You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rate the last film you watched...

Elite

Kick Ass- smart, funny, outrageously entertaining, believe the hype- 9/10.

Finally - that's the recommendation I wanted to see. Next week's trip to the cinema is sorted.

Micmacs 7/10 Like Amelie and Delicatessen but not quite as good. Still worth catching though.

I'm guessing having an in irrational hatred of two of the leads probably will marr you enjoyment somewhat, but go in with an open mind and you should love every minute. I can't think of a single shit scene to be honest. It's Chloe Moretz as Hitgirl who steals the entire film, though.

I'm guessing having an in irrational hatred of two of the leads probably will marr you enjoyment somewhat, but go in with an open mind and you should love every minute. I can't think of a single shit scene to be honest. It's Chloe Moretz as Hitgirl who steals the entire film, though.
In the trailer, it was clips of this character that was the final straw for me.

In the trailer, it was clips of this character that was the final straw for me.

She's brilliant, so good that after a while you forget youre watching a 12 year old girl and just get immersed in the character, it's not gimmicky at all. I reckon anyone who doesnt like this film is probably a bit of a cocoa shunter.

She's brilliant, so good that after a while you forget youre watching a 12 year old girl and just get immersed in the character, it's not gimmicky at all. I reckon anyone who doesnt like this film is probably a bit of a cocoa shunter.

I don't think Remmie meant it in a good way, a few pages back he said he was not going to watch this film.

I've got a disgraceful nights viewing in front of me, the Bounty Hunter followed by The Blind side, the thing we do.....

The blind side was ok, I don't know what happened but something really strange came over me and I watched it all without falling aslep at any point 6.5/10. Watched Percy Jackson lightening something on dvd later after being threatened with it for a while, wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be and the stereotyping of the black side kick was exquisite 4.5/10.

I Love You Phillip Morris 8/10

Really enjoyed this. Strikes the perfect balance between comedy and drama and matches up some quite touching moments with some belly laughs.

This might sound a bit strange seeing as he's world renowned, but I think Jim Carrey is a very under-rated actor. You say his name and you instantly think of the zany comedies he does, but the fella can't half act and I don't think he gets the recognition he deserves on that front. He's brilliant in this.

When he's got a decent script, Carrey can certainly act.

However, he has been in some utter, utter rubbish as well.

Bit like all actors I suppose.

Covered by The Guardian here.

Yeah deffo. He was ace in The Truman Show. I haven't seen Eternal Sunshine yet, but it's deffo on my list to check out.

He has indeed made some turkeys, but like you said, every actor has more than a few of them on their C.V.

They mightn't be big hits with the critics, but I don't mind his comedies. You know what you're getting before you watch and sometimes you're just in the mood for a bit of silliness so they more than do a job on that front.

The Hurt Locker -just about 8/10 a good film but not a great one and highlights how poor overall the nominees were this year for the awards.

PS on Nic Cage does anyone have an irrational dislike of him because of his hair? I loved a lot of his early stuff but his perfomances are now overshadowed by the most stupid haircut this side of Trump towers + the least natural colouring known to man + plus a fucking awful graft. Oh and his face is starting to look alarmingly Jackson like...