa as manager?  

296 members have voted

1. 1. Have you lost faith in Rafa as manager?

Sorry to start a new thread on similar lines to those already posted, but I wanted to see what a poll would show. Opinion seems to be divided, but more and more seem to be coming 'round to the idea that our current problems are more to do with the manager and how he is running things than with the appalling owners.

So, where do you stand?

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My own opinion and that of all the lads I go the match with is that Rafa should go at the end of this season. Four years down the line and we look only slightly better than the team he inherited. Poor football, no cohesion and baffling tactics tell me that we need a new manager if we are to improve in the next few seasons.

My own opinion and that of all the lads I go the match with is that Rafa should go at the end of this season. Four years down the line and we look only slightly better than the team he inherited. Poor football, no cohesion and baffling tactics tell me that we need a new manager if we are to improve in the next few seasons.

pretty much sums it all up for me .stick on a helmet though , because someone will call you a cunt for starting the thread and being anti-rafa by post 30

pretty much sums it all up for me .I bet someone will call you a cunt for starting the thread and being anti-rafa by post 30

Rafa's had it. Unless he can win us the CL, he won't survive. Ideally I wanted him to hang around for one more season but that would mean more shit signings and more silly selections and tactics, and yet another season of failing to challenge for the league. And I find that unacceptable.

In four years he´s changed the whole squad. Carra, Sami, Riise and Stevie was the only players good enough. How are we supposed to win everything when the players hardly know each other. Taggart and Wenger was given time, Rafa must too be given time. Now get behind the manager, he fucking deseserves it.

I have as much faith in him now as I did back in November.

I.e None

The season can't end soon enough, I just hope we manage to scrape 4th and things don't turn too sour. Benitez has always been popular with everyone as a man, and I hope that continues rather than turning the way it did in Houllier's later days.

I don't want to see Rafa go but I don't think he'll be at the club come the start of next season. Don't think there's any way back now. I don't think under him we'll ever seriously challenge for the title. He's had enough seasons to get further up the table.

This season in many ways, as we all know, has been shite. Lets just hope he doesn't get all the blame.

I hope between now and the end of the season he goes and turns it around by getting us to another final, although the chances of that are very slim.

Lets see how the players respond against Inter (bit f*cking late though!)

I would replace him at the end of the season based on how things have gone recently. He's a good man and a good manager, but the only way he can turn things around now is with an unlikely run of excellent results between now and the end of the season.