You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Looks like that Predators sucks then. The thing that's annoyed me so much about the press ads is the blurb "Finally the sequel the original movie deserves" - insinuating that Predator 2 is shit. It isn't, it's boss. Danny Glover, Bill Paxton, Gary Busey, "King Willie", how can it not be? Disrespectful fuckers.

Spot on - the scene near the end in the predator spaceship is brilliant. Have some rep.

State of Play - 7.9/10

Political thriller with Russ Crowe and the legend that is Ben Affleck.

Quite enjoyed it. Was fast pasced and intense watching which needed a certain ammount of concentration otherwise you'd miss something. Sound, like.

Glengarry Glen Ross

9/10

How Al Pacino was nominated for an Oscar for supporting role and Lemmon didn't fucking win best Actor let alone not even get nominated for this role of desperation absolutely bewilders me. Then I see Mr HOOHAR winning the best actor that year for Scent of a Woman. Do me a favour.

In Summary - bloody good film (first time viewing) and Lemmon was fucking terrific in it. Brilliant cast too.

Al Pacino

Jack Lemmon

Alec Baldwin

Alan Arkin

Ed Harris

Kevin Spacey

Jonathan Pryce

Twilight - 7/10

Yes i did watch it and no i'm not a 40yr old woman or a teenage girl. It was better than i thought, it was soppy in places but i was expecting it to be full of soppy love scenes like Dawsons Creek and soft rock playing in the background. Was a 6/10 but they had Radiohead - 15 Step playing on the end credits.

Twilight - 7/10

Yes i did watch it and no i'm not a 40yr old woman or a teenage girl. It was better than i thought, it was soppy in places but i was expecting it to be full of soppy love scenes like Dawsons Creek and soft rock playing in the background. Was a 6/10 but they had Radiohead - 15 Step playing on the end credits.

Twilight, new moon or eclipse? They seem to be getting better with each one. I'd still give Bella and her partial breathing talking thing a kick in the teeth. Looking forward to see how the volturi come about in the next one/three. Actually if they do do it in the 3 like my daughter says it has the possibility of being fantastic or ultra shit.

Twilight - 7/10

picardfacepalm2.gif

That Gif that section posted creases me every time. Its fucking hilarious!

I could be wrong but I don't think that ones been posted on here before, it's not to be confused with 'the facepalm' this is actually a double facepalm, the manhatten project of embarrassment/disapproval for which anything to do with Twilight is fully deserving.

Glengarry Glen Ross

9/10

How Al Pacino was nominated for an Oscar for supporting role and Lemmon didn't fucking win best Actor let alone not even get nominated for this role of desperation absolutely bewilders me. Then I see Mr HOOHAR winning the best actor that year for Scent of a Woman. Do me a favour.

In Summary - bloody good film (first time viewing) and Lemmon was fucking terrific in it. Brilliant cast too.

Al Pacino

Jack Lemmon

Alec Baldwin

Alan Arkin

Ed Harris

Kevin Spacey

Jonathan Pryce

That is a superb film. About time I gave it another watch. Lemmon is superb.

This afto I watched Sink The Bismarck. B&W, 1960 with Kenneth Connor (who, let's be honest is shit hot in everything he's done, even if he is Douglas Barder in everything he's in). What a great film. It's been ages since I watched a good old b&w war film and this was excellent. Michael Hordern was a bonus.

The action scenes were obviously models but done that well you could almost imagine what the real actin was like. The sinking of HMS Hood was a massive deal at the time and that wasn't overlooked in the film. Hood at the time had just undergone some modifications and was the Royal Navy's flagship. Bismarck made mincemeat of her in no time and morale in the navy was rock bottom. The order came direct from Churchill to sink the Bismarck and they threw everything into the job.

Great story, great film, Connor excellent - a stiff upper lip 8 out of 10, what.

Twishite .. -30. There's only so much shit a person can stand. I'm going to murder my cousin while she sleeps for dragging me to yet another money waster. It was more or less cringy dialogue... long awkward silence... cringy dialogue... long awkward silence... cringy dialogue... There was no Michael Sheen to cheer me up either. Shite. The only loveliness was my attire and the looks I got for wearing it.

buffy%20staked%20edward_2.jpg

Clue - classic murder-mystery spoof romp - 7.5/10

The Mirror Crack'd - Marple film starring Elizabeth Taylor. Liked it - 7/10

Teeth - silly stuff about a fanny that bites off cocks - 6/10

The Hide - watched this again after having seen it for the first time a few months ago - fucking brilliant - really like it. Some class dialogue and sharp acting - excellent stuff - 9/10

Cloverfield - brilliant. Nothing else to say - 9/10

Red Dawn. Just rewatched it properly. Solid script, solid execution. Great production design, good action set pieces- not too unrealistic. There seem to be some plot holes and cut scenes, especially near the end, and character development tends to get lost amid the constant shooting. Patrick Swayze puts in a shift as Jed but I thought Charlie Sheen was surprisingly poor. Overall the camerawork was very mediocre, you could tell many of the scenes cried out for a more effective visualization. Still a very enjoyable product of its time.

6.5/10

Watched Collateral again the other day, 10/10 for me. I think it's massively underrated and is one of my very favourite films, probably in my top five. It's beautifully shot and there's so much going on underneath with the two main characters, especially the sociopathic Cruise - from the way he reacts to a compliment from Max's mother to not being able to understand why someone would stop their car to let a Coyote cross the road. Fantastic film and a great soundtrack too.