You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Sex and the City. Wife's choice - little treat for her - night out at the oaks. At least i got my tea out and 2 bottles of San Miguel before hand.

Film was cack as you'd expect. The lead - Carrie whatsername is still pig ugly but has bags under her eyes, lines on her face and at one point she bends over in a low cut dress and you get a flash of a couple of emaciated spaniels ears dangling off her wretched corpse like torso.

The ging one is a frigid bitch and kicks her poor sap of a hubby out after he plays away once and confesses all immediately. Their relationship is the only bit of the whole film with any poignancy, emotion or depth to it. She eventually forgives and they live happily ever after and have great sex (as if - yeah right).

That arl slapper from Mossley Hill is still same old same old slapper. yawn.

The brunette is still the only fit one - but I kept thinking of that bj vid of her that has done the rounds and so her "sex scenes" in the film were a disappointment. The wife looked puzzled when i commented "her last film was better".

3/10.

and £6.40 for 2 tiny tubs of Haagen Daas and a bottle of water. What a load of old shite. When is Mama Mia out cos that is next on her list . . . . . . . .

Edited by Michael Howard
oh fuck is there a word limit? should have checked the format first. never mind.

Jeez Mr Howard, I really hope you're storing these up as advance brownie points for taking her to see The Dark Knight/Hellboy 2/your choice of film...

You are a far, far braver man than me.

My silver lining is that if we're at the pics watching chick flick shite it probably means I get a night without the kids (and can sleep in beyond 5.30) and she drives so i can have a couple of beers. At my time of life that is A RESULT !

My silver lining is that if we're at the pics watching chick flick shite it probably means I get a night without the kids (and can sleep in beyond 5.30) and she drives so i can have a couple of beers. At my time of life that is A RESULT !

Fair play. I point blank refused to go and see Sex and the City - that's what all her female friends are for!

To be fair, we can never agree on what to go and watch - the last film we went to see together was Kung Fu Panda!

Although she has said she wants to see The Dark Knight... :thumbup:

No Country For Old Men - 9/10 until the whole narrative perspective changes about 20 mins from the end and then it just goes weird and shit. I loved the visual references to The Searchers. I spotted two: a reflection in the TV screen and the shadow on the motel room wall as Josh Brolin's character walks in.

Cloverfield 8/10 thought it was fantastic and ground breaking the way something on that scale was done like a video diary

unbreakable 6.5/10 thought it was good in parts and liked the main idea behind the film but it could have offered more and ended a bit abruptly

shrooms 1/10 fuckin shite

No Country For Old Men - 9/10 until the whole narrative perspective changes about 20 mins from the end and then it just goes weird and shit. I loved the visual references to The Searchers. I spotted two: a reflection in the TV screen and the shadow on the motel room wall as Josh Brolin's character walks in.

Nooo, the film IS the last 20 mins.

There is an arts festival on in our area and I went to see a film called Call off Cthulu in an old castle called Doe castle. It was a silent movie with some dude up the front playing syns and guitar.

Don't know what the fuck the film was about but setting and sounds were amazing. 10/10

Guest The Chimp

Ghandi - a stunning film. A remarkable effort to condense his life into this. Fantastic cinematography and Ben Kingsley is so unbelievably good. 10 out of 10. Deffo one to add to the film collection if you've yet to do so.

Rambo 4 - Surprisingly ace, viscerally realistic war scenes like no other film I've seen. OK so it's Rambo so not going to be without its cliches and broad strokes, but I really enjoyed it and it's apparently having a significant political effect in Burma too. Refreshingly well-written/directed by Sly too, even if he looks like a botoxed underbite freak nowadays.

7.9/10

Admittedly I was falling asleep, so I'm prepared to be swayed. Why is the film the last 20 minutes?

***Here be spoilers***

Well Paul, as I see it, the story isn’t really centred on Llewllyn Moss (Josh Brolin’s character) and his flight from Anton Chigurh, even though it seems like it for most of the film, and you do empathise with him.

It really takes it’s heart from Tommy Lee Jones, the old law man, and his distress at how his world has got nastier, more violent, and indeed is now “no country for old men”. Hence the seemingly hurried, or cast aside, even random, finishing off of Moss. That even though we see the story line through, for the law man it was a random violent end, one of many that he doesn’t understand or can’t cope with. In fact you could say that Chigurh isn’t so much hunting Moss, as he his an embodiment of the insane, violent times which are hunting the old Sheriff.

The main gist of this is when the Sheriff turns up at the motel just after Chirgurh, and you’re expecting a violent confrontation, a battle to the death, maybe even the Sheriff to catch Chirgurh and bring him to justice – he doesn’t do anything except sit down on the bed. He knows the crimes and times have gotten too much for him.

Also the last bit has Maurice out of Northern Exposure in it, and that can never be a bad thing.